Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lay of the Day Thread

Options
  • 19-08-2011 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it'd be a good idea to post this thread,similar to fancies for today but lays that you fancy.

Hoof It 3.40 York 3.65

I've been saying it for a while I think he's a crazy price for a horse having his first try in anything about handicap company. May well win but I'd rather be a layer than a backer in this case.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Was never in the race. If only they were all like that

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Well done mate never in doubt.I love these threads i hope it lasts.

I do hope people will join in.

Free World 4.25 Ballinrobe 4.1

This is a crazy price for a horse who's won once over fences. Unseated at the first for his new trainer last time and his form figures are uninspiring. This race isn't particularly strong but I'd lay him all day before backing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good idea.

14:00 Newton Abbot Class 4 Novices Hurdle
    Lay He's Our Lad evens on BF which looks too short when Businessmoney Judi is 2/1, I'm sure if her failure LTO (in handicap coming after 2 novice wins over hurdles including beating American Ladie ) hadn't happened she'd be the hot favourite and so I'd prefer to trust she'll bounce back than back the favourite.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mike. Now available to lay at 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ILOVEMCLOVIN

Nice start, hopefully you will make it 2/2 :)

mike65 wrote: »
    Good idea.

Lay He's Our Lad evens on BF which looks too short when Businessmoney Judi is 2/1, I'm sure if her failure LTO (in handicap coming after 2 novice wins over hurdles including beating American Ladie ) hadn't happened she'd be the hot favourite and so I'd prefer to trust she'll bounce back than back the favourite.

That was who I was going to pick actually

Thanks McLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

New to laying but there isn't much financial advantage to it is there?

• Advertisement

It all depends really. In theory,it's safer than backing to win. That said,if you're laying large priced horses you'll get stung bad,so I try to lay shorter priced horses. It can often lose,but it's limited liability compared to laying a 50/1 shot if it came in

UrbanSea wrote: »
    That was who I was going to pick actually

Pick to win or pick to lay? I think using BACK or LAY rather than pick is wise on this thread :)

Haha my apologies. To lay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Good luck with the thread!

Oscar haven't seen you since Cheltenham

Just having a nice relaxing summer :D. I'll be back for another few Grade 1's soon :p.

mike65 wrote: »
    Good idea.

Businessmoney Judi wins and He's Our Lad didn't finish. :)

Nice call mike. Free World wins. You still would have had to be bonkers to back him I think

Forever My Friend 3.3 19:00 Hereford
    The favourite (Jive Master) will be hard to beat I'd say after a good debut over hurdles. Forever My Friend is too short for a horse making his hurdling debut against a 2 time bumper winner who ran second on hurdling debut.

Grand Lahou 4.55 Hereford 2.62

A modest handicap chaser who is dropping back to novice hurdle company for the first time since 2008. Has had a recent run over fences so he's fit,but Eastlake looks progressive and won first time up over hurdles. If he's fit after a break he could be a good bet.

• Advertisement

Lads something weird here in the 4.45 Kempton...BF have it 2/1 on fav while 9/4 in the bookies with evens bar and its 6/1 in the bookies bar.

I;ve just layed the life of the fave at 1.5 but can back at 9/4

Well done Urban, McCoy comes out on top in a finish again.

Thanks Oscar. You should have seen that Kempton race on BF,I couldn't believe it :eek:

I hope you made yourself a few bob! :D

Aw I made sure of it.

Forever My Friend 3.3 19:00 Hereford
    The favourite (Jive Master) will be hard to beat I'd say after a good debut over hurdles. Forever My Friend is too short for a horse making his hurdling debut against a 2 time bumper winner who ran second on hurdling debut.
    Jive Master wins and Forever My Friend only 3rd :D.

Jasus we're good! :D

We'll be millionaires by Christmas :pac:

Hope so :P

• Advertisement

14:45 Sedgefield Aggora Novices' Hurdle(Qualifier) (4) 2m1f

Bullet Man currently about 2/1, this is my fav type of lay, a débutante over the sticks
    going up against a winner with scope for improvement - Art Broker. He was poor LTO fading away badly and in a different parish as Bhaltair crossed the line but look past that and he easily has the form to win this.

Advertisement