Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skin Care Routine!

• 19-08-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just curious of everybody's skin care routine. Mine is pretty simple and am not really sure if its sufficient, so would be great to hear what everyone else does and some tips!

Thanks!

Here's a quick overview of what I do:

Morning: Every second morning I use Clean and Clear Morning Energy Exfoliating Scrub. On the other mornings I use Clinique mild Facial Scrub. Then I just apply a small bit of Astral moisturiser. Thats about all I do in the morning.

Night: I use Boots essentials cleanser and toner to remove my make up and then I apply Astral cream!

Very simple, but is it enough?? Should I be using an eye cream? Should I be using a seperate night and day cream? Is it ok to use cleanser/toner to remove my make up or should I use a seperate make up remover? I'm quite clueless on these things! To be honest I have quite good skin, but as I'm getting older (28 in a few weeks!!), it can tend to be dry around the nose but thats about it, I rarely get break outs. I have noticed my eyes having really dark circles recently and I have a few lines on my forehead! I really want to do everything I can to perserve good skin!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

A scrub is an exfoliator, not a cleanser. It removes dead surface skin cells. You should be using an actual cleanser. Depending on your skin you may only need to use an exfoliator scrub once or twice a week. I guess it sounds like your skin is pretty normal, maye normal to dry. If you're getting worried about lines i would either introduce a serum to your regime or switch to an anti ageing cream.

I'm around the 30 mark and my regime is as follows, i have normal to dry skin and worrisome lines around eyes and forehead and horrific dark circles

Cleanse - dior cleansing water/ shu uemera cleansing oil (for heavy make up), eye make up remover if wp mascara
    Tone- botanicals rosewater toner (fabby!!!!)
    Serum - Dior one essential, this is my hg product.Rates at 4.7 out of 5 on makeupalley!!! It makes a massive difference to my skin. I've been looking for cheaper versions of this everywhere but nothing else compares to it. If you're interested ask for a sample because what works for me may not work for you.
    Moisturize- i'm forever changing moisturizers, at the min its between dior hydra sorbet and lrp hydraphase, dior is a lot better and a lot more expensive so i'm alternating
    Eye cream - dior hydra eye cream, again its fab and great reviews, gets a 4.2 out of 5 on makeupalley. I use a more expensive one thats unbelievable for occassions or when i'm a bit more low down, its around the 180 mark so i'm not saying it here!!! its amazing but a bit out of budget, pm me if you want that name.

Also i use a rehydration mask twice a week, i was using diors one which was perfect and reasonable, about 35. but i picked up liz earles recently which is nowhere near as good, and i had an awful shopping experience at wilde and green. So will go back to dior on that. For some reason dior really suits my skin but i am sensitive so maye its just not as harsh as other brands

I exfoliate twice a week, using no 7 at the min which i think is too harsh so i'm going to try ysl grainless one next or maybe clinique....

I use diors night serum and cream twice a week and the other nights i use the one essential

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

I have very spot prone skin so I am very meticulous when it comes to my face and skin care regime! In the morning I wash with warm water and silcoks base which can be used as both a moisturiser and a soap substitute. I love this as there are no chemicals in it what so ever.

Then before bed i use Vichi Normaderm cleanser and toner...this particular one Is for acne prone skin. Then i apply my prescribed cream duac..this dries up the skin so nO bacteria can form whicH is why in the mornings i need alot of moisture!

This routine works for me as my skin is bright fresh and clear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Silcocks base/aqueous cream is fantastic for cleansing if you have sensitive skin. I was using it as a soap substitute until recently but still use it for make up removal.

My morning and night routine is all Dermalogica products: Precleanse followed by Special Cleansing Gel, then Daily Microfoliant, then spray on Ultra Calming Mist, THEN my moisturisers - Active Moist for my for my forehead and Skin Smoothing Cream for the rest.

It sounds like a lot but it all takes less than 10 mins, I swear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Morning:

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
    Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
    Dermalogica Soothing Protection Spray
    Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream
    Clairns SPF

Night:
    Dermalogica Pre Cleanse
    Dermalogica Soothing Eye Make Up Remover
    Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
    Decleor Aroma Night Creme
    Guinot Eye Recovery

Once per week:
    Dior Hydraction scrub
    Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Masque (forehead) and Dermalogica Colliodal Masque (everywhere else including lips and eyes)

Once a month.
    AHA exfoliation (omit scrub this week)
    Deep cleansing facial

Advertisement