Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating home network

Options
  • 19-08-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

right basically i now have enough devices in my house to be bothered creating a home network... i have done this previously in my college house so we could all play games via the LAN..there it was grand no problems.. my big problem is i'm with imagine Wimax and thus don't have access to the HuB only the router that bridges the connection i cannot see any of the other devices on the network even tho there are like 5 connected at any one time and i can't even SSH into my iPhone something i could previously do before i upgraded. I'm going to have to ring them to ask them to make sure everything is ok and all the ports i need open are but it's been a while since i've dabbled with something like this and don't fully remember what i need...

So.. What settings / ports should be enabled to create a home network?

Advertisement