Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO help

• 19-08-2011 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

is there absolutly no way of changing your cao now? from what i got in my results i think i shall be heading to cork for a course i dont want to do and was made put down on my cao by my parents.. is there anyway i can not go there? majorly depressed here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No there is no way. If it's your first choice and you have the points you will be offered it and you won't get any more offers. I'm assuming it's your first choice. Best you can do if you really don't want to do the course is take a year out and reapply next year and maybe do a PLC course in the meantime to get an extra qualification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sh4128

its not first choice took a chance putting primary teaching first but wud be about 20 points off it if we go from last years points.. is there noway of transferring to a different college once ur in a college?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Its in order of preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

sh4128 wrote: »
    is there absolutly no way of changing your cao now?
    No.
    from what i got in my results i think i shall be heading to cork for a course i dont want to do and was made put down on my cao by my parents..
    Seriously, why do people do this?

Of course you should listen to your parents and consider their advice carefully, but there's no point in letting them make your CAO decisions for you ... it's your life, and you are the one who will be studying the course (or probably not studying it / failing, if you have no interest).
    is there noway of transferring to a different college once ur in a college?
    It *may* be possible to transfer within the college if there are vacant places on another course, and you had the points for it anyway.

You could also have a look at the Vacant Places list on the CAO website next week.

Or you could re-apply through the CAO next year, or repeat your LC if you are set on a course for which you didn't get the points this year.

Advertisement