Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was there a bad accident in Balbriggan this evening

Options
  • 19-08-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I was trying to drive to the far side of the town this evening and there was diversions /road block from garda station

I could see fire brigade and ambulance further up towards Cardy Rock, Hope whoever is involved is ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

According to friends on Facebook in Balbriggan there was a crash in the area.

Hope everyone is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I drove past it as the fire engine was parking up beside it at about 4.30pm.
    It was a collision between a white van (bumper falling off) and a car (the whole passenger side was smashed in).
    There was a couple of teenage schoolgirls in the back and a male driver. He was still in the driver's set when I passed, getting medical attention.
    It's a horrible thing to see up close and it reminds you to take it easy as a driver.
    I hope they're all okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Yep there was a bad smash at the junction of Hamlet Lane/Drogheda Road/Cardy Rock this evening. Traffic diversions were in place for a good while.

It is extremely hazardous there at the best of times. The Council is being lobbied to put traffic calming/lights on the junction and the accident has already been reported to them. Mind you if anybody else would like to contact the Roads Department about they should go straight away. There's strength in numbers.

Sad to say I believe that unless there are serious traffic calming measures put in place here it is only a matter of time before there is a fatality at this junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is it really that bad a junction? I cycle there everyday coming down Hamlet Lane and turning right onto Drogheda Road heading into the town centre and then the reverse in the evening. It would never have struck me as a dangerous junction.

Advertisement