Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband drops at the same time every day

Options
  • 19-08-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We live in Portarlingon and have boardband with Eircom. At 20:20 every day the service drops out and can be gone from 5 min to 30 min.

This is happening every day, any ideas of what it could be ??? Its a pain when i'm trying to watch sport or so some work:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi all,

We live in Portarlingon and have boardband with Eircom. At 20:20 every day the service drops out and can be gone from 5 min to 30 min.

This is happening every day, any ideas of what it could be ??? Its a pain when i'm trying to watch sport or so some work:mad:

Hi elvis jones,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Can you PM your home phone number and I will take a look at the authentication servers to see if your broadband disconnection tallies with the times outlined.
    If you can advise if you are connecting with more than one PC or laptop, or games console. Whether you're connecting over Ethernet cable (yellow) or over a wirelesss connection to your modem.

Is your modem in an upstairs study or bedroom? Is your modem in a room downstairs? or is your modem connected to the Master Phone socket (usually in the hallway, downstairs)?

From what you say, some ideas why this is happening :
    Could be more than one reason for this.
    In some cases this may occur because of spyware on your computer. It might also be due to some software or applications regularly updating on your computer.
    It could also be hardware or a faulty ADSL splitter.

If you need to call into Broadband Support directly they can also check this for you:

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call time and help if you need to follow up.

Kind regards,

Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

@elvis
    my router was set to refresh everyday at a set time
    this is 24 hours after its switched on,
    if you get a chance turn it off ( at the wall) and on again at some un godly hour or
    at some time that you will never want it again
    should sort you out

Advertisement