Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price per sq. foot - Dundalk area

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all, Anyone know the price per sq foot in and around the dundalk or co louth area at the moment,

Thankyou in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ewanalex

I wish a simple answer was available for your question but I'm afraid a straightforward ans doesn't exist.
    If you are looking for a decent standard finish and min B1 rated house, and are willing to invest your time in researching quotes etc you could possibly get €70 per sf but it really depends on what your looking at in terms of spec. You will get an array of responses varying greatly across the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 siteset

ewanalex wrote: »
    I wish a simple answer was available for your question but I'm afraid a straightforward ans doesn't exist.
    If you are looking for a decent standard finish and min B1 rated house, and are willing to invest your time in researching quotes etc you could possibly get €70 per sf but it really depends on what your looking at in terms of spec. You will get an array of responses varying greatly across the country...

Hi thankyou for your reply, 70per sq foot sounds about right maybe even 69per sq i was thinking. with no kitchen and no tilling , painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,042 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Above posts moved from the Self Build cost 2011 thread where they were off topic.

muffler wrote: »
    Above posts moved from the Self Build cost 2011 thread where they were off topic.

Thankyou muffler sorry about that m8.:)

siteset wrote: »
    Hi all, Anyone know the price per sq foot in and around the dundalk or co louth area at the moment,

Thankyou in advance.

Anyone else help me out please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 darkstream

Approx €86 per sq ft for a 2600 sq ft dormer. Builders finish with landscaping front and rear with kerbing, entrance pillars and d-rail fence around site.

darkstream wrote: »
    Approx €86 per sq ft for a 2600 sq ft dormer. Builders finish with landscaping front and rear with kerbing, entrance pillars and d-rail fence around site.

Thanks for your reply, how about a 2000 sq ft dormer no landscaping, kerbing ,pillars or fence? what is the builders finish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 zacchaeus

siteset wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, how about a 2000 sq ft dormer no landscaping, kerbing ,pillars or fence? what is the builders finish ?

That's an even bigger question. Every small builder in the country will have a different opinion on this but ultimately it is defined by where there quoted builder budget for the jobs stops. You could get hardwood doors or you could get €50 softwood doors picked up from your local hardware store, or you could get no door at all and this is your builders finish.
    Would be very skeptical if a builder is quoting square foot rates to build houses. Your going to need a more detail specification opposed to planning drawings (if I correct in assuming that this is the basis of your pricing documents).
    Will the builders finish include for the landscaping, is it a half acre or a 5m x 10m patch, do you have 100m of kerbing or 50m of kerbing. Even these two items alone could have a €2 to €3 bearing on you square foot price and this is just two items

zacchaeus wrote: »
    [/B]

That's an even bigger question. Every small builder in the country will have a different opinion on this but ultimately it is defined by where there quoted builder budget for the jobs stops. You could get hardwood doors or you could get €50 softwood doors picked up from your local hardware store, or you could get no door at all and this is your builders finish.
    Would be very skeptical if a builder is quoting square foot rates to build houses. Your going to need a more detail specification opposed to planning drawings (if I correct in assuming that this is the basis of your pricing documents).
    Will the builders finish include for the landscaping, is it a half acre or a 5m x 10m patch, do you have 100m of kerbing or 50m of kerbing. Even these two items alone could have a €2 to €3 bearing on you square foot price and this is just two items

yeah my thoughts are the same, would it be fair to say no kerbing or landscaping ,no kitchen or floor coverings or tiles in bathrooms for 70 euro a SQF ???

Advertisement