Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a RAS-approved landlord

Options
  • 19-08-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Im currently renting a 2 bed house in Knocklyon but landlord has refused RAS scheme as she is thinking of selling up.I have been accepted for the scheme. My current landlord will give me a great reference. Im in a position where I now have to find a new home for me and my little girl with a landlord who will agree to or is alreay registered with the RAS scheme. Are there any lists of such landlords or where do I go from here. I have a daughter starting school in Knocklyon this September and would like to stay in the general area as I dont drive and I am planning on going back to work or further training when she begins school and I have family support in the area. I have excellent references and would look after a property as if it was my own. I have re decorated the property I am currently in with agreement from the landlord and done the garden to a good standard and would take pride in my home and and keep the place immaculate and in good repair. Are there any lists of registerd landlords or where do I go from here.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You need to contact the local council (Dunlaoghaire Rathdown for Knocklyon?)
    They will have a database of all RAS properties on their database.
    If they have one thats available they will assess you for it (note- it will cover the entire council area- not necessarily just Knocklyon).

Note- regardless of whether you meet the 18month RS and social housing rules- you may potentially be forced through unavailability on the RAS scheme, to rent on the open market. It may suit some landlords to sign a tenant up for 5 years, but others might baulk at the term. Also- there is a budget issue with councils- irrespective of the fact that the longterm cost to the council may be less than the gross cost of housing you on other schemes- they may not be prepared to look at the longterm picture given their current budgetary constraints.

Ring the council one way or the other- that is the first step.

Advertisement