Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Why are the richest kids always the most popular? *Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

SChique00 wrote: »
    Why are the richest kids always the most popular? *Sigh*
    Where do you live, Beverly Hills!?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

The bloody feckin weather. Hail, rain, wind, cold. Ireland, cop the feck on like :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The bloody feckin weather. Hail, rain, wind, cold. Ireland, cop the feck on like :pac:

Cycling to and from town tonight was just wonderful... /sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Study. Blah. Just isn't happening. I keep getting distracted with anything and everything from cleaning to doodling. I'm still waiting to get The Fear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just got a really vague email from my course tutor asking me to come see her as soon as possible and that it's very important. I'm quite scared and haven't a clue what it could be about.

Where do you live, Beverly Hills!?:confused:

No, but I go to a private school, and every second kid's parents are millionares :P I'm exaggerating but seriously - some people are spoilt and are respected for it :confused: God I hate my generation sometimes :cool: Maybe I should style my hair into a quiff and talk about dead queens and boys with thorns in their sides ;)

Nice name, btw :D

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I just got a really vague email from my course tutor asking me to come see her as soon as possible and that it's very important. I'm quite scared and haven't a clue what it could be about.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/5M3II7/:18Yq!ZVbD:1g$UA3ELw/zounz.com/dont-worry/ :D

No, but I go to a private school, and every second kid's parents are millionares :P I'm exaggerating but seriously - some people are spoilt and are respected for it :confused: God I hate my generation sometimes :cool: Maybe I should style my hair into a quiff and talk about dead queens and boys with thorns in their sides ;)

Thank you, thank you...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Hate how everything happens at the same time..
    Wanted to go to a challenge match coz I REALLY need to get more autographs from hurlers so that I can finally do up my walls properly and put up new posters I got (3@€2.49 each cant go wrong) but I cant now, wahh
    Also, 7 hour birthday... 0_o And its not like an 18th or nathin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Never really found that in good aule public system. Instead the most popular were those who could down a naggin in under 10 seconds and who could smoke 30 fags in one day.

Simpler times... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I don't think we had any rich kids at our school. Actually I don't think we had any rich kids in our county, I assume they all live in nicer places...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I'm desperately in need of a shower but my sunburn means it's too painful for me to wash. God help anyone I come in contact with tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I really really really need to do my essays all this week, but I'm meant to go home tomorrow to teach my sister til Saturday. I know my essays are important but if I miss a week with her we'll be even further behind than we already are while her class goes on with more stuff. I really don't know what to do, I normally put her stuff before mine but I'm so behind this week and I just wish I could do them both but I'm already pushed for time.

GAH! Help me, what should I do? :(

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I really really really need to do my essays all this week, but I'm meant to go home tomorrow to teach my sister til Saturday. I know my essays are important but if I miss a week with her we'll be even further behind than we already are while her class goes on with more stuff. I really don't know what to do, I normally put her stuff before mine but I'm so behind this week and I just wish I could do them both but I'm already pushed for time.

It'll be a lot of work, but do them at night. Pull late nighters?

It'll be a lot of work, but do them at night. Pull late nighters?

I'd say near the end of the week I'll be working pretty late into the nights, but I'm not good at working on little sleep. I have 2 essays to do that each require a lot of research and I haven't even looked at them :/ if I go to teach my sister I miss out on pretty much all Friday and some of Saturday that I could be doing the essays. I can set her some work without going home but things like Maths she needs actually taught to her so I can't do that unless I'm with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I'd say near the end of the week I'll be working pretty late into the nights, but I'm not good at working on little sleep. I have 2 essays to do that each require a lot of research and I haven't even looked at them :/ if I go to teach my sister I miss out on pretty much all Friday and some of Saturday that I could be doing the essays. I can set her some work without going home but things like Maths she needs actually taught to her so I can't do that unless I'm with her.
    Well then you're gonna have to ask yourself which is more important, yourself or her :/

Maybe you should explain your situation to your department, they might be understanding and give you an extension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Oh lawdy, cathal Brugha street is odd. And bollocks, I'm nervous about this interview.

• Advertisement

Just sent away my competition entry, and sh!ttin' bricks - have to wait until May for the results! :'(

Well then you're gonna have to ask yourself which is more important, yourself or her :/
    Well putting it that way sounds a bit harsh :p. If I decide to stay and do my own work for one week out of the semester it's not saying I'm more important than her at all. It's not which is more important, just trying to balance doing pretty much a college course and the junior cert course at the same time is pretty difficult and sometimes I need to focus on one more than the other.
    Lawliet wrote: »
    Maybe you should explain your situation to your department, they might be understanding and give you an extension

I was thinking of saying it to them to explain some of my absences but I'm not sure. I find it hard to ask a lecturer a question never mind explain a personal situation :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

God damn! Why did my housemates tell me Pottermore was free now? :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I hate my crappy, over-sensitive, prone to allergies skin:( I did so much research before buying a hugely popular, highly recommended foundation, which was also really expensive, and which everyone on the internet with the same skin problems as me was raving about, and I'm the stupid exception who's skin still decided to go nuts after using it for a couple of weeks.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I hate it when the stupid programs you're forced to work with in college actually make the project you're doing way more head-wreckingly difficult than it has to be. "Hmmm, looks like everything's fine." *makes minor change* "EVERYTHING'S SCREWED!"

