Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q shrubs

Options
  • 19-08-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

hi, have people any views on buying shrubs/trees in B&Q super stores compared to garden centres.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Depends on whether you mean price wise or quality wise. I've always found B&Q quite expensive for shrubs compared to Woodies but not compared to Garden centres, quality wise there's little to choose between any of them IMO.
    Garden centres will usually have a wider range of plants and can usually source rare varieties but few of them actually grow their own now and would probably source from the same suppliers as the DIY chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I haven't noticed any difference in the quality in the bedding plants.
    The only "problem" is that when you buy those types of flowers in B&Q, they usually come in packs of 12 or 24 and they're all the same colour. If you have a small garden, it means the whole flower bed can look very samey when you've planted them! :D
    At least in the smaller garden centres, you can typically buy them in packs of 6 and they're sometimes different colours. The trade-off is that they're usually a bit more expensive as a result.

EDIT: I bought some roses in B&Q last year and they're still growing like weeds!

Advertisement