Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

My mother is immune to criticism. It washes over her like it was Matt Damon's urine.
    I don't even want to know why that simile was in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I don't even want to know why that simile was in your head.

My mother, I assume it's the same with all old women, has a tremendous love for Matt Damon. The man can do no wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My mother, I assume it's the same with all old women, has a tremendous love for Matt Damon. The man can do no wrong.

My Mam is quite likely older than yours and I don't think she'd hold much of a candle for Mr.Damon.

Now me on the other hand would think he's a babe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

One of my best friends has a girlfriend. Tonight this girl started giving out to me about something trivial, something that wasn't even her business in the first place. When I tried to explain my rationale about the situation, she got up and moved to a different seat instead of talking to me. Then she got up again, put on her jacket and said "Goodbye for ever. I'll probably never talk to you again."

That was bad enough, but then she overheard one of the other lads calling her a psycho before she left the building. The next week or so could be very, very awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

One of my best friends has a girlfriend. Tonight this girl started giving out to me about something trivial, something that wasn't even her business in the first place. When I tried to explain my rationale about the situation, she got up and moved to a different seat instead of talking to me. Then she got up again, put on her jacket and said "Goodbye for ever. I'll probably never talk to you again."

That was bad enough, but then she overheard one of the other lads calling her a psycho before she left the building. The next week or so could be very, very awkward.

Bitches be f*cking psycho has always been a favourite phrase of mine :P

FML! Woke up ten past ten! My exam was at ten :( Let the begging email begin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Namlub wrote: »
    Lawds, remember when soccy used to be all innocent? :'(
    I'm quite sure she did her Junior Cert. with me... JC 2kaii9 yesh?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bitches be f*cking psycho has always been a favourite phrase of mine :P

Aaaaaaannnd now my friend has blocked me on Facebook! This is so childish. You'd think someone doing post-graduate studies would be mature enough to talk about things, instead of throwing his toys out of the pram. :rolleyes:

Aaaaaaannnd now my friend has blocked me on Facebook! This is so childish. You'd think someone doing post-graduate studies would be mature enough to talk about things, instead of throwing his toys out of the pram. :rolleyes:

Bit extreme innit? He's clearly whiiiiiiipped!

Bit extreme innit? He's clearly whiiiiiiipped!

I spoke a bit too soon. Just texted him and it turns out he disabled his whole profile. So nobody was blocked.
    But yes, whipped beyond belief. That wasn't a decision he made for himself, I can tell ye.

But yes, whipped beyond belief. That wasn't a decision he made for himself, I can tell ye.

Is the girl really attractive or something? I can't see myself doing that sort of thing because I was told to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My bus pass is fecked :mad: grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

AHHHH. Its UP from cork to clare.
    Down from Galway to Clare.

FFFFFFFFSAKE.

People you done geography. no your directions. i would hate to be lost in a forest with you. :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Brb, going up to Down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

My Mam is quite likely older than yours and I don't think she'd hold much of a candle for Mr.Damon.

Now me on the other hand would think he's a babe.

My logic would suggest that you have turned into your mother and she her mother...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

AHHHH. Its UP from cork to clare.
    Down from Galway to Clare.

FFFFFFFFSAKE.

People you done geography. no your directions. i would hate to be lost in a forest with you. :D:pac:
    People round here say "Down to Northern Ireland," use to drive me nuts as a kid

Lawliet wrote: »
    People round here say "Down to Northern Ireland," use to drive me nuts as a kid

Why. its simple to know the difference between where your positioned and the destination you are talking about. to me it says your meaning a grammar mistake and a geography mistake.
    I will take into account if you have never been to a destination but in that case i would expect people to use, going or coming to. Eg, we are coming to Clare or going to Clare. He is coming to clare or she is going to clare
    Whats that word that people use when something really drives a person mental from irritation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Why. its simple to know the difference between where your positioned and the destination you are talking about. to me it says your meaning a grammar mistake and a geography mistake.
    I will take into account if you have never been to a destination but in that case i would expect people to use, going or coming to. Eg, we are coming to Clare or going to Clare. He is coming to clare or she is going to clare
    Whats that word that people use when something really drives a person mental from irritation

Some of us go by sea level. It's down from where I live in Cork to Limerick. But then we switch it up a bit to confuse people.

Up to Cork City.
    Back to Tralee.
    Up to Dublin.
    Over to Waterford.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Today my friend, who got 2 more A's then me in his Junior Cert, told me and another friend we were odd because we knew where the Soviet Union was.

3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

Today my friend, who got 2 more A's then me in his Junior Cert, told me and another friend we were odd because we knew where the Soviet Union was.
    That's nothing, I know someone who got 600 points and didn't realize that bio was short for biological. Best part: she use to do biomed :pac:

Lawliet wrote: »
    That's nothing, I know someone who got 600 points and didn't realize that bio was short for biological. Best part: she use to do biomed :pac:
    Good God. Please don't tell me she didn't know what "med" meant either? :pac:

• Advertisement

Stupidity+will+be+Dealt+With.jpg
    :pac:

Were seriously all doomed in life. :cool:

I'm quite sure she did her Junior Cert. with me... JC 2kaii9 yesh?

Yup, back in the good old days of making posters in your CSPE exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Really gotta stop missing all my classes. Missed like 3 days already and I only started back last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Really gotta stop missing all my classes. Missed like 3 days already and I only started back last week.

Story of my life. Except today when I picked the worst possible day to step my game up. 9am to 7pm JOY

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Went to go on Facebook on my phone as I usually do. Access denied because it is unsuitable for persons under 15. That'd be grand if I was actually 15 or under..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

The heat was turned off in the house at 9.30pm. I am shaking with the cold. I don't care who has a problem with it, its going back on. We usually have it on til this time anyway, since most of us are still up, I don't know what possessed someone to turn it off, its freezing! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I got such a fright walking home!

It was about 10. Maybe a little bit after because I went to the shop to get crap food and accidentally ended up buying salt and vinegar crisps instead of cheese and onion, yet again! So anyway I was walking back and there was a guy walking behind me. And that was fine, but you know when you get that idea in your head that the person behind you is about to murder you? Well I got that. The fact that we went to the Silence of the Lambs last night didn't help. Brilliant film, not even that scary so much as creepy, but you know how these ideas tend to manifest themselves. And normally I'm not a fan of being eaten anyway, so you can imagine how terrible the whole experience was.

I was trying to make myself realise how irrational I was being, which failed utterly since out of the corner of my eye I could see that he followed me after I turned into the student accommodation. So really it that was grand, and I was content enough to endure my wild and terrible thoughts for the next minute or so until I got home, but you know that sound that your shoe makes as it scrapes off the ground mid-stride? Well, as it turns out, that sound is very similar to the sound that a cannabilistic psychopath's shoes would make as they suddenly begin to sprint towards you with a crowbar. Seriously, I jumped out of my skinnn!! I span around and there the bloodthirsty killer was - a scrawny little fart with a hoody that looked about 4 sizes too big. I swear he giggled when he saw me jumping :(

So basically, I'm a total wuss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well those four days off were nice. By my reckoning my next day off will be in march during the mid term. Yaaaay.

It was about 10. Maybe a little bit after because I went to the shop to get crap food and accidentally ended up buying salt and vinegar crisps instead of cheese and onion, yet again! So anyway I was walking back and there was a guy walking behind me. And that was fine, but you know when you get that idea in your head that the person behind you is about to murder you?

Oh god something like that happened me last week too. The bus I got back to college dropped me in a random place and the walk back to my house was really creepy and dark. Someone followed me the whole way. I couldn't even put in my earphones in case I didn't hear them creep up behind me in an attempt to kill me.

Just before I got to my house I went around a corner, ran straight into someone completely different and almost screamed in their face. At the very least it was a very loud gasp. The poor guy was the most harmless looking person! :o

Gotta love vivid imaginations :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I got hair dye on one of my A&F pants I just wear around house and what not. Also got it on White shirt so found colour run remover, didn't bother reading intructiomd just filled bucket water and throw them both in now more than three minutes later my blue pants is now tie-dyed blue white! it's hilarious but sad at same time. Good bye comfy pants!

Oh god something like that happened me last week too. The bus I got back to college dropped me in a random place and the walk back to my house was really creepy and dark. Someone followed me the whole way. I couldn't even put in my earphones in case I didn't hear them creep up behind me in an attempt to kill me.

Just before I got to my house I went around a corner, ran straight into someone completely different and almost screamed in their face. At the very least it was a very loud gasp. The poor guy was the most harmless looking person! :o

Thats all i would do. I'd take a deep breath put them in and hope for the best. :pac: I then flip a coin through my fingers, Make it look like im about to kill them.

It's dark and I accidentally smashed my face into a doorframe. My nose is gushing blood, but I'm still the most attractive person on the site in spite of this temporary setback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It's dark and I accidentally smashed my face into a doorframe. My nose is gushing blood, but I'm still the most attractive person on the site in spite of this temporary setback.

Would you not put the light on? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Conor108 wrote: »
    Story of my life. Except today when I picked the worst possible day to step my game up. 9am to 7pm JOY

I got a C in CSPE. Who the fúck gets a C in CSPE??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was meant to be paid today. I haven't been. It's been five weeks since we were paid last ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Since megavideo is down can we boarders not go to say the Mercantile every eg saturday afternoon to share our fundness for films? Sort of a more social thing. We could use our boards alias. No explicit eeh nature movies unless you would like to be named and shamed. E.g. Mr sheepless23 is a fan of the movie SM-man bitchslaps wild bear. I think he should take up his old job of herder instead of watching these movies. signed SSherlock666.

I feel so sick today. Just want to go home.

I wake up to find my last 12 euro is now done to 7 euro as the Government have taken Stamp Duty from my account?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

story

sure, one time in Waterford, I was with Hairycopper and this strange looking person followed us all the way along a road and at the end caught up to us (the area had been fairly rough and people had been mugged lots over that week) and he kept shouting at us (HC presumed for directions) but I made us run away incase he was a psycho killer!

I got a C in CSPE. Who the fúck gets a C in CSPE??

One of the most famous pieces of graffiti in Limerick (written in the LIT library men's toilets) says "Med-student hopeful _____ _____ got a C in his Junior Cert CSPE exam."

True story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Once I was heading to get a bus home, looked at the time and realised it was due to leave so I picked up a jog, same time as some fella in front of me done so. Looked at time again and it was past departure time so I thought best commence the sprint. Fella in front of me sprinted ahead and hopped on a bus. Probably assuming he had gotten away from his stalker but it was the same bus I was getting. The look on his face when he saw me coming on was priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Although imagine how annoying it would be if it had been someone trying to attack you! They'd be so smug, thinking you didn't expect a thing and feeling like they were some sort of ninja. I'd hate to see them have that satisfaction when in reality it's all you'd been thinking about.

... Obviously my primary concern while being mugged...

I wake up to find my last 12 euro is now done to 7 euro as the Government have taken Stamp Duty from my account?!

How else would the government pay for stamps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

No motivation to do anything at all, even get out of bed.

Hey government... gimme back the stamp duty ye bastards! :(

A very.... ugh... day. :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Stamp Duty day eh. Huh hows about that.
    There goes €5 into the abyss

Stamp Duty day eh. Huh hows about that.
    There goes €5 into the abyss

They only took €2.50 off my AIB account... should I be worried or overjoyed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Had to give the kitten away :(

Fainted in a lab today. Looks like I have some way to go before getting over that needle phobia...:(

The problem with having dinner at one in the dat is that I'm hungry enough to eat another one at this point

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement