Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 1440T

Options
  • 19-08-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any experience of this model ?

I'm in the market for a new sat nav & just noticed that Halfords have reduced this one from €369.99 to €169.99 ! - I wonder if its either not a genuine previous price or there's an issue with the unit ?

Any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd say if €369 is a genuine price it was a good while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

They had the 1410 at Christmas for a good price too. It's just a bulk sell of of gear going or just gone off production.

The 14xx range has attracted a lot of critics. I'm using the 1490t myself and whilst I was initially delighted with it [demo item €250] it's slim design soon proved problematic in medium cloud cover ~ it's not a patch on my older flip out antenna and external antenna capable 610t [This unit's claim to fame is a faulty flip out antenna].

But then we have the price ~ its' great at that price, IMO and you'll have 12 months warranty ~ I'd have no hesitation in buying one again at the price.

Advertisement