Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slatted sheds in farm accounts

• 19-08-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all.
    can I ask a quick question trying to help prepare dad's accounts
    How do you carry a slatted shed in the balance sheet? is it the cost less grant? is it depreciated?
    lastly what is the corect rate for capital allowances..

thanks so much in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Yes. Cost less grant in balance sheet. Capital allowances are at 12.5% but check and see if you are in reps or anything else like this as you can sometimes claim the capital allowances quicker if you want. Did you claim back the bat on the cost of the shed? Also depreciation should be between 2-5% or over the expected life of the building but its not important for tax purposes as its added back to the profits. Any more questions let me know.
    Lucoz wrote: »
    Hi all.
    can I ask a quick question trying to help prepare dad's accounts
    How do you carry a slatted shed in the balance sheet? is it the cost less grant? is it depreciated?
    lastly what is the corect rate for capital allowances..

thanks so much in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

sorry didnt want to start new thread.

I bought a tractor for 11k in DEcember2015, revenue told me to claim 12.5% of the cost over 8 years.

Is this 1375 to be added into my accounts for 16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23, and i cant put the 11k that i paid in cash into my farm accounts for 2015?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

The 11k goes straight to the balance sheet and stays there for as long as you have the tractor. The 1375 is taken from your profits for the 8 years. You should depreciate it also in the accounts and you could use the same rate as the capital allowances. The depreciation will reduce your profits in the profit and loss and also the tractor in the balance sheet. At the end of 8 years the tractor should have a nil value. Does that make sense?
    sonnybill wrote: »
    sorry didnt want to start new thread.

I bought a tractor for 11k in DEcember2015, revenue told me to claim 12.5% of the cost over 8 years.

Is this 1375 to be added into my accounts for 16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23, and i cant put the 11k that i paid in cash into my farm accounts for 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

duffysfarm wrote: »
    The 11k goes straight to the balance sheet and stays there for as long as you have the tractor. The 1375 is taken from your profits for the 8 years. You should depreciate it also in the accounts and you could use the same rate as the capital allowances. The depreciation will reduce your profits in the profit and loss and also the tractor in the balance sheet. At the end of 8 years the tractor should have a nil value. Does that make sense?

So I put the full amount down to farm in 2015? And 1375 is the depreciation that it loses .. Cool :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

What do you mean put the full amount down? The full amount is not an expense in any one year.
    sonnybill wrote: »
    So I put the full amount down to farm in 2015? And 1375 is the depreciation that it loses .. Cool :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement