Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I switch from Vodafone to Emobile?

Options
  • 19-08-2011 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,
    My partner and I are currently on vodafone bill pay and we are heavy users of call time and internet for business reasons. We live in Donegal Town. Also my friend lives in Dublin and she has just opened a business. Herself and her partner are heavy users on prepay. I have advised that she look for a price plan that has unlimited call and internet use and I see emobile has some unbelievable deals.
    My questions are as follows;
    Will we have coverage in Donegal town, outdoors, indoors including internet coverage (3g)? We have just moved house and we have no 3G coverage with vodafone in the house at all, even though we are living in the town. We should be getting home broadband too so would there be a home broadband, home phone and bill pay package or discount? I would still want to have 3G at the house for other users.
    Will she have decent coverage and mobile internet in Drumcondra in Dublin and the city centre?
    Does emobile provide a trial period in the event of no coverage in the house or something? Or will we be completely tied into a 2 year contract?
    If the coverage is poor in these areas, as it seems to be on the reviews I've read, is there going to be any improvement of it?
    I would greatly appreciate any advise from users, good and bad. Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

pennylemon wrote: »
    Hi,
    My partner and I are currently on vodafone bill pay and we are heavy users of call time and internet for business reasons. We live in Donegal Town. Also my friend lives in Dublin and she has just opened a business. Herself and her partner are heavy users on prepay. I have advised that she look for a price plan that has unlimited call and internet use and I see emobile has some unbelievable deals.
    My questions are as follows;
    Will we have coverage in Donegal town, outdoors, indoors including internet coverage (3g)? We have just moved house and we have no 3G coverage with vodafone in the house at all, even though we are living in the town. We should be getting home broadband too so would there be a home broadband, home phone and bill pay package or discount? I would still want to have 3G at the house for other users.
    Will she have decent coverage and mobile internet in Drumcondra in Dublin and the city centre?
    Does emobile provide a trial period in the event of no coverage in the house or something? Or will we be completely tied into a 2 year contract?
    If the coverage is poor in these areas, as it seems to be on the reviews I've read, is there going to be any improvement of it?
    I would greatly appreciate any advise from users, good and bad. Thanks!

Hi PennyLemon,

Thank you for considering our network.

Can I just ask whether you would be looking to sign up on a business or consumer plan? Either way we offer a 14 day cooling off period on your contract.

If you would like to view our coverage maps they can be found here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/coverage/. They will give you an idea of the coverage that we offer around the country.

If you need any further information from myself please just let me know and i'll be happy to help.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Hi Steve,

TO be honest a 14 day trial period sounds perfect. We all run our own businesss but all just started out so we would like to keep them on a personal phone contract for now. We are all just afraid of the no coverage thing as Im sure youo can understand our worries.

The price plan with the iphone4 and unlimited calls and data for €79 is the priceplan we all would want I think. If there is an add on for international calls or UK calls thats would be great too.

Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Do you know what the Meteor coverage is like in your area?
    If so Emobiles network will have the same as they are on the same network as Meteor in case you didn't know you could always get a sim card on pre pay just to check out coverage before moving over to Emobile.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CAH61

I've been considering moving to 'mobile' broadband for the house for a while as we don't actually use our landline phone, thus paying line rental for nothing. My brother lives close by and has his through the 3 network and its pretty good.

We live fairly remotely, with the landline only giving us about 1.5mb speed, so I was all for going with 3 also. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a phonecall from eMobile. The guy assured me that the broadband would be good coverage in our area and we could have the modem for €39 and sign up for a €9.99 a month plan (going up to €19.99 after the first 6 months 'offer' period).

The main thing I needed to know was that we could hook up the modem to our wired network of 3 -4 pc's in the house. I specifically asked if the device had a LAN port and was assured it had.

So, I paid the €39 for the modem by Visa card and agreed to pay the 9.99 a month by Direct Debit.

The hub/modem came a few days later and was nothing we'd been promised! No LAN port at all. We decided to give it a go and see what wireless signal we could get. Nothing!! No network detected even. I put the device in my pocket to see if it would detect any network when I went into town nearby.. again, very little. I think it picked up 2G briefly.

As soon as I got home, I phoned to cancel the agreement (as I'd been assured I could). I was sent a 'jiffy' envelope to return the device, which I did the next day.

Today I have a bill from eMobile for €11.61, dated 5 days after I cancelled the agreement. We didn't even connect to the network!

I've phoned and the guy has credited my account with the €11.61, but I still haven't been refunded the €39 to my visa. The guy on customer services looked into it and said they've not received it back yet, 11 days after I posted it. I do have proof of posting, so I was told I just have to wait.

Not happy!

CAH61 wrote: »
    I've been considering moving to 'mobile' broadband for the house for a while as we don't actually use our landline phone, thus paying line rental for nothing. My brother lives close by and has his through the 3 network and its pretty good.

We live fairly remotely, with the landline only giving us about 1.5mb speed, so I was all for going with 3 also. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a phonecall from eMobile. The guy assured me that the broadband would be good coverage in our area and we could have the modem for €39 and sign up for a €9.99 a month plan (going up to €19.99 after the first 6 months 'offer' period).

The main thing I needed to know was that we could hook up the modem to our wired network of 3 -4 pc's in the house. I specifically asked if the device had a LAN port and was assured it had.

So, I paid the €39 for the modem by Visa card and agreed to pay the 9.99 a month by Direct Debit.

The hub/modem came a few days later and was nothing we'd been promised! No LAN port at all. We decided to give it a go and see what wireless signal we could get. Nothing!! No network detected even. I put the device in my pocket to see if it would detect any network when I went into town nearby.. again, very little. I think it picked up 2G briefly.

As soon as I got home, I phoned to cancel the agreement (as I'd been assured I could). I was sent a 'jiffy' envelope to return the device, which I did the next day.

Today I have a bill from eMobile for €11.61, dated 5 days after I cancelled the agreement. We didn't even connect to the network!

I've phoned and the guy has credited my account with the €11.61, but I still haven't been refunded the €39 to my visa. The guy on customer services looked into it and said they've not received it back yet, 11 days after I posted it. I do have proof of posting, so I was told I just have to wait.

Not happy!

Hi CAH61,

Sorry to hear about the above.

Do you have an eMobile account number I could referrence. It'll be on the bill you received from us up the top right and it'll begin with CA.

-Steve

• Advertisement

Hi CAH61,

That'll be refunded to you within 10 working days.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,

-Steve

Advertisement