Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a question! Ding ding ding.

Options
  • 19-08-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Let's say, for argument's sake, that I have downloaded a copy of Dragon Age to see how it performs on my laptop and we'll also say that I'm 8 hours in...

Now, if the above scenario were true and I wanted to buy the game on Steam, how would I go about continuing on from that last save file rather than starting again? Would I copy the save files from whatever directory they're in into the Dragon Age Steam folder.

We'll also say that this particular copy is the ultimate addition with all the DLC stuff and contents, which is also the same one as on Steam.

This question is only dealing with the technical aspects of transferring save files, not the right and wrongs of hypothetical illegal downloads :D Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thread locked. No talk of piracy, hyopthetical or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement