Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch and a 3rd party dialer

Options
  • 19-08-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I know there are numerous posts and threads on Eircom PW and their policy to only monitor across Eircom lines and/or their GSM dialers, but, can you connect a 3rd party dialer (GSM or otherwise) to an exsiting PhoneWatch panel? My current panel is in place since 2004 and it made by ITI.

My goal is to scrap the landline, use a GSM or VoIP compatible dialer that will call preset numbers. Ok, there will be many of you that will say that this is less secure but it won't take me long to save the money it cost me after being robbed recently when the PW system was not switched on due to a fault on their hardware.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes you can do all the above. Some of the 2004 versions of the concord dont have a domestic dialer built in.

The one I would use it this GSM, it can be triggered off the external bell output off the alarm to ring or text up to 4 telephone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mahey

I'll check this out but it looks the part alright...

Mahey wrote: »
    I'll check this out but it looks the part alright...

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set up the output for the external bell but it is very straight forward to fit and setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mahey

Hi Altor, would the bell output not be enable by default and would it not just then be a matter of connecting this to the input of the dialer - granted I may need a relay depending on compatibility of the dialer and the output?

Mahey wrote: »
    Hi Altor, would the bell output not be enable by default and would it not just then be a matter of connecting this to the input of the dialer - granted I may need a relay depending on compatibility of the dialer and the output?

Hi Mahey,

No, it has to be set up in the engineer menu. You wont need a relay if you use the GSM I linked you too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Have an eight year old phonewatch system. Haven't paid the monitoring for last few years. Does anyone know what is involved in getting this system to dial up one's mobile ?

shawnee wrote: »
    Have an eight year old phonewatch system. Haven't paid the monitoring for last few years. Does anyone know what is involved in getting this system to dial up one's mobile ?

What system is it ?

Advertisement