Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm (being forced) wearing a clare jersey in public tonight. What has gone wrong with the world..

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Something really weird is going on with my internet :( Certain pages just won't load tonight - I can load my dashboard on Tumblr, but not my own page. Don't understand it and don't know if the page shows up for other people...?
    Why must my internet be so bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Something really weird is going on with my internet :( Certain pages just won't load tonight - I can load my dashboard on Tumblr, but not my own page. Don't understand it and don't know if the page shows up for other people...?
    Why must my internet be so bad?

Well clicking the Tumblr link in your sig gives an invalid URL error.....

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well clicking the Tumblr link in your sig gives an invalid URL error.....

Crap. Try now? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

why must Lar leave like this.:( you had a few good years left man!

• Advertisement

Crap. Try now? :(

You're good to go again. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You're good to go again. :)

Brilliant, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I lost the game guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

My arm is still swollen after an injection I got 4 months ago :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I take back what I said about Tallaght not being a bad place. Some people need to be put down. Sick fúcks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I take back what I said about Tallaght not being a bad place. Some people need to be put down. Sick fúcks.
    Do elaborate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

flyswatter wrote: »
    Do elaborate.
    16 year old girl shot in the head.

Not too fond of Shannon right now either....

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/three-years-for-man-who-burned-and-bit-baby-183089.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Did you watch Tallafornia by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Do elaborate.

A sixteen year old girl was shot in the face with a shotgun last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Think one of the pairs of headphones i own are biting the dust.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Do elaborate.

Damn, that's pretty grim alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Last two nights I've manage to accidentally insult two of my best friends without even realising it. Holy ****, must stop being a bitch! I've no excuse and I'm never normally like this! :(

Have to spend 4 euro on buses in and out to the hospital to get an injection. Bleeeeehhh. Soooo many buses to get.

And it's my housemates birthday tonight. But I can't afford to go out if I buy myself a hot chicken roll so MUST NOT GIVE IN. (yaaaaah alert: This week is going so great. I'm so happy :D )

That's horrible. I heard it on the radio this morning, they reckon it could be a case of mistaken identity. It all goes back to drugs imo...

Arrrgh: Just did a terrible Italian test, my grade is gonna come down from a 1.1 to a bare pass after that.:( And now I'm back in the library, doing an essay about "The Picture of Dorian Gray".

Not. In. The. Mood.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Omg im actually in shock..
    Like words cant describe it, I cant.. I dont know what to do, I feel so bad.. Its just so sad.. :(:(
    Crying faces arent strong enough..

Back here again already. 150 words in to my essay, and what do they decide to do? Blast out dance music next to the library. Why like. I can't work or study with music on.:(

It's week 3 and I'm already procrastinating!!!! I mean FFS I just did 3 of those surveys that land in your student emails. :(:( THREE OF THEM!!!! ABOUT PHSYCHOLOGY AND SHÍT! WHY? i HAVE WORK TO DO LOIKE! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Been quite some time since I've felt this shit. :( I'm just so sick of feeling like this all the time, and not being able to tell anyone because it sounds so stupid when I say it aloud, but it matters so much to me...I just want to go to sleep for a few weeks so when I wake up things might be a bit different, or to be someone else for a while to see what that's like...

Reading through that makes me sound like a big angsty freak, sure I'll be grand like, but right now I just feel awful and I'm constantly on the verge of tears and usually I get by everything with the knowledge that I'd rather be me than anyone else and I quite like myself and think I'm fairly sound most of the time but now I dunno...I do some shit things sometimes...and do not handle myself well at all in some situations...

There'll be better days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Slow Show wrote: »
    Been quite some time since I've felt this shit. :( I'm just so sick of feeling like this all the time, and not being able to tell anyone because it sounds so stupid when I say it aloud, but it matters so much to me...I just want to go to sleep for a few weeks so when I wake up things might be a bit different, or to be someone else for a while to see what that's like...

Reading through that makes me sound like a big angsty freak, sure I'll be grand like, but right now I just feel awful and I'm constantly on the verge of tears and usually I get by everything with the knowledge that I'd rather be me than anyone else and I quite like myself and think I'm fairly sound most of the time but now I dunno...I do some shit things sometimes...and do not handle myself well at all in some situations...

Have you thought about talking to your GP about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Was making toffee popcorn and burnt my finger, OWWW THE PAIN!!!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Was making toffee popcorn and burnt my finger, OWWW THE PAIN!!!!:(

Quickly, eat the popcorn, you'll forget about the pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

cloud493 wrote: »
    Have you thought about talking to your GP about this?

Ah no I haven't, I'm just a bit sad and frustrated at the moment, but I'll be fine soon, ups and downs, can't appreciate the good if you've never had the bad, other such motivational quotes and all that. Thanks for the concern though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Cian A wrote: »
    Quickly, eat the popcorn, you'll forget about the pain!

Eating popcorn with one hand, have other hand in a bowl of cold water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Slow Show, just drop me a line if you ever need to talk. I know myself I hate to talk to my friends about things.. well cause like, it'd be awkward. And I'd be afraid they'd say things I wouldn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

You probably don't want to hear me say this but.. I feel pretty much exact same as you described a lot of the time. I have times where I just feel so bad about myself and everything but I don't want to tell anyone either because I think it will sound silly and insignificant. And I get the thing about how some days you like yourself and think you're a good enough person but then sometimes I think about things and think I could have been kinder and handled the situation better etc.
    But then the feeling goes away for a couple of days and it's like miraculously everything is right with the world again!

Hope you feel better real soon and that things work out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Just poured boiling water all over my hand. Ow and fuck.

Ugh. I hate this lecturer! Just assign groups by ID number at random like every other lecturer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Turns out I've had like five event invitations waiting for me for weeks, yet facebook only notified me of one. Which is in Bologna. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Namlub wrote: »
    Turns out I've had like five event invitations waiting for me for weeks, yet facebook only notified me of one. Which is in Bologna. Why?

Because Bologna is where all the cool kids party. Didn't you get the memo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If I diid live there I would have a buzzing social life to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Awh Slow Show. :(

*Hugs* Hope you feel better soon. You have mid-term next week right? You'll have time for yourself and you'll be able to do things you like and might feel better then. You're awesome. Don't you forget that! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Spent an awful long time feeling like that Emma, don't ever feel your feelings aren't valid/justified. You feel how you feel for a reason and please dont ever try ignore it. It's obviously trying to tell you something. PM always open adnI hope you're ok xxx

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Heart = broken.

Haaaaaaaaaate waking up early and not being able to go back to sleep.

I will never ever make it to that 9AM lecture on a friday morning. I've just given up hope in ever being able to do it...

And my voice is gone. ****e.

• Advertisement

I got a puncture in one of the rear wheels on my car while I was driving, and skidded completely out of control all over the road.

Most terrifying experience of my life. I managed to pull into someone's drive without hitting any walls/ditches/other cars, and just completely broke down in a panic.

That is my third puncture in a fortnight. Something's out to get me.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

:| So like, I was chillin' at home for ages watching mindless daytime TV. Feeling slightly guilty, I managed to haul myself up from the sofa and walk to the library - in the rain, I might add. And I was pleased with this. I seemed to have curbed my laziness for once, and I was all set for a full on and productive day of stu-
    BAM!! I forgot my laptop charger.

And now I am not a happy bunny. Not a happy bunny at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

why is it so hard to find bob dylan songs in their original version on youtube. all i find is like 7 pages of covers. :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    why is it so hard to find bob dylan songs in their original version on youtube. all i find is like 7 pages of covers. :mad:

Had the same problem myself yesterday! Try searching on Google instead and checking the results for other video sites. Or, you know, just buy the CDs. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Some of his discography is here on Grooveshark. The site is really slow for me for whatever reason (not that it matters since I have most of his albums on iTunes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I have two partners for a project I'm doing, due in tomorrow. Neither have done the work they said they'd do. I've done all mine. I'm going to get marked down because these are lazy bastards I have to work with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

A funeral and a wake for two different people in one day can certainly tire you out..
    Its so strange, Id never have thought it'd be so draining, like it just sucks the life outta you..
    And I never understood before the people who would have millions of fb status, upload all their pictures with the person, recite cheesy poems or talk about them till the cows come home.. But really, that is how you feel.. Its like so built up inside of you and by doing these things youre trying to relieve yourself of it all.. And it does help, if only temporary.
    Definitely a lesson learnt in that respect, never going to roll my eyes at something like that ever, ever again.. I understand it now..

Listening back to some of the radio shows I've done.... IS THAT REALLY WHAT I SOUND LIKE?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just got a phone call I've been dreading and hoping wouldn't come for the last 8 years.

One of my oldest friends mum's has been given a few hours, her sister was in Paris for a ty trip and had to rush back home, her youngest brother is only 8. It's so sad, and I honestly don't know what to say to her. Me and another of our friends are staying home this evening just in case something happens and she needs us.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Cold cold cold.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement