Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shanakiel

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    I am thinking to move into cork city and would love to hear, if its safe to live in Shanakiel? I am not irish and I am living in Limerick right now, so would love to know, cause some of my friends told me that its not really safe to live in north part of cork city. So is Shanakiel safe enough? Can I walk from/ to town after 9pm and feel safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Shanakiel is on the boarderline of Holyhill and Knocknaheeny.

The area itself isn't really that bad, as long as you don't cross in to Knocknaheeny after dark you'll be fine.

I grew up in an estate called Briarscourt, which was literally across the road from Hollyhill. The estate I lived in was peaceful enough, but the dump up in Holyhill was just horrible.

What part of Shanakiel will you be living in? It'd be easier to say how "safe" you'd be walking from/to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kriiss

I am looking at house witch is on Mount prospect ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Does it have to be THAT house you want.There are a lot of properties for rent around Cork City.Check out here.

http://www.daft.ie/

I know there is loads of houses in cork but I just wanna clear out for my self if its safe place to live or not. This is one of the houses I am thinking of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I live in Shanakiel. Its grand. Very quiet.

Mount Prospect is very nice.

Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Mount Prospect is grand, go for it!

Oh and welcome to Cork :D

thanks everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

Hi all, Briarscourt/Oakdale, Monastery Avenue/Terrace - any feedback on the residents these days? Quiet, dodgy, and resettlements into the areas as part of Knocknaheeny Regeneration Scheme for example? Any info would be much appreciated, thanks

Advertisement