Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is RTE news now on sky hd?

• 19-08-2011 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey all,
    I am wondering if it is possible to get the rte news now channel on a sky HD box. We used to get it on a TV with a built in freeview package. However, we have since moved house and our current tv doesn't have that technology. If someone could tell me the answer, Id be very grateful.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alleykins:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

No, it is not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Alleykins

Ah well. Thanks for your help anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Talking of RTE News Now, is it still in 'test' transmission mode? Maybe I was expecting too much from the service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

LordSutch wrote: »
    Talking of RTE News Now, its it still in test transmission mode? or maybe I was expecting too much from the service?
    It has officially launched on the RTE DTT service but not much extra content has been added. Hopefully it will improve overtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Alleykins wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I am wondering if it is possible to get the rte news now channel on a sky HD box. We used to get it on a TV with a built in freeview package. However, we have since moved house and our current tv doesn't have that technology. If someone could tell me the answer, Id be very grateful.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alleykins:)

Hi Alleykins, the title of this thread isn't what it seems ! Would you consider changing it to Is 'RTE News Now' on sky hd ? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Hi Alleykins, the title of this thread isn't what it seems ! Would you consider changing it to Is 'RTE News Now' on sky hd ? :(

Agreed, very misleading.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If you've broadband, you can get it at www.rte.ie . Either way you're not missing much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

icdg wrote: »
    If you've broadband, you can get it at www.rte.ie . Either way you're not missing much.

No chance of you changing the misleading thread title while you were in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Alleykins

Sorry, will change title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Alleykins wrote: »
    Sorry, will change title.

it needs quotes as suggested earlier to make sense or your correction just reads like is it NOW on sky news!

• Advertisement
Advertisement