Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cows ear

• 19-08-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,while out on a walk yesterday evening i came upon what i think is a cows ear with tag still in it,are ears used for something and maybe it fell of a trailor? regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Well if you have the tag you can find out who owned the cow!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Cereal killer?

Time for C.S.I.-IE ?

(cow scheme investigation)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

minterno wrote: »
    hi guys,while out on a walk yesterday evening i came upon what i think is a cows ear with tag still in it,are ears used for something and maybe it fell of a trailor? regards

Excellent aphrodisiac.;) Simmer over a low heat for two hours. Add salt, pepper, few magic mushrooms, flower from Japanese knotwood plant, and bring to the boil.
    Get it down your throat, and not alone will you have a cows ear, but also a horn like Mas du Clo.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

all the ears are exported to china and india ,waterford hide and skin is next door to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Excellent aphrodisiac.;) Simmer over a low heat for two hours. Add salt, pepper, few magic mushrooms, flower from Japanese knotwood plant, and bring to the boil.
    Get it down your throat, and not alone will you have a cows ear, but also a horn like Mas du Clo.:cool:

Do you remove the tag or is two hours simmering enough to dissolve it?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Leave yer Mas outta dis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I just inhaled my cornflakes from laughing!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Actally I find the stems from Japanese knotweed are much better than the flowers;). I'd recommend carefully removing the tag with a piece of fence wire, (sorry can't go into more detail as I fear OP may be a dept troll) then singe the hair off the ear using a little fire fueled by meths in an up turned dolmio sauce jar lid. Then simmer as outlined above. Before you know it you'll be a famous tv chef.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

pakalasa wrote: »
    Well if you have the tag you can find out who owned the cow!
    the only sensible reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

whelan1 wrote: »
    the only sensible reply

Poor oul Legwax.........Foiled again

• Advertisement

Bizzum wrote: »
    Poor oul Legwax.........Foiled again
    less of the oul:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

OK I'm off out to buy a bag of pigs ears and a set of jumbo tags followed by a random drive through the countryside :D

Muckit wrote: »
    OK I'm off out to buy a bag of pigs ears and a set of jumbo tags followed by a random drive through the countryside :D

Start at leg wax's place:p

Muckit wrote: »
    here you are i can sell ears by the kilo for good soup very good soup,and tails for flavour.

leg wax wrote: »
    here you are i can sell ears by the kilo for good soup very good soup,and tails for flavour.

Ah ffs I'm gonna throw up the sausages I had for the supper now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

blue5000 wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Good loser

leg wax wrote: »
    all the ears are exported to china and india ,waterford hide and skin is next door to me.

I believe the Indians-after slicing-can make them into French Fried Onions.

Also that the Chinese, after plugging them at the base, use them as pencil holders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

blue5000 wrote: »

http://midnightsnack.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/pig-ear.png?w=500

Just to help you sleep soundly :D

Thanx Karen, I was already in bed at 11.30. Had a busy wk, clear herd test, 2nd cut silage and lots of dosing done after the test, not to mention a bit of diy on sat
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Advertisement