Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED FIGHT DISTRICT October 22nd/23rd - LETS GO!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Hi guys,

To make this trip afordable and as organised as it can be I am going to set a date for us to book our flights, for people that need help with booking they can arrange to meet up in the XGC, for everybody else they can book at home, The important thing is that we all book the same flight.

I am going to set september 14th as the date for us to book, thats about 3 and a half weeks from now and a little over a month before the tournament, that gives people more than enough time to scrape the money together for the flight.

How much is it?

The flight on aerlingus flying from dublin is 120 euros.
    The flight on easyjet flying from belfast is 75 euros or 60 uk pounds.

Whatever flight is best for you, you decide, as usual most of the northen guys will be flying from belfast and the rest of us from dublin.

Both flights are leaving friday afternoon around the same time the dublin flight is at 11.30am and the belfast flight at 2pm, so only a two and half hour time difference between the two, the return journeys are at the same time, 5pm monday, so we can all travel together on the way home.

Here are the exact flight details for both flights, remember times are local times, we lose an hour going there and we gain an hour on the way back, so please rememeber to forward your watches and phones 1 hour when we arrive.

Aerlingus

Depart Friday 21st october 11.30am - arrive 2pm local time.
    Return Monday 24th october 17.00 pm.

Easyjet

Depart Friday 21st october 2pm - arrive 4.30pm local time.
    Return Monday 24th october 16.55pm

I think that covers pretty much all the flight details, if i think of anything else ill post it up.

In regards to the hotels, as usual its going to be 2/3 people per room. Triple doubles whatever the cheapest option is. Ill get on to the organisers and see what they can hook us up with, ill also speak to the UK crew and see what plans they have.

Also one last thing, i know a lot of people are on the fence about going to an overseas tournament and it is a lot of money and time, but these events are key to bringing our community together not just with each other but with other communities too. Its an experience to travel to an overseas tournament and something everybody in the irish fighting game scene should do, so if you are thinking about it, just do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Not to mention Overseas tournaments are just plain deadly craic.

Cannes in France gives so many memories, and 2 years later, we're still talking about the time Tin got locked out of the elevator.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

@Chunkis: is the flight for 120 euro is for flying there and back? or just one way?
    are u allowed to fly on the planes if u are 16 years old?
    i really wanna go there, have the money.

ladnopoka wrote: »
    @Chunkis: is the flight for 120 euro is for flying there and back? or just one way?

The tickets are 120 for a return ticket and yeah you can fly at 16, you can actually fly at any age, i rememeber going to the usa when i was just 8 years old, so you can definitely fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You'd be best off looking it properly Lad. There might some issues for an under-18 flying without a legal guardian. It might need for someone that is over 18/w/e age to sign off and be responsible for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orim wrote: »
    You'd be best off looking it properly Lad. There might some issues for an under-18 flying without a legal guardian. It might need for someone that is over 18/w/e age to sign off and be responsible for you.

Not required at all.

Numerous Quasar trips have proven this many times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll bow to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Orim wrote: »

16 is fine. Each airline has it's own individual policies but 16 and over is considered an adult. If you're under 16, you'd need an adult to drop you off, sign you on and collect you and all that malarkey. But yea, check the airline sites just in case.

If you're only 16 I'd be more worried about nightlife and stuff over there. If the guys are all heading out to a pub/club/coffee shop in the evening, what are you going to do? If you're fine with staying in the hotel then that's grand but certainly something you should consider before you book anything.

EDIT: Damn my slow replying, chopper already answered the first bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Start learning what year it was 18 years ago.

I stopped after it ceased being 1985

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Alright man, I'm into this

First of all, going abroad to participate in a tournament sounds like deadly craic

Second, playing games abroad?
    Enough said, imagine all the unique combos you can discover?

Got the money, got some irish players, all we need is hype!

I've been to Amsterdam before, it's amazing

Who's going abroad to represent??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Legal drinking age in the Netherlands is 16, for anything under 15%.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Unreal craic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just going to point out to people you never know when promoting things like drug use or underange drinking even as it applies to another country in a legal setting might come back to bite them some day on the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Konata wrote: »
    If you're only 16 I'd be more worried about nightlife and stuff over there. If the guys are all heading out to a pub/club/coffee shop in the evening, what are you going to do? If you're fine with staying in the hotel then that's grand but certainly something you should consider before you book anything.

