Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coming back to PlayStation 3

• 19-08-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭

Ok, I went to the Dark Side for a year (cough 360) aaaaand I've seen the error of my ways. I've been out of the loop completely with the PS3, what good games should I get when i get my PS3? How much are they now? Any good PSN games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Welcome Back :P Check out these Essential PS3 Games

Also you can get Uncharted 1 & 2 for a good price as number 3 will be out in a few months, also the same for Resistance 1 & 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

hey op like you I recently bought a ps3 after having owned xbox for years, I must say I prefer the ps3 by far. games ive played so far are, assassins creed brotherhood,uncharted 2, heavy rain and modern warefare 2 they were all excellent games and only round 20 quid preowned, at the moment im waiting for dead island ive it preordered for wen its out on the 9th it looks class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

I have a PS3 and an xbox and the xbox is by far the more convenient console to use.

Love the controller on xbox, hate it on PS3. I still don't know how people manage to play Call of Duty on a PS3 controller. How do ya do it???

I always had problems downloading demos and stuff with the PS3. Always an installation error at 14%. Tried getting the Uncharted 3 beta at 1.7GB and an error installing occurred. What a waste of bandwidth with mobile broadband.
    No problems with xbox downloads and can stop a download halfway and continue it some other time.

The file size on xbox games for download are way smaller than the PS3. I tried out the Driver San Fransisco demo and it's about 850MB on xbox. And it's 1.6GB on PS3. Ridiculous.

I do love the way I can play blu-rays and avi files on my PS3, though. I like the presentation of the menus for the music and videos.

I guess it's good to have the best of both worlds.

So......... there ya have it. Intense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In terms of PSN exclusives, I'd highly recommend both Joe Danger and Trine, both very different but both very awesome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I have a PS3 and an xbox and the xbox is by far the more convenient console to use.

Love the controller on xbox, hate it on PS3. I still don't know how people manage to play Call of Duty on a PS3 controller. How do ya do it???

I'm in the same boat. Have Black Ops and Bad Company 2 for both consoles even. I tried playing both games on the 2 consoles several times and much prefer them on the Xbox as well.

This is coming from someone who owned the PS1 and PS2, and never owned the original Xbox. Out of curiousity I guess, decided to buy the Xbox 360 when it first came out and I just prefer it over the PS3 at this stage tbh.

Advertisement