Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Huge *hugs* deise_girl and Pigwidgeon. :( Thinking of you both.

It seems silly even saying this now, given what other people are going through but it’s really bugging me. I realised tonight that I’ve been experiencing quite a few of the symptoms of diabetes lately. There’s a strong history of it on both sides of the family. My Dad and his brothers were all diagnosed with Type 1 in their late teens to mid twenties and various family members on my Mams side have it too so I’m definitely predisposed to it. If I just had a couple of the symptoms I would probably not be too worried about it but I think I’ve been experiencing too many for it to be just a coincidence. Hope to God I’m just worrying over nothing. Someone please tell me I’m being stupid about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Mollikins wrote: »

It seems silly even saying this now, given what other people are going through but it’s really bugging me. I realised tonight that I’ve been experiencing quite a few of the symptoms of diabetes lately. There’s a strong history of it on both sides of the family. My Dad and his brothers were all diagnosed with Type 1 in their late teens to mid twenties and various family members on my Mams side have it too so I’m definitely predisposed to it. If I just had a couple of the symptoms I would probably not be too worried about it but I think I’ve been experiencing too many for it to be just a coincidence. Hope to God I’m just worrying over nothing. Someone please tell me I’m being stupid about this?

It's could be nothing, but better safe than sorry. Go to the doctor and get it checked out as soon as you can. If it's nothing then there's no problem and you don't have to worry. If there's something there then you can start to manage with it straight away. I have a few friends with type 1 diabetes and they live perfectly normal lives, and the earlier you catch it the better.

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Deise and Pigwidgeon, hope ye're ok <3

In other news, I just came home from the Woman in Black. Fucking terrifying. I'm actually too scared to sleep incase I get murdered in my sleep or something. Well worth going to see, but dear god, I'm terrified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Mollikins wrote: »

Well obviously I don't know what symptoms you've got or how severe they are, it could be your imagination but if it's it worrying you you should get it check out to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Aoifey! wrote: »
    It's could be nothing, but better safe than sorry. Go to the doctor and get it checked out as soon as you can. If it's nothing then there's no problem and you don't have to worry. If there's something there then you can start to manage with it straight away. I have a few friends with type 1 diabetes and they live perfectly normal lives, and the earlier you catch it the better.

Best of luck :)

Thanks Aoifey! :)

My Dad has it around 35 years now and it never really bothers him. He just gets on with it. It's just because I've seen him suffer some of the complications of it and it's the additional health problems that bother me. Wouldn't care in the slightest about the injections.

It's probably nothing but I think I will get myself checked out, just for peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Had the same problem myself yesterday! Try searching on Google instead and checking the results for other video sites. Or, you know, just buy the CDs. :pac:
    I have em but they're back home and my ipod was murdered by my mother so i am without any music in college.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I was bringing my dog for a walk(I say walk I mean walk up and down the street once) then bang! I catch my neighbour completely naked through his bay windows... He's a 50ish obese man :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    I have em but they're back home and my ipod was murdered by my mother so i am without any music in college.:(

Ah! In that case you have my sympathy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Bleeeeeeh, noticing how much college has destroyed me health wise. Every weekend I come home I feel like a big bag of ****e, so sick, and I look it too. Need to make a few drastic changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

This waiting is just awful. Every time I get a text or call I jump. I'm constantly on the verge of tears. All I want to do is help and make things better but there's absolutely nothing I can do.

Life can be so cruel.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    This waiting is just awful. Every time I get a text or call I jump. I'm constantly on the verge of tears. All I want to do is help and make things better but there's absolutely nothing I can do.

Life can be so cruel.
    I know how you feel, my oldest friend's mother passed away from cancer in August, I don't think I've ever felt so useless. There's not really much you can do in a situation like that except be there, especially in the weeks and months afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Feel so sick :( went to the GP this morning and was given a referral letter for A&E, really don't wanna go and I think the Doctor is over-reacting :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Feel so sick :( went to the GP this morning and was given a referral letter for A&E, really don't wanna go and I think the Doctor is over-reacting :mad:

If your feeling really sick, it can't hurt can it? At worse, it'll be a few hours in a waiting room for peace of mind.

cloud493 wrote: »
    If your feeling really sick, it can't hurt can it? At worse, it'll be a few hours in a waiting room for peace of mind.

She isnt my normal GP. If I still feel bad in the morning I'll go but tbh after 4hrs sleep with the tablets she gave me I feel a million times better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My laptop is giving me a "Consider replacing your battery" warning.... bollox. It's not even two years old yet! My last laptop's battery lasted 5years, and would have lasted more if I hadn't dropped it off a table. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Going out in half an hour and I still have nothing to wear, boo

Lawliet wrote: »
    I know how you feel, my oldest friend's mother passed away from cancer in August, I don't think I've ever felt so useless. There's not really much you can do in a situation like that except be there, especially in the weeks and months afterwards

Thanks, yeah I know there's really nothing I can do. They're spending tonight at the hospital so I'm going to go out for a bit to try and take my mind off things. I've sent her a text yesterday and today just letting her know I'm here if she needs anything, I'm going to leave it at that, I don't want to be annoying her or anything, as long as she knows I'm here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

On my own again tonight. Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Ireland match called off. Fuck, was looking forward to that.

Christ... imagine spending all that money to fly over to Paris, maybe two nights in a hotel, fly back, and now this? And god forbid if you're not one of those people that holds onto the tickets after you get in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I think I may have a case of social anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Whitney Houston... :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Noelly wrote: »
    Whitney Houston... :'(

Just seen that, she was only 48.. Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

lovely night in work tonight,
    I got to argue with a bitch from one of the rougher estates in town for an hour because she denied throwing chips, taco, burgers drinks and all our napkins around the lobby. didn't like the way she was swinging her crutch around either.Of course our new bouncer just stood there and watched while i had to be the one to go down and deal with her.hopefully she gets a sex change so next time she comes into the shop i wont feel bad when i take her crutch off her and beat her to death,. cheek of her to call me ignorant for asking her to stop smearing her food around the lobby i had to clean. sooner we get a new bouncer the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

2 day hangover...not fair! :(

That Dublin bus real time passenger information is such a joke; one bus is now fifteen minutes further away than it was when I got here. Is it reversing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Constantly getting distracted. If I don't have the laptop here when studying I can't look up any past papers; if I do have it here, I invariably end up on Tumblr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

2 day hangover...not fair! :(

Hahahahahahaha.............hahahahaha

Hahahahahahaha.............hahahahaha

Hey! I'm in a delicate state here! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hey! I'm in a delicate state here! :P

Which is why im not laughing in capital letters :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

is it wrong to eat a quarter pounder at this time? Somebody say no..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Of course it's not wrong. :confused: Food is food, no matter what time of the day!

It's lunchtime, of course it's acceptable.

Now I wish I had a quarter pounder... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

My cats been acting a bit weird the past few days, and she was sitting funny, and my mam noticed a lump on her near her tail, and today theres a weird cut and shes bleeding, and we think a dog might have bitten her or something.. :(

Argh my friends son is in hospital and they don't know what's wrong with him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

14479185.jpg

Rookie mistake! :P Nice picture though. :)

A quarter pounder is acceptable at any time of the day! :)

My dinner right now is consisting of a quarter pounder, a garlic chip cheese and some battered sausages.... NOM NOM NOM....

How am I still single ladies? :pac:

• Advertisement

Yet again im back here to complain about the annoying-ness of a certain guy..
    He told me he likes me, He knows I like him, yet he has still to make any sort of indication as to whats going to happen next.
    Then today, getting fed up of not knowing where I stand, I questioned it, and he revealed that the only reason nothings happened is because he's not sure if he wants a repeat of 'last time' - 'Last time' was in 2nd year, when we 'went out' for 2 weeks, and didn't really talk much afterwards. I tried to explain that that was a loong time ago and everythings different know, and all he had to say was 'I just dont know' and that he's confused.
    So now I dont have a clue. Surely if he actually liked me he wouldn't give a **** about anything from 4 years ago -_-
    So ive left it at telling him its his call and he can get back to me when he's a bit more sure of what he wants...

This has completely ruined my day given that this time yesterday I would start grinning like a mad person every time my phone went off, and now he hasnt replied in hours... :(

Maybe I took him telling me he likes me the wrong was and I wasn't supposed to expect anything, and all the ':*' faces and x's were just him playing games with my emotions :mad:

Either way I'm pissed off and in tears, its like I've broken up with someone I was never going out with...

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Today I bought a cream egg and between paying for it and packing my bag I some how lost it... :(

Worst day ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

My uncle died. We were in with him last night, he was in great form and we all had great craic. Dunno if that makes it easier or harder :( We got to the gates of the hospital today when we got the call, literally about a minute too late. Absolutely heartbroken but should be grateful to have had such an unreal person in my life for so long. And I got told in front of everyone last night that I was the favourite :)

And now I gotta sit down and write a politics essay and drive to Galway with it in the morning. Seems so pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Indiego wrote: »
    So ive left it at telling him its his call and he can get back to me when he's a bit more sure of what he wants...

Maybe I took him telling me he likes me the wrong was and I wasn't supposed to expect anything, and all the ':*' faces and x's were just him playing games with my emotions :mad:
    He sounds pretty immature, I wouldn't wait around too long for him to make up his mind

Lawliet wrote: »
    He sounds pretty immature, I wouldn't wait around too long for him to make up his mind

But see the problem is that he honestly doesnt seem immature, Ive known him for years and he's always been the least immature out of all the guys I know, and hes most definately not a player or anything similar to that, so this is pretty out of character for him.. ><

My uncle died. We were in with him last night, he was in great form and we all had great craic. Dunno if that makes it easier or harder :( We got to the gates of the hospital today when we got the call, literally about a minute too late. Absolutely heartbroken but should be grateful to have had such an unreal person in my life for so long. And I got told in front of everyone last night that I was the favourite :)

And now I gotta sit down and write a politics essay and drive to Galway with it in the morning. Seems so pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Really sorry to hear that Squishy. You should definitely get an extension on that essay...the college is really understanding with this sort of thing and they should be able to give you a few days to spend at home with your family before having to worry about college work :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Achtung!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Today I bought a cream egg and between paying for it and packing my bag I some how lost it... :(

Worst day ever!!!

this just reminded me of my creme egg that I bought on Thursday.. and its now missing...:mad::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Worst day ever!!!
    Achtung! wrote: »
    this just reminded me of my creme egg that I bought on Thursday.. and its now missing...:mad::(

There's a creme egg snatcher amongst us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I am after acquiring a cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I just want to know what's wrong with my sister. I just want her to get better. I just wish I could help. I just want her to live a normal life. To be able to go somewhere with her friends without a bag of medication and still having to come home when the pains get too bad.

She hasn't been in school in 3 weeks, she's back in hospital Tuesday. If she misses much more school we're going to have to get her grinds in tons of her subjects which we really can't afford, or else she'll have to stay back and then she'd be 16 finishing 2nd year which wouldn't be fair on her. The school said they'd send home her homework by email but they haven't. This has been going on for a year.

It's not fair and there's nothing I can do to make it better...

Worst day ever!!!

L1K333 F U CrI333333 EvErYt1M333. :'(

Ugh.... need to do some work... but all I wanna do is sit back and chill for the night... and I was supposed to send an important email on Friday(well, technically I was meant to have it sorted before that, but meh) and I forgot until now.... these lecturers are determined to make me feel as though I'm back in secondary school again. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement