Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seriously?
    That looks awful!
    Not all facets of geekdom can be combined to become more than the sum of its parts.
    But I suppose he/she could have done worse, might have been a lavatory in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Awkward Tardis is awkward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Why put so much effort into all of that only to sit an LCD on top? There has to have been a better way to put a display in there.

Well I have my Valentine's Plans sorted:

LnO3e.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Should be bigger on the inside

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm really hoping that pillow is washable! Otherwise I might suggest a cover for it, before you take the relationship to the next level!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Why put so much effort into all of that only to sit an LCD on top? There has to have been a better way to put a display in there.

Aside from it being completely hideous, what's the game playing in the top right picture? Looks like Defender in the bottom right one.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that pillow is washable! Otherwise I might suggest a cover for it, before you take the relationship to the next level!

Yeah. Last thing you'd want is to get tomato sauce from the pizza all over her.

Now this is hardcore
    AyW4h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

HG101's XBLIG's blog threw up a cool, little curio:

DLC Quest

http://goingloudstudios.com/games/dlc-quest/

A platformer where you're required to advance the game by collecting in-game currency and purchasing random stuff, spoofing the modern day need for DLC. You begin without the ability to jump (or even properly animate) and eventually work your way up to buying in-game weapons to avoid grinding and so forth. As a game it's pretty average, and it's essentially a one-joke premise spread out over a thirty minute game, but it's presented well enough to make it funny, so in the end it's worthwhile. Plus considering the gaming industry takes itself far too seriously, any kind of satire is definitely welcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Now this is hardcore
    AyW4h.jpg

Sporting that mullet without having been bullied to death is more hardcore than the Contra achievement.

I think the Mullet is one of those rare hair styles that one has to Rock rather than sport, just saying is all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think the Mullet is one of those rare hair styles that one has to Rock rather than sport, just saying is all...

God no, it can never look good. Ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only Jack Burton and the Swayze have ever pulled it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Thats a very valid point. But those are ice cool, the zenith of coolness. Someone like, say, Incontinence Boy could never do it....

Well Enternow has modded Sera's PS1 which means that this Valentines all her time will be taken up by Monster Rancher and there'll be no time for me :'(

I'm going to see if I can get the english translation of Love Plus to work... :'(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

EnterNow wrote: »
    God no, it can never look good. Ever.

billy-mitchell.jpg

Damn it. RAGE have made themselves a new enemy by interfering in my quest against Composite cables by recommending some one get RGB that was having trouble with composite cables on their SNES. RGB til I die bro!

Solid Snake would like to have a word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm going to see if I can get the english translation of Love Plus to work... :'(
    D: forgot about that, I might try it later :3
    Betcha you'll go for Rinko

I'm gonna go for Manaka, she's the cutest

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thats a very valid point. But those are ice cool, the zenith of coolness. Someone like, say, Incontinence Boy could never do it....

Warning, large number of slaps at the next Beers approaching!! ;)

And what's this about incontinence boy????
    I treat people with it, on occasion, I don't try my own supply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

There is one more mullet, and its one that few people appreciate

davidlostboys.jpg

On a another note, took a major tumble off the bandwagon today, pictures incoming!

Unbelievable!
    No sign of my Wonderswan edition of Puzzle Bobble so I sent a message.
    I just received a reply...
    He says sorry, that he was away at work and doesn't send stuff while away and that he'll send it tomorrow!
    I sent him a message telling him how it was paid for immediately after the sale, that I expected it sent by the fastest method available at his expense and that it would be reflected in the feedback. Also mentioned that other items sold by him were shipped and delivered in that time!
    What a dickhead!
    Now we wait and see what happens.

OK so after picking through my Final Fantasy collection I have stuff that's going to be going

Final Fantasy X, complete x2 (1 normal, 1 platinum)
    Final Fantasy VII, no manual x2 (1 normal, 1 platinum)
    Final Fantasy VIII, 1 complete, 1 no manual, both black label
    Final Fantasy IX, no manual, black label

Anyone have suggestions on what prices I should ask for these?

Unbelievable!
    No sign of my Wonderswan edition of Puzzle Bobble so I sent a message.
    I just received a reply...
    He says sorry, that he was away at work and doesn't send stuff while away and that he'll send it tomorrow!
    I sent him a message telling him how it was paid for immediately after the sale, that I expected it sent by the fastest method available at his expense and that it would be reflected in the feedback. Also mentioned that other items sold by him were shipped and delivered in that time!
    What a dickhead!
    Now we wait and see what happens.

Just got a reply to my last message, bear in ind this guy has sold a string of games to other people, many of which have been won and delivered since I won my auction with him...
    Hello
    I'm only selling my games, because I don't need them anymore. I don't sell games for living
    I have a different job that's far more important than selling games.
    So if I'm travelling, I don't have time to ship games
    I'm sorry if games are so important for you. But not everyone has the same priorities
    Regards
    Antonio

What a complete tool!
    I have reminded him that the nature of the item is irrelevant and I don't appreciate his dismissive tone.
    Also directed him to the ebay support page detailing the sellers obligation to send the item quickly, also indicated the feedback he was likely to get now.

Tosser!

b22071fa-6d56-4dab-82d0-d533b67431d3.jpg

haha I kid, what a tosser though, as a seller you have things you need to live up to! But what can ya do, just wait till ya have the games and completely unload on the feedback then

Just got a reply to my last message, bear in ind this guy has sold a string of games to other people, many of which have been won and delivered since I won my auction with him...

