Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration help

Options
  • 19-08-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone offer me any help here with registration for BA stage 2 first year? I'm doing a joint major Maths/Economics and I'm told for economics I have to take three level 2 core modules, two level 3 core modules, two level 2 option modules and one level 3 option module. Now that's fine. I did that but it's taken my up to 60 credits and now I have none left to for maths.

This has me stumped I though I had 120 credits to play with this semester but they're telling me I have to stop at 60. Unless it's 60 credits this year and 60 next year?

Any help anyone can give me will be much appreciated at this stage. I've read over the pdf's ucd sent out but I haven't seen anything much use to me. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Forget about all the level 3 modules (whether core or optional) -- these are for year 2 of stage 2, not this year. So you will have your three level 2 core modules and two level 2 option modules = 25 credits. Do the same for choosing your subjects in maths- just the stage 2 ones, which should make up another 25 credits. The final 10 credits can be used on getting more modules from the subjects you're doing, or if you want to do electives, you must wait til Monday 29th August to register them - g'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Siuin wrote: »
    Forget about all the level 3 modules (whether core or optional) -- these are for year 2 of stage 2, not this year. So you will have your three level 2 core modules and two level 2 option modules = 25 credits. Do the same for choosing your subjects in maths- just the stage 2 ones, which should make up another 25 credits. The final 10 credits can be used on getting more modules from the subjects you're doing, or if you want to do electives, you must wait til Monday 29th August to register them - g'luck!
    So will I get the opportunity to register for these next year?

Yep! Don't worry about it- it's telling all of us that our 'registration isn't complete' and all this stuff, but we only register 60 credits this year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Siuin wrote: »
    Yep! Don't worry about it- it's telling all of us that our 'registration isn't complete' and all this stuff, but we only register 60 credits this year
    Thanks, you're an absolute life saver. :)

More than welcome- lots of people got caught out on this today (me included!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement