Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking second choice in CAO.

• 19-08-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Is there anyway you can just ignore your first offer and wait for your second offer and accept that instead? As i dont want my first choice anymore and would prefer my second choice times a million. I have enough points for both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nopes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There is no way of doing this. You indicated to the CAO by putting your first preference down first that you wanted it more than your second. So they will give you your first preference. No way of changing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

I'm in a similar situation.

I didnt get the maths requirement for my first choice.

Will i get offered my second choice on Monday or will i have to wait for the second round :confused: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sh4128

cao is the worst thing in the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

And what would happen if i just didnt accept my first offer. I wouldnt get another one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

FTS wrote: »
    And what would happen if i just didnt accept my first offer. I wouldnt get another one?

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

You can always wait until next year OP, and apply with this year's points (with your preferences reversed, obviously).

You would be insane to accept an offer if it's not the one you want.

A year might seem like a long time to wait, but it's a damn sight better than doing 3/4 years of the wrong degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

SoTek72 wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation.

I didnt get the maths requirement for my first choice.

Will i get offered my second choice on Monday or will i have to wait for the second round :confused: ?

You will get an offer for your second choice on monday if you meet all the requirements for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Is there anyway you can just ignore your first offer and wait for your second offer and accept that instead? As i dont want my first choice anymore and would prefer my second choice times a million. I have enough points for both.

Is it in the same institution? If so, you might be able to transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, there isn't.

Please read the sticky at the top of the forum. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

No. You'll only got offered the highest course you're eligible for. Not everyone gets a second round offer.
    sh4128 wrote: »
    cao is the worst thing in the world!!

No, it's really not. Just poorly understood by some people.

Advertisement