If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 19-08-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I was wondering if you can help me with a quote for a few things please?
    Looking for a 42/46/47'' LED Full HD TV...3D is not a necessity. Any suggestions?
    We have contemplated the Samsung 46'' D6530 so if you could price it also please?
    I believe that particular TV cannot be delivered is that right? What are our options re collection as we are in south Cork?
    Some of your TVs have Freesat included but if we are looking for series link and recording I assume we have to go down the Humax Foxsat HDR route and the included Freesat is no advantage?
    We are also looking for a cheap standard 28/32'' tv and wall arm (left swinging)
    Please price this Humax box also HDMI cable, stand for the larger TV and delivery for all in euro please?
    Thanks! Amy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Amy,

Thanks for getting in touch, and we're more than happy to quote. :)

That Samsung TV is a lovely screen alright, been quite popular with ourselves. The whole new Samsung range has been very popular. The current price on this £999.95.

Now for that price there is another TV that jumps to mind. It's the LG 47LX9900, I've seen this TV in action and it's mind blowing!! Been one of my favourite to be honest. It's got a fantastic picture and the sound isn't too bad either. I know you're not too keen on the 3D but this does come with 2 pairs of glasses so if you decided to go 3D you're already sorted. It's also priced at £999.95 at the moment, defently worth checking out. See the link below for more details:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/47lx9900/lg-47lx9900

You're correct with the Freesat. To be able to record and use the series link you'll need to use one of the PVR boxes. We've got 2 available at the moment. The Humax priced at £226.95 and the Samsung SMTS7800 500GB priced at £199.95:

Humax: http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr500/huma-foxsat-hdr-500g

Samsung: http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/samsung/smts7800/sams-smts7800 (can claim £30 cash back from Samsung)

For a small TV check out the new LG 32LK450, this is a nice full HD screen, it also features USB playback. Current price on this TV is £299.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lk450/lg-32lk450

A swivel bracket for this TV would cost you £59.95.

So here's pricing for the items you've requested in your post.

Either TV: £999.95
    Humax: £226.95
    HDMI: £9.95
    Big stand £79.95
    Del £52.99

Total £1369.79 / €1611.51

The price above is excluding the smaller TV and bracket, let me know if you'd like me to add it on.

Hope this helps.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amylh

Hi Chris,
    Thank you very much for promptly replying.
    Do you have other lower budget options of 46'' Full HD, Saorview (assume Freeview is the same as Saorview down here?) Good quality options? Both of those are Full HD I think yes?
    We were drawn to the Samsung TV for its web browser capability but if we have HDMI cable hooked up to the laptop we are prob going to get the same result, just less hassle I guess? We have to decide!
    Does cost variance of the HDMI cables have an influence in the quality of pic/sound? Does length of this cable matter?
    Is there any real difference between the Freesat boxes, other than the price;)
    Last question... how long does delivery take?
    Thanks, Amy

Hi Amy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Now you mention using your laptop instead of the TV I've got another one in mind for you. It's the LG 47LK530T priced at £569.95. This TV is Saorview certiffied so will pick it up for you. Our UK freeview is on a different tuner than the Irish Saorview. We use MPEG2 where you guys use MPEG4.

Here's a link for the LG I mentioned above:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/47lk530t/lg-47lk530

It has no net features at all, but if you're using the laptop that doesn't matter.

Different HDMIs can vary, like a £1.99 cable could have a nice picture but lack a little on sound. Where a £19.95 could have much better sound reproduction. You've also got your new 1.4 HDMIs for 3D, this can also do alot more features over the standard 1.3 HDMI. Such as ARC (Audio Return Chanel) Length can matter, usually anything up to 10m is fine, anything over may cause some issues.

There's a few little differences, nothing too major. You can get a wireless dongle for the Samsung to connect it to your network. Where the Humax you can only use ethernet to connect it to the net.

For delivery it all depends on what TV etc you decide. As some items are in store only it might mean a trip to Belfast.

Hope this has helped.

Chris

Hi Chris/ all at Richer Sounds,
    I was just following up that original query... would you have any advice about a surround sound speakers for a Samsung Tv, nothing too crazy, just four speakers in the corners of the room please?
    Do you have any good value 28/32'' approx. TV and a left hand arm for the wall, Saorview/ equivalent is important though?
    Also the Humax Foxsat HDR box I assume is the quoted price £229.95? It records only the channels that it receives though its own box...i.e. not saorview? I assume there is not an equivalent box that can record saorview and satellite in such a user friendly fashion? We shall be paying in Euro also but all would have to be delivered as we are in Cork,
    thanks in advance :D Amy

Hi amy.

I'll start at the top.

You will need some sort of amplifer and speaker package for the surround system. What sources are you looking to run off the system or would you prefer a complete with with blu-ray etc on board and sacrifice the quality and external connections ?

The best value 32" that we have at the moment is the LG 32LK330U which is €295 .

Would you need a swing arm bracket or flat ?

You could go for the 26" equivalent model which is only £10 cheaper so the 32" is much better value.

The Humax box is a freesat box and will only record from satellite using it's own tuners. There is a box that will record Saorview which is the T2 Box. It's priced at €295 also.

Delivery would be €23 for delivery of the 32" and the Humax box or 15.99 for an individual item.

I hope this helps but if you have any further queries, please get in touch.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

:eek:
    Different HDMIs can vary, like a £1.99 cable could have a nice picture but lack a little on sound. Where a £19.95 could have much better sound reproduction.

Seriously!!!

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for replying, the speakers would just be running the TV, nothing too upmarket.
    It would need a swing bracket also.
    I cant decide between the Foxsat HDR and the T2, Chris mentioned that there is 'an issue with series linking' with the T2? (posted new thread as was not sure how active this one was-thanks for both replying) Amy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.