Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking HTC sensation

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying a htc sensation and noticed that htc have released a bootloader unlocker for the sensation. What will this achieve? will this only let me flash custom roms to the handset or does it unlock the phone altogether and allow the use of other sims?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

steve_ wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying a htc sensation and noticed that htc have released a bootloader unlocker for the sensation. What will this achieve? will this only let me flash custom roms to the handset or does it unlock the phone altogether and allow the use of other sims?

Saw the same thing Steve,yeah wondering if this bootloader unlocker will act as a network unlocker.Presume it will be something similar to the jailbreak for an iphone/ipod touch and simply allow alternative app sources,more than the mundane stuff one does on a phone.As the page says....... We kind of agree with them, as Uncle John really doesn’t need to unlock his phone if all he does is call, text and surf.

Presume since it's htc themself who are releasing this bootloader unlocker that it will not void any warranty if it does'nt work if you perform the unlock correctly?

Looked at youtube and googled unlock htc sensation.Loads of on line companies claiming they can unlock the htc sensation,not sure which if any can really unlock this device,hard to see the forest through the trees.Steve if you hear anything will you PM me.

Advertisement