Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD campus waiting list

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey guys I just got my results and am UCD-bound. However, when I check the online campus priority list, it no longer says my position on the list (which was just over 1800) instead says,
    ''Sorry, we are not currently accepting applications for the accommodation waitlist. Please visit ucd.ie/residences for more information on how and when to apply for accommodation at UCD Student Residences''. I don't recall removing myself from the list unless by accident by clicking wrong button next to ''logout''.
    Anyone else experience a similar problem or does it just not show your number this weekend because of CAO round 1?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 merlin13

Im not sure, but i just checked mine and it said im 2200, and theres like 726 places :(
    Dont know what im gonna do!
    Check again today id say after u have accepted your place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

merlin13 wrote: »
    Im not sure, but i just checked mine and it said im 2200, and theres like 726 places :(
    Dont know what im gonna do!
    Check again today id say after u have accepted your place :)

I'm the same :( I'm like number 2350.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

2214. I don't have a clue if I even have a chance or not. :/

Maybe the list started at 2000 hahaha i wish!

Fingers crossed anyway! Where are ye hoping to get in anyway?

merlin13 wrote: »
    Maybe the list started at 2000 hahaha i wish!

Fingers crossed anyway! Where are ye hoping to get in anyway?

Glenomena, Belgrove or Merville. :P I'm not too bother really. I'd prefer not having to share a bathroom but then I've also heard Glenomena is where all the 4th years/post grads go? You? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Apparently once you're under 3000, you're sound. Might be limited on choice, but you'll get a bed.

I'm 103, so I'm really sound. :D

And going for Belgrove, which may defeat the point of being so high up.. :P

Exothermic wrote: »
    Glenomena, Belgrove or Merville. :P I'm not too bother really. I'd prefer not having to share a bathroom but then I've also heard Glenomena is where all the 4th years/post grads go? You? :)

Im thinking Glenomena too, i like the idea of having my own bathroom!
    But the whole postgrads thing is a bit of a turn-off, but id say its different every year and there could be a good few first years :D

what.to.do wrote: »
    Apparently once you're under 3000, you're sound. Might be limited on choice, but you'll get a bed.

:P Well an early congrats to you anyway! I really hope I get on campus, I'll be moving up from Limerick so it'd make the move so much easier. Sure, if I can get my own bed in any of those 3 I won't make a fuss like!

What's the general consensus on Glenomena? As a first year are you better off in Merville/Belgrove?
    Belgrove is pretty central on campus for my buildings so that's a major plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Hey is it too late if I still haven't applied yet? Also does anyone have any experience of Roebuck Castle Catered Residences? Whats the set up like? I understand its separate rooms but in the same apartment? Something like that?

:P Well an early congrats to you anyway! I really hope I get on campus, I'll be moving up from Limerick so it'd make the move so much easier. Sure, if I can get my own bed in any of those 3 I won't make a fuss like!

What's the general consensus on Glenomena? As a first year are you better off in Merville/Belgrove?
    Belgrove is pretty central on campus for my buildings so that's a major plus!

I did get up at stupid o'clock to put my name on the list, so I pat myself on the back. :P I'm moving from Galway so I know how ya feel!!

I wish you luck. :D

Belgrove central to you? What are you going studying?
    Its a two minute walk from the Arts buildings, so I hear, so ideal for mise. :D

• Advertisement

I did get up at stupid o'clock to put my name on the list, so I pat myself on the back. :P I'm moving from Galway so I know how ya feel!!

I wish you luck. :D

Belgrove central to you? What are you going studying?
    Its a two minute walk from the Arts buildings, so I hear, so ideal for mise. :D

If I've looked at the maps properly, it seems to be closer to the Health Science Buildings than Merville. :) I'll be studying Biomedical Health & Life Sciences.

If I've looked at the maps properly, it seems to be closer to the Health Science Buildings than Merville. :) I'll be studying Biomedical Health & Life Sciences.

Aw nice one! I wish you aaaaall the best in getting a bed!

Sure if you're really stuck, there's probably a nice park bench around...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

I'm liking the sound of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Don't be put off by being crazily far down on the list- I really thought that I didn't have a hope, then didn't check my emails and missed my chance to get on campus accommodation in first year... be optimistic till the bitter end! :P

Aw nice one! I wish you aaaaall the best in getting a bed!

Sure if you're really stuck, there's probably a nice park bench around...:D

Sounds like a solid back up anyway :P I could wash in the lake, no worries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

I wonder are the chances good if you're around no.1500?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

I havn't even got a number yet.. Would it even be worth my while to wait and see or should I book off campus accomodation, does anyone know? Anyone know any close off campus accomodation?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

When i rang they told me they will have and idea if im in on Thursday!! :O dunno ??
    But im dreadin gettin a shared room :O wudnt like dat really:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coco pop

hey im a first year going to UCD.. Merville or Belgrove ? please help !! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

Do you have a choice? Are you not just shoved into one of them if you're lucky to get a place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Do you have a choice? Are you not just shoved into one of them if you're lucky to get a place?

I'm pretty sure you get to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

470 as of five seconds ago... Jesus I better get in, otherwise I'm off to repeat. :eek:

470 as of five seconds ago... Jesus I better get in, otherwise I'm off to repeat. :eek:
    Living up to the name, eh? ;)

Siuin wrote: »
    Living up to the name, eh? ;)

You've lost me :confused: :L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

I've been lurking on 62 for half an hour now. ugggh. I just want this to be over haha

Shonagh wrote: »
    I've been lurking on 62 for half an hour now. ugggh. I just want this to be over haha

I thought it was only updated everday at 4? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be on 62 till tomorrow afternoon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

you should be on 62 till tomorrow afternoon :(

I was 186, then at five or ten past four i jumped up to 62..

please don't say that! :P

Shonagh wrote: »
    I was 186, then at five or ten past four i jumped up to 62..

please don't say that! :P

It's a horrible wait! I suppose it's because everyone who gets offered a place has 24 hrs to reply, makes sense that they wait that long to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Earlier around 11 or 12 I was 259. Around 3ish I had jumped to 267. Well I was wondering what the you know what I'm about to say. Now 167:D

• Advertisement

You've lost me :confused: :L:L
    Your name is sh1tin-a-brick and you ARE sh!ting a brick

Advertisement