Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

1585960616264»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone heading along to any games soon? I'll be at Spec ops this Saturday, can't wait! Finally get a chance to give my new G&P M16VN a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone heading along to any games soon? I'll be at Spec ops this Saturday, can't wait! Finally get a chance to give my new G&P M16VN a go.

Redhills on Sunday for me and a few others , hopefully once more restrictions are lifted the plan is to visit to cork and Sligo sometime between now and the end of summer

Master of the Universe

Good stuff! Yeah I think myself and a few mates are going to make a bit of an effort to tour around a few sites every couple of week, give them all a bit of support. Have the Nam milsim event then on the 23rd later in the month too.

I've never actually been to Redhills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Gatling wrote: »
    No restrictions on optics or red dots at all , there is limitations on night vision optics

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭jsmrf

This new format is just horrible.... are they trying to be more flashy for the kids or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'm currently in this hyperactive phase where I've been reading and watching far more things than I'll ever care about. It'll pass in a few months and the laser will focus on something else.

It comes an goes like waves. I joined the DCU airsoft society back when it was new. Then never had the money to do anything. In the interim decade or two, proceeded to accumulate a small collection of pistols and one rifle that I could target plink with a few friends without being too bothered and that was that. Never much more than idle curiosity and amusement and something we did together on weekends.

A friend of mine has an epic Mateba.

Years of idleness did more damage to them than idiocy. After taking them from their boxen where they've rested for the last few year's, they were found to be in a less than optimal condition .

The M9 has lost a spring in the nozzle- somehow- and no longer cycled. The nozzle jammed and locked it up with the slide back.

One of my 1911's had been infested with Zinc pest on the switchgear. The safety and takedown lever turned to powder.

The other - the newest - leaked. It's an Army Armament R32 -type

And the Dan Wesson just didn't work right. Low on power, and hissing from the seals.

-----

Cleared the **** out of the Dan Wesson. Electrical contact cleaner with the valve-knocker held open did wonders. It's fine for rubber and strips any grease or **** out. Also finds any cuts on your fingers. Gave it a dribble of the silicone oils and away it runs. Added some tension to the trigger spring - it doesn't affect power, but feels better to pull.

It used to the MIA's display-case model. It has a hell of a blast off it.

Put a pen-spring in the M9. Cleaned it up. tightened a loose screw. Away it goes. Cycles and shoots. Mostly straight.

Turned the corroding 1911 into a wasteland gun - because why not. It's CO2 powered and may yet explode. It's held together by bolt and locknut. It cost 70 quid - I doubt it was ever truly 'metal'. There's probably sand in the mix as filler.

The other 1911 was cleaned up, gassed and left sit. It more or less sorted itself out. Looks pretty. Fires with a snap and a tight trigger.

They got mounted to the wall. They look well there.

---

In the meantime - wracked with obsessive curiousity and armed with some foulmouthed British youtube videos I cracked open the guts of a Devgru DG74 I bought from MIA before The Inconveniences arrived. It was cheap for a reason - but arguably fairly priced. Like complaining about Ryanair. In the interim, parts of the cylinder head had melted to rubber goo and mushed into the piston crown....and clogged all 4 little air-seal holes.

A random hard rubber washer of approximately the same thickness replaced it. Put a new piston-ring on. Somehow I got the thing back together and got the gearbox running freely despite dropping all the shims and having to redo it from scratch. Shaved a tooth on the piston slightly so it cleared the sector gear and away she goes.

Cleaned the contacts and plunger, and reassembled the entire trigger and selector plate.

It screams in pain and slams like a hammer when the piston goes forward. It's only a matter of time before the gearbox cracks. But it runs. It runs better than it did before I cracked it open anyway - it doesn't lock up on semi anymore. Despite being somehow bent like a Bundeswehr rifle left in the sun for an hour it still shoots more or less consistently.

I'd planned to give it away - that would be cruel to the cousin that got it. I'd be curious to see how low it chronos - even if it does cheese cans.

---

Bought a Type 89 GBBR from Airsofteire with a work bonus that came at the worst possible time. Nearly bought the AKM they had - but the 89 seemed like something unique. I wonder if anyone else bought one. It arrived fast enough that I had no time for second thoughts and cancellations

It a replica designed to give the impression of the real thing - to someone who'se never handled one and is unlikely to ever handle one. It feels like what a Japanese gun-nerd would imagine a real rifle would feel like. Even the box presents it more like a service weapon, with a little faux box of ammo with your tools in it. More a model, than anything else. It sounds right. It feels right. Beautiful in its own way. It feels like it's worth what was paid for it. Everyone who'se held it has fallen in love.

Novritsch BB's feed into magazine easier than any other I've tried. Just a little thing I've noticed.

It feels special. I hope I don't wreck it. I always wreck the things I enjoy. It's my curse.

---

There's one slot on the wall left to fill. Haven't figured that bit out yet. Maybe early October if the obsession still lingers and the laser still shines. It'll be a race between whatever's in stock when the whim takes out.

Novritsch SSP5 (6-inch) with some accessories like a tracer unit, or Marui M870 with wood finish and a few shells, or whatever happens to be there on payday. (Saiga?)

Something amusing for backyard shooting with a few friends. Make the beercans quake in terror. Have a few laughs. It doesn't have to be gameable - just be a curiosity that makes things interesting

The photo looks like who I was fifteen years ago, but can only afford to be now.

Maybe I'll wander off somewhere else. This was all just thoughts I needed to vent to people. A bit of a scream into the void if you don't mind. I'll be on my way soon. There're other doors to darken.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭00wyk

Hey lads. I am hoping one of you can help me. I am looking for an XM177-type of rifle that has 'Colt' scroll marks on the 'receiver'.

Or, really, any sort of a scroll mark so it looks closer to an original one would.

Or something that looks relatively authentic like the old P&G XM's had. Any ideas?

Cheers

Or not.

It does appear that air soft has gone to sleep...

Master of the Universe

Yeah it's a shame, years back this forum was really thriving, it's been dead years now :(

Have you looked into G&P's line of AEGs at all? I've a CAR-15 and an M16 myself and they both have full trademarks.

Absolutely gorgeous to boot too.

Would you suggest a site I can take a look at? I was actually just about to settle for a Lancer 933 coz it's so cheap.

When I was stateside, a deputy I knew used to have a Colt 933. That thing was tiny and neat. So was sort of looking for something of the like.

As I have handled it often, I know how it should feel and look.

Has anyone been up to the place in Roundwood? A friend of mine keeps saying I should go. I am over in Bray myself.

I did get a p90 from Hobby air not long ago as I am a closet Stargate fan.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Stay as far away from Lancer guns if you can, they're terrible!

If you want a low end gun price wise but great quality, check out Cyma products. Their XM177 is quite nice given the price.

Taiwangun is a great website and you can even pick the power you want so you can get it in under the joule. Ships to Ireland quite quickly too.

Spec Ops in Roundwood is incredible, best site I've played on in the country. You'll have an absolute blast. Super handy if you're in Bray!

How do you feel about this?

And here's a pic of my p90 done in DCU(coz, like, all the desert there is in Ireland and stuff...)

Post edited by 00wyk on

Master of the Universe

The Cyma I linked would be better quality, Double Bell wouldn't have the greatest reputation but they'd be quite far ahead of lancer tactical.

If you've the extra cashish then go for the Cyma but if you're on a bit of a budget then try the Double Bell and see how you get on.

Lovely looking p90 by the way! Have you used it in a game yet?

Thanks. It's a Cybergun/Cyma Haven't used it yet. I got it for a Stargate uniform for Halloween for the wife ;)

Then she complained it was too heavy. So, like, I suppose I got to use it in an air soft game now...

It's a bit unfortunate, because my first choice for myself would have been a 6933 or a Krinkov. Either go full Nam or Isis.

Master of the Universe

I've a group of mates and we do the 'Nam kit sometimes. The equipment might not be as practical but it's a hell of a lot more fun!

Did a great 'Nam milsim event here back a few years, was great craic. Think there was the guts of 100 at it.

Only tricky part was putting your M16 down somewhere and going back to it, only to find a pile of m16s and not knowing which one was yours :D

Use it as an excuse to drag your wife out! A Stargate uniform would look kick ass. I've dragged my missus out a few times and she had an absolute blast. Ran a UMP for the day.

Well, a bud here wants to go and bring his kid. So we'll see if we can get organised about it.

I may set myself up with a Stargate uniform now. I have the patches. Just need the attire.

Do they allow full auto at Spec Ops? If so, I would get a tracer attachment and go to town just for the effect since it's gonna be dark here now 24-7.

I was poking around the taiwanguns site. It doesn't look like they add tax to your order?

Has anyone else ordered from them recently?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

I order from them and have no problems

Just on a note the elections in Poland may result in them leaving the EU soon so i would buy now ... just in case

Oh dear.

Thanks, though.

Master of the Universe

It depends on the game that's being played and your proximity to buildings but there are situations where it's allowed alright.

TBH I really do not enjoy semi only sites, full auto (Even just full auto bursts) are part of the fun for me.

Full auto streams during the night game with a tracer are great fun alright. It can be really amazing just sitting in the woods watching streams of tracer bbs flying through the darkness around you. :)

• Advertisement

So, how do you guys feel about outdoorzone? They have a few things I might need.

Master of the Universe

I bought a gas shotgun from them a couple of years ago and the service was great.

Website isn't the best but they seem to have a lot of stock in.

Generally I use Airsoft Eire for any non gun bits - so gas, bbs and all that kinda stuff.

Ah cool. I was about to buy from taiwanguns again. Do we need to pay VAT on these? I doubt they are VAT registered in Ireland.

So this puppy arrived in time for Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NjKvexTowHE

Master of the Universe

Despite their name, Taiwangun are actually based in Poland so there's nothing to pay once they land in Ireland.

They really should have picked a different name as I thought they were outside the EU for years too 😁

Here's the pic I forgot to add - I went the AK route, this is Well Pros version of the NNK20/PPK20. It has a MOSFET so I have the standard trigger setting set to Binary and the auto setting set for full auto. It's also a short stroked DSG, so the rate of fire is insane even in binary mode. Very torquey motor in this stock. I got it on the Taiwanguns Black Friday sale:

Advertisement