Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Social Welfare Office

Options
  • 19-08-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I live in Malahide, and will soon become unemployed in September. I want to sign on straight away, in order to build up my credits if nothing else.

When I was researching my local social welfare office, I found that Coolock deals with Malahide. This would be a 20-30 minute drive away for me.

My aim is to ring up the office on Monday after 10am, to try and get an answer, but am just wondering if anyone can answer my query in the mean time?

Sorry Mods if this has already been discussed, I searched the threads and did not find the answer to my question.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What is the question? Are you asking if you can sign-on now? If so, I would direct you to the State Benefits Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Beasty wrote: »
    What is the question? Are you asking if you can sign-on now? If so, I would direct you to the State Benefits Forum

Sorry, what I meant to ask was: is it true that coolock is malahides local social welfare office, even though there are other offices closer to malahide (portmarnocks local office is apparently kilbarack)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Yes it is true. From the Dept of Social Welfare's website - details of the areas covered by the Coolock Office:
    Area Covered: All of Dublin 17, Coolock area of D 5, Artane area of D 5, Donnycarney area of D 5 (to the east of the Malahide Rd), Santry area of D 9 east of Swords Road, and Malahide.

If travelling from Malahide I'd recommend you go by bus rather than by car as there is no parking area up there. 42 up the Malahide Rd and then transfer to the 27 - which circles very close to the Civic Centre (Social Welfare Office).

If I recall correctly there was never a full social welfare office in Malahide. There was a small office over The Paperweight on Main Street but they never dealt with new claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SIBERIA

Sinemo wrote: »
    Sorry, what I meant to ask was: is it true that coolock is malahides local social welfare office, even though there are other offices closer to malahide (portmarnocks local office is apparently kilbarack)?

Yes coolock is they office you go to if your living in malahide. Its probably easier to get to than some of the others to be honest.
    Sinemo wrote: »
    This would be a 20-30 minute drive away for me.

10 minutes if you're driving. A little longer on the bus, its actually quicker to walk up rather than wait around for the 27 bus. Its just under a 10 minute walk. The civic centre (the name of the building your looking for) is literally a stones throw away from north side shopping centre.
    Eoineo wrote: »
    If travelling from Malahide I'd recommend you go by bus rather than by car as there is no parking area up there.

Not true, you can park in Aldi's car park.

Advertisement