Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on a tattoo studio.

Options
  • 19-08-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys, would be very grateful if anyone could help me out, i'm getting my 1st tattoo soon and am thinking about Going with Pawel from skin city tattoo dublin. work online looks absolutely amazing and i am getting a full sleeve so am looking for some reassurance and was wondering does anybody have any experience with him or any knowledge of his work?? like i said its my 1st so want it done right by the right person, thank you in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

One of the most useful things I try and bear in mind when evaluating an artist's capabilities is that his portfolio is probably the best indicator of what he is capable of producing. If you're happy with his portfolio, all is well. If you're dubious about a significant chunk of it then... :pac:

From what I gather Skin City is certainly a reputable studio, I don't think you should have too many worries on that score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dazharold

thank you for your reply, i did check his portfolio and thought it was amazing, just trying to get actual, lets say eye witness accounts, just a bit nervous i guess, big decision getting a sleeve and just want it to be great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I think some nerves are natural for any large piece. I'm starting a full back piece later in the year and likewise have that sense that I want it to be perfect.

You should have a better idea when you see a stencil on and whatnot, I guess.

Yea hopefully I will, always wanted 1 and searched around n loved his portfolio! Friend of mine claims his friend had a very bad job done in der but I jus can't picture it bcos his work looks so good, but it's in my head now n I just needed to do sum research, my consultation is only a week away so thought I better get checking soon! Where are u gettin your back piece done??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Myself and Will both had pieces done by Pawel. He's a great artist. Little on the heavy handed side, but ya just grit your teeth and bear it! Two years on and the piece he did for me still looks top-notch! :)
    Pic is from when it was just done:
    6210_101404655915_578905915_2576354_3162997_n.jpg

• Advertisement

That's an awesome tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭du6linjoe

Hi ya all Im lookin for a tattoo artist hopefully Dublin based that does Bio-mechanical tattoo's there was one in Zulu Tattoo but hes since moved on, any help appreciated.

Myself and Will both had pieces done by Pawel. He's a great artist. Little on the heavy handed side, but ya just grit your teeth and bear it! Two years on and the piece he did for me still looks top-notch! :)
    Pic is from when it was just done:
    6210_101404655915_578905915_2576354_3162997_n.jpg

Excellent tattoo man, yea his work luks amazing, I'm booked in wit him so can't wait! Thanx for the reply mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Awesome tattoo Damo, but you'd wanna get rid of that hair on your nipple there.

Advertisement