Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilemma: Cork or Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fire and Eyece

If you're not from Galway you'll love the place
    I grew up in east Connemara and know from experience that people from the rest of the island who come to live there absolutely love the place. Most of my friends in Galway have moved to there for work collage music or the craic and wont be moving away anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

xflyer wrote: »
    Never really spent much time in Cork so can't comment, except that it's well known they don't much rate Dubs, which is what I am.

I moved to Galway a few years ago, had no real illusions but was disappointed re the job situation and the traffic. But frankly there is little else to complain about.

At the moment I live in Salthill, I would seriously advice living around here somewhere. Salthill is a cool place to live. There's a village atmosphere yet a bit town vibe. Galway town is literally walking distance away but you don't have to leave Salthill to find a nice pub or restaurant on a summer evening overlooking the prom. You have the sea and the beach and all that. It can be expensive to rent though, but not too much. But it's easily the best suburb to live in.

Before you decide visit Salthill on a weekend and enjoy the atmosphere.

I've met Dubs with a similar attitude towards Cork as well.For the record i think you Dubs are a pretty okay bunch and i hope you win Sam this year.This is off topic but i just had to correct you there.:)

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I took into account *everyone's* posts, so thank you all very much indeed. In the end, for multiple reasons, I chose Cork. But I am definitely going to visit Galway regardless; and I still have the option to move there down the line.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Tremelo wrote: »
    I took into account *everyone's* posts, so thank you all very much indeed. In the end, for multiple reasons, I chose Cork. But I am definitely going to visit Galway regardless; and I still have the option to move there down the line.

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Tremelo wrote: »

Ah well, never mind!

Best of luck with the move and everything ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement