Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

info on car trailers

• 19-08-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm looking for a car trailer. Around 8'6'. County Limerick area. anyone know a good price anywhere? or is anyone looking to sell something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

hi, its worth your while travelling up to Murphy Trailers, Weir Road, Tuam. highly recommend the quality of these trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

hi, its worth your while travelling up to Murphy Trailers, Weir Road, Tuam. highly recommend the quality of these trailers.

+1. They're a seriously well made trailer for the money no matter what size trailer you're after.

The two sons were in Tullamore Show displaying their wears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

pakalasa wrote: »

Think so. We have a Murphy trailer, with a deck for the sheep. One criticism I have of it is the shape side air holes. On the trailer we have they're oblong, on previous trailers we've had they've been round. So, what's the problem?, you ask.

The problem is we have scotch sheep, scotch sheep have horns. We've more one horn bandits now because of that trailer than any other trailer. When a ewe stuck her horn out the round hole, she seemed to be able to get it back in easily.But these oblong holes seem to hold onto it and inevitable the horn ends up breaking :eek:

Apart from that... They're a great trailer.

One other odd thing. We had ours delivered part way by the man himself. Another neighbour had a trailer which came with a spare. When we saw ours it had none, so, we asked about it to be told the tires on this trailer "don't get punctures"...

:rolleyes: They do.

I know, I seem to be bitching a lot. But it really is a good trailer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mountain Mayo

Got a trailer there lately from Westwood in Naas, a second hand one with fold up decks, spotless, went up for it meself, wasn't gonna pay a lad to bring it down, delighted with it though

• Advertisement

johngalway wrote: »
    Another neighbour had a trailer which came with a spare. When we saw ours it had none.

They don't come with a spare as standard. It's extra. You are getting an exceptionally well built trailer for the money. He was the hardest man I've come across to haggle with. But the golden rule with me is if there is no budge with the money, then try to get something 'thrown in.' I tried my hardest for the spare. In the end I got the hanger. Wasn't not going to buy the trailer, so was happy with that. Easy pick up an old rim and tyre good enough for a spare. It doesn't look as appealing either to a potential thief. I wouldn't be putting it on unless going a journey.

I did buy a second bottle jack for the jeep aswel. A 5T one. It's good to have if you get a puncture with the jeep or trailer. It stows easily in the same space as the original jeep jack. When you've jacked so far with one and it's not high enough, it's easy stick in the second at another point to take over. Also learnt from experience and being caught out to have a few small offcuts of hardwood in the tray under the seat ;)

pakalasa wrote: »
    Yes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Muckit wrote: »
    They don't come with a spare as standard. It's extra. You are getting an exceptionally well built trailer for the money.

That's fair enough and I wasn't giving out as such. Just that when we asked about it, we weren't offered an option, only told they didn't get punctures :rolleyes: Which was a bit pointless.

Advertisement