Regardless of what the legal drinking age is over there or whatnot, I don't drink and don't particulalry care if I stay in the hotel or go out. Push comes to shove I'll gladly beat on your Cody for a few hours back in the hotel room :pac:

(Get your minds out of the gutter you dirty, dirty bastards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Sairus wrote: »
    Regardless of what the legal drinking age is over there or whatnot, I don't drink and don't particulalry care if I stay in the hotel or go out. Push comes to shove I'll gladly beat on your Cody for a few hours back in the hotel room :pac:

(Get your minds out of the gutter you dirty, dirty bastards)

I meant more going out like, not neccessarily drinking. Venues might ID at the door kinda thing. Just something to consider anyway if you're underage!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I could be wrong, but there's always a room somewhere with money matches and casuals and stuff going on. Find them and win dat fight moneh.

Even if it is on the other side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

im gonna try my balls of to get to this one... i go to amsterdam alot but this is too good to pass up, gonna try work out my money for the next few weeks etc

Is there any word on recommended hotels or hostels for this yoke?

I havent looked at accomodation yet, worstgiefever said he would check some places out, he also said that it might be worth geting accomodation in amsterdam city centre and travelling to and from the venue from there because the area of the actual tourmament is a bit dead.

But to be honest am not too botherd about staying in amsterdam because the city of weesp is close enough to amsterdam so we could easily get a taxi into the city.

There is a lot of europeans heading to this event so am gonna wait and see where the UK and French players plans are before booking anything, it would be nice for all of us to stay in the same hotel or at least the same area.

Well Chunkis if you're looking for us to be booked by 15th sep I think it would be better to ask more players than WorstGiefEver. That said, thanks for telling us about this, seems to be a great interest.

• Advertisement

Don't believe it's crucial to stay with the rest of the europeans and UK in the same hostel but it would be a nice addition for company

chunkis wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am going to set September 14th as the date for us to book, thats about 3 and a half weeks from now and a little over a month before the tournament, that gives people more than enough time to scrape the money together for the flight.
    What time and what location will this all be done?

So over on NE forums a user by the name of MetallicMike says the UK heads are booking accomodation as we speak.

Does anyone have their money put aside for this? I do and I'm waiting to pay for the trip...

Xinkai wrote: »
    So over on NE forums a user by the name of MetallicMike says the UK heads are booking accomodation as we speak.

Does anyone have their money put aside for this? I do and I'm waiting to pay for the trip...

Same, Chunkis said this will be sorted on 14th of September I believe

Alas I shall have to pull out of this. Just can't afford it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Nutrient wrote: »
    Chunkis said this will be sorted on 13th of September I believe

Cannot see a reason not to book your flights now if you know the dates. They will only increase in price.

Want to make sure I have a place to go before I book flights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Xinkai wrote: »
    Want to make sure I have a place to go before I book flights!

are you concerned that there will be no accommodation in Amsterdam/weesp at all or you are only going if you can stay in that hotel? :confused:

ayjay is right you guys can book right now if you have the money, i just said the 14th so everybody had the time to save up for the flight, i don`t know what my plans are yet, but i wouldn`t wait for me, you guys know everything i know, so just book your own flights when your ready.

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    are you concerned that there will be no accommodation in Amsterdam/weesp at all or you are only going if you can stay in that hotel? :confused:

I know there's gonna be accommodation, sure even if there is none, when Tin went to stunfest he just slept at the venue lol. If he can do it...

It'd be a lot more handy if we could all stay in the same hotel, from Cannes last year it was a bother to Doom, Chopper and Orim who were staying around the corner in a different hotel, like 3 minutes around the corner when it came to late night casuals, moaning about being in a different hotel etc. It was just a bother for them being in a different hotel.

Now that was 3 minutes away, how bothersome would it be if everyone else was 30 minutes away? I'll book my flights on the 13th as per the date. I'm looking at the NE thread to try keep up to date.

TL;DR, No, It'd be prefered to stay in same hotel as everyone else for personal preference and accessibility.

Advertisement