Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping One Half of a Double Major at a Late Stage?

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi.

I'm doing a double major in English and Drama. I'm going into third year this year. I took English and Drama because when I started in UCD I didn't know how the module system worked and assumed it would be the only way I could study English in UCD with my CAO points. Anyway, this was not a good idea and I want to drop drama.

I was kind of lackadaisical about college in first year and didn't bother checking out switching to a single subject major so I just stuck with drama. My question is, can I drop drama now (there is an option to drop it in my SIS) while retaining my credits for the drama classes I have already completed and just finish my degree with a single major in English and lots of electives?

I know these questions are annoying and that I'm a fool for not researching this more from the start but if anybody could give me any help/advice, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Hi.

I'm doing a double major in English and Drama. I'm going into third year this year. I took English and Drama because when I started in UCD I didn't know how the module system worked and assumed it would be the only way I could study English in UCD with my CAO points. Anyway, this was not a good idea and I want to drop drama.

I was kind of lackadaisical about college in first year and didn't bother checking out switching to a single subject major so I just stuck with drama. My question is, can I drop drama now (there is an option to drop it in my SIS) while retaining my credits for the drama classes I have already completed and just finish my degree with a single major in English and lots of electives?

I know these questions are annoying and that I'm a fool for not researching this more from the start but if anybody could give me any help/advice, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Woah.. bit late in the day for flip to single subject major! This is def. a Programme Office specific inquiry, which you should prob go to if you want any clarity.

Besides which...missing out on Shakespeare man - really?

Although avoiding... em.. the Roaring Girle and the like would be a bonus I suppose. :P

P.S. Are you sure you don't mean you are going into second year?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bistrosidecar

Woah.. bit late in the day for flip to single subject major! This is def. a Programme Office specific inquiry, which you should prob go to if you want any clarity.

Besides which...missing out on Shakespeare man - really?

Although avoiding... em.. the Roaring Girle and the like would be a bonus I suppose. :P

P.S. Are you sure you don't mean you are going into second year?

Thanks for the response. No I'm afraid I do mean third year. I'm just that disorganized. Getting in touch with the programme office now.

On the Shakespeare note: I love Shakespeare and I love reading drama. It's the theory classes. I made the major mistake of taking "Staging Performance" in second year. It was terrifying. Legged it out and dropped it after three classes. :/

Thanks again for the reply!

Advertisement