Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching From BA International to reg BA

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

So my whole registration has become a complete mess. I was originally accepted into a BA International French degree doing both English and French. Since the beginning of last year I decided I didn't want to go abroad and told the lecturer at one of those seminars for choosing your destination. He said it would be fine and that if i didn't apply it would automatically default back to a regular BA degree. Fastforward to Wednesday morning when I got up at 7 waiting to register online and believing that everyone else had trouble accessing the page. However I am still unable to access module registration with "Phase 2 not available" appearing on the main screen for SIS. I was in UCD yesterday and the guy at the registry office had no clue what to do. He said I mightn't even be able to go back this year!!. The woman in the French office was kind enough to manually register me to my French modules but so far no luck yet with English and I still haven't been able to access my timetable on SIS or enter the module registration page. This is a nightmare!
    Whatever happens, and even if I'm lucky enough to get this sorted I am going to have the worst modules possible. Anyone have any possible solutions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You went to the registry office, but have you been to the Programme Office yet? Should try and get down their asap. Hard to believe that you would be the first student ever to switch from the International programme to the standard BA programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ucdstudent92

Sorry yeah i meant the programme office, the one in Newman as your going to wards blocks F and G. That's what I thought too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I was in your exact situation this time last year except that I was about
    <.> close to going to Berlin. Got delayed for 12 hours. Ended up being a straight swap and incurred a €30 fee. Biggest regret though of my time in UCD.

Advertisement