What a complete tool!
    I have reminded him that the nature of the item is irrelevant and I don't appreciate his dismissive tone.
    Also directed him to the ebay support page detailing the sellers obligation to send the item quickly, also indicated the feedback he was likely to get now.

Tosser!

You getting that from Italy by chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow! What a complete and utter tosser! I've never read anything like that in my life.

What's his username? Just so I can buy something from him and leave negative feedback. Nobody should have to put up with that. You paid - should be sent out instantly.

• Advertisement

Here's another Kickstarter project I can get behind:

dWteI.jpg

GOD DAMN LOCH NESS MONSTER!
    YOU AINT GETTIN NO THREE FIDDY!

My ebay issues take a turn for the worse...
    I'm not a professional seller, so I don't care about what ebay wants me to do.
    I'll do what I can, considering my job's duties.
    If you want diligence more than the game, we can cancel the transaction
    So that you can seek for it elsewhere and I'll sleep tomorrow morning, instead of going to ship the game
    I don't need your money, so I can send it back
    Regards
    Antonio

So, how do I teach this weasel that it's not ok to say you'll send something, then don't bother, then become nasty when I point out my justifiable concern and expectations?
    If I agree to cancel the transaction the frakker gets no negative feedback and that's that.
    I'd be happy to keep my money but I want the little sh1te to pay!
    Advice please!

My ebay issues take a turn for the worse...

So, how do I teach this weasel that it's not ok to say you'll send something, then don't bother, then become nasty when I point out my justifiable concern and expectations?
    If I agree to cancel the transaction the frakker gets no negative feedback and that's that.
    I'd be happy to keep my money but I want the little sh1te to pay!
    Advice please!

Try and complete the transaction so you can at least leave bad feedback and maybe report him.

If this is an Italian auction try to avoid them in future. They are nearly as bad as buying from Nigeria most of the time.
    My girlfriend is Italian and she says the same.

Antonio...you smug tosser!

Antonio_Banderas-solo-23.jpg

I'd just swallow my pride and complete the transaction, providing its a good deal, and at least get something for all the trouble then!

Steve SI wrote: »
    Try and complete the transaction so you can at least leave bad feedback and maybe report him.

If this is an Italian auction try to avoid them in future. They are nearly as bad as buying from Nigeria most of the time.
    My girlfriend is Italian and she says the same.

I've noticed a lot of ebay auctions and websites now say that they will not ship to italy at all.

• Advertisement

Right, I have told the little sh1tehawk to send it in the morning.
    Once I receive it in the post I will leave negative feedback, he maintains he doesn't care but he has a score of over 600 so he'll care enough.
    I will then report him for his behaviour and hope that there is some sort of warning or ban that can be imposed on the cretin.
    Not going to do business with an italian auction again, and that's quite sad tbh.

I've noticed a lot of ebay auctions and websites now say that they will not ship to italy at all.

With very good reason. A very high percentage of post goes "missing" in Italy.

For a first world country its like the wild west sometimes.
    I still love the place though :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    With very good reason. A very high percentage of post goes "missing" in Italy.

Christ on a bike, don't say that!
    I wouldn't put it past him to now sabotage the item in some way.
    I'm telling you, I'd smack that fecker about if I could get my hands on him, he is probably the worst ebayer I have had the bad luck of meeting, and I had a problem with a french guy over Raiden 3 a whiles back...

He's probably rubbing his hairy balls all over it right now as we speak!

DinoRex wrote: »
    He's probably rubbing his hairy balls all over it right now as we speak!

Pretty much guaranteed :D

• Advertisement

No sniffing this game upon receipt so!
    Once there isn't a dirty brown streak of sh1te on it I'll be ok.

You see, sometimes Adverts is better than ebay, at least you can get a guy banned for being an arse there!

hasn't happened yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »
    Here's another Kickstarter project I can get behind:

dWteI.jpg

AH Jesus! I was only asking my friend earlier if he remembered that clip from south park!

So friggin hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just finished watching King of Kong and I have t say it was an excellent viewing experience. In particular the credits suprize.
    Now it's way past my bedtime and I've to be up for work in around 4 hours.
    Suffice to say service tomorrow will not be at a high standard.

I wish I was that good on a game. Im fairly decent at fzero or was.

Talking hairy arms!!
    Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Jaysus Cidey sorry to hearabout the Italian ebay thing, you should have know, did all those mafia movies not teach you anything:pac::pac:

Italy has started to become the dumping ground for immigration these days and a lot of criminal activity associated with this also happens including faking of all types of goods. I for one would buy nothing from Italy even though I love the place and know plenty of Italians (all of whom are up to no good) even they tell me it's not a place to do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I have a very big problem..... get your minds out of the gutter sick sick people....

I want a PS Vita badly but have no fundage for it:(.
    So I was thinking of either selling some stuff or trading in some stuff both of which make me sick to my stomach but the thought of not having a Vita is too much to handle.

I was thinking of off loading my PSP and games as I could never part with gameboy stuff.

What should I do?

Well, you know where we are! Pop a list up on adverts and let the cash roll in!
    That said, given to rather thin launch line up wouldn't you be better off hanging onto your stuff and get a PSVita when there's more to love about the machine?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement