Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-Campus Accommodation for First Years

Options
  • 19-08-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

(I know there’s already a few threads about accommodation this time of year but hoping to just start a general one about on-campus accommodation for first years etc.)

So I won’t know until Monday but I’m almost 100% certain that be doing either arts or law in UCD next year. Fairly high up on priority list so should be set for on-campus accommodation but not sure which one to pick!

I’m hearing that the newer residences such as glenomena or roebuck tend to attract more first years now that these aren’t just for later years or post-grads any more, is this true? Or would I be better off picking somewhere like merville with more first and second years?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

Im in the same situation now - gonna be doing engineering in spetember :)

From what I've heard there's a fair mix of everybody in all the residences with the new system. Im thinking of going to roebuck / glenomena purely because I want an ensuite!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LC2011

Same here was hoping glenomena or roebuck for comfort but thought these could be quieter and more for older years and post grads to study. Was thinking there might be more first years in somewhere like merville, not exactly sure which houses are renovated though!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

apparently last year glenomena was full of first years! I think with the new system its just totally coincidence - everyone is free to go where they want - and first years want comfort as much as postgrads id say! Im gonna try and share with a mix of years - maybe more older years - that way I can party on in everyone elses appartements - and come back to my nice quiet and clean one :P

Advertisement