Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

document root location

Options
  • 19-08-2011 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi
    I have an existing simple static website hosted with Blacknight and I now want to design a new site in wordpress.

I've bought Linux Minimus for this purpose and now I'm changing my web hosting to Linux Minimus in Control Panel.
    When editing the Web Hosting (in control panel- Configuration & Administration - All Domains - Web hosting - Change) after selecting Website (Apache) and Linux Minimus on the next step, Webspace Settings, I'm asked to specify the 'Path to document root location relatively to document root of main domain'

I don't know what I should specify here, can you give me any hint? Should it be /webspace/httpdocs/domain.tld?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

if you means the "Location" field, then we recommend /domainname

if you mean the location for your Wordpress install and you are installing through the Application Vault then you should just use / if you wants it to show at the root of your domain

Advertisement