Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Garda Presence - Liffey Valley SC - Lunch-time today

Options
  • 19-08-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

I work beside Liffey Valley SC and around lunchtime today at least 20 (if not more) marked Garda cars, unmarked Garda cars, Garda Traffic Corps cars & bikes all descended on Liffey Valley in a matter of minutes. There was also the Garda chopper overhead! :eek:

Because I only saw this at a distance, I didn't get the full picture so could anyone shed any light on what actually happened? There seemed to be a grey BMW 3-Series Coupé abandoned in the top disabled bay of the car-park. I'm convinced it was an '07 reg. but my mate thinks it was '06. Maybe someone that saw it could give us an idea of which year it was because maybe there were fake plates??? :confused::confused:

Very exciting stuff altogether!! :D

Any further info and even pics (especially that include that car reg. so I can prove my friend wrong) would be much appreciated!!! :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Lazy journalist is lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 11 extaste

Lazy journalist is lazy

smart arse poster is wrong.

just curious about it because it was such a huge amount of Gardai and still there's nothing on RTE or breakingnews... Also both of us think we're going mad after thinking we'd seen different plates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Haha chill man, I was only joking :pac: it's just that
    Any further info and even pics (especially that include that car reg. so I can prove my friend wrong) would be much appreciated!!! cool.gif
    sounds like a journo fishing for facts. Not the first time it's happened here. If I had pics I'd post them, nothing better than photo evidence to settle an argument :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

extaste wrote: »
    Hi All,

I work beside Liffey Valley SC and around lunchtime today at least 20 (if not more) marked Garda cars, unmarked Garda cars, Garda Traffic Corps cars & bikes all descended on Liffey Valley in a matter of minutes. There was also the Garda chopper overhead! :eek:

Because I only saw this at a distance, I didn't get the full picture so could anyone shed any light on what actually happened? There seemed to be a grey BMW 3-Series Coupé abandoned in the top disabled bay of the car-park. I'm convinced it was an '07 reg. but my mate thinks it was '06. Maybe someone that saw it could give us an idea of which year it was because maybe there were fake plates??? :confused::confused:

Very exciting stuff altogether!! :D

Any further info and even pics (especially that include that car reg. so I can prove my friend wrong) would be much appreciated!!! :cool:

:) Boots had a great one of sale on today:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Seriously it could be anything but i shall guess and say one of the anti hold up alarms was activated and with the amount of money that passes through the SC it would be a priority for all the lima units to check it out fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ThatsNotMyName*

We were standing outside and noticed the helicopter up ahead and could hear sirens blaring. Next thing a gold BMW (06 Reg) came roaring up the car park, screetched around the corner like an asshole which made us look and two fellas had hoods over their heads, and went down the one way and just stopped/threw the car in a disabled bay because another maroon car was coming up, next second two well dressed scumbags hopped out and one legged it inside while the other walked at a pace and pushed passed everyone to try mingle in with everyone. The guards were a good 3 minutes behind them like. Undercover guards, motorcade guards and uniformed guards then arrived and all legged it out to try run after them. We then went to the cinema entrance and they were just putting one of the scumbags in the back. I dont think they managed to catch the other fella -well not that we saw and the fact they were standing in a circle in Liffey Valley in deep discussion- but they did have his hoodie in their hands. Dont know if it was as simple as a knicked car by the amount of guards especially undercover guards...

Advertisement