Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper: What is your favourite dish to cook on two gas rings?

• 19-08-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Weekend Campervan: What is your favourite dish to cook on two gas rings? (No oven allowed)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Has to be the full irish, all the trimmings...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Proper chicken curry / beef madras, simmering all day:D:D........Basmati rice.
    Made from scratch with all the spices, none of yer jar craic.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Sea food Tagliatelle. Very easy to make ( I believe )
    I have eaten this parked on the peir in Mullaghmore, the peir in Killybegs and several other seaside locations , looking out at the wild atlantic.
    Its like a scene from 1 of the cookery programmes on TV.
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Egg fried rice for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

ummm... old el paso with fried chicken wrapped up nicely with all the spices and salsa. very nice indeed. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Full irish, no question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Had a nice carbonara down new quay in clare last week yummy scrummy, very fast with fresh pasta too.

We got a smev oven on the list. It will be nice to bung stuff in and not have to stand over it. I think the first meal will be enchilladas or a nice biryani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Love the smell of a full Irish wafting around the campsites.

Tasty dish on one ring is a nice stew or a beef bourginon or a beef ghoulash. Make enough for 2 days in one go to save on washing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 gerryt50

Chilli Con Carne and Rice Yum-Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Chicken marinaded in soy sauce and with honey on them, weird i know, fried in a wok with some green peppers (bell pepper), onions, green chillies, red chillies, sesame seeds, and those very small tomatos can't remember the proper name of them, the other ring is used for some proper chinese noodles.

either that one or a big greasy fry.... maybe with some black and white pudding "roulades" also if you're feeling extra decadent

• Advertisement
Advertisement