I hate it when the stupid programs you're forced to work with in college actually make the project you're doing way more head-wreckingly difficult than it has to be. "Hmmm, looks like everything's fine." *makes minor change* "EVERYTHING'S SCREWED!"

Feel your pain.

Two words. Select. Architect. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

This has actually just been building up for ages now. I am so upset, all the time. My family treat me like absolute dirt all of the time. It's constant. Name-calling, sneering, remarks about my personal appearance. I never do any harm, never cause any trouble. It just seems that whatever they know will irritate me, they do. Just for the fun of it. I know this probably sounds like many teenagery ranty posts, but i'm actually ridiculously upset. It seems every day, it's a different name they're calling me, poking fun at some aspect of my appearance, and just genuinely trying to knock down any level of self-esteem I have. It's everyone, my Mother, father, siblings. I'm having a tough enough year doing exams as it is, but no matter what I talk about, there's always a level of eye-rolling, snide remarks and general disinterest. They never ask me how i'm getting on, what i'm feeling, or talk to me in general. I'm sitting here in my room crying while writing this, the level of hurt and pain that's been inflicted upon me for no apparent reason is just bubbling over. I don't know what to do, i'm so upset. A new one lately has been saying that I have some form of Autism because i'm shy and don't go out much on account of me trying to succeed at my studies. And as soon as someone comes to visit, it's all happy families. I'm done with trying to hide how I feel, i'm sick of it.

Please someone give me some advice as to what to do. I'm so lost at the moment. :(

This has actually just been building up for ages now. I am so upset, all the time. My family treat me like absolute dirt all of the time. It's constant. Name-calling, sneering, remarks about my personal appearance. I never do any harm, never cause any trouble. It just seems that whatever they know will irritate me, they do. Just for the fun of it. I know this probably sounds like many teenagery ranty posts, but i'm actually ridiculously upset. It seems every day, it's a different name they're calling me, poking fun at some aspect of my appearance, and just genuinely trying to knock down any level of self-esteem I have. It's everyone, my Mother, father, siblings. I'm having a tough enough year doing exams as it is, but no matter what I talk about, there's always a level of eye-rolling, snide remarks and general disinterest. They never ask me how i'm getting on, what i'm feeling, or talk to me in general. I'm sitting here in my room crying while writing this, the level of hurt and pain that's been inflicted upon me for no apparent reason is just bubbling over. I don't know what to do, i'm so upset. A new one lately has been saying that I have some form of Autism because i'm shy and don't go out much on account of me trying to succeed at my studies. And as soon as someone comes to visit, it's all happy families. I'm done with trying to hide how I feel, i'm sick of it.

Please someone give me some advice as to what to do. I'm so lost at the moment. :(
    Jesus, thats awful! I know how it feels to be picked on badly by siblings, its horrible. The only thing you can do is just tell them how bad it is, how they should parents not bullies. They are bullying you, theres no other word for it. Your siblings are just copying what they see your parents doing.
    Outline how much they're hurting you and what failures of human beings and parents they are acting like. Are you in LC or College? If you're in Leaving Cert just think about college next year.
    That's a really awful situation to be in, I guess if you need anyone to talk to pm me. For more advice you should try childline http://www.childline.ie/talk-to-us.aspx They could offer some good advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Thank you lecturer, for filling your lecture with abbreviations and symbols that google and wikipedia don't even know exist! Arghhhhh! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

placement over.... bleh, thought I'd be happy about no more early mornings but everyone was too nice in the hospital. Sigh. Started tearing up when the domestic staff who I always got on so well with were saying bye and wishing me luck in the future (kinda weird that I'll probably not see them again until maybe I graduate or I'm close to..)

Ah well. Onwards and upwards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I know I complain about this far to much but I really just want to carve out my stomach..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I'm so tired, I think it's the last few weeks catching up on me.

I'm so tired, I think it's the last few weeks catching up on me.

Where have you BEEN? I'd thought you'd disappeared from the planet! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Where have you BEEN? I'd thought you'd disappeared from the planet! :P

I actually haven't had a minute in over 3 weeks, and I'm busy for the next few weeks too. :P

I actually haven't had a minute in over 3 weeks, and I'm busy for the next few weeks too. :P

Whacha been up to? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Friend going through break up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

My friend just cancelled our sixth year holiday. :( Not only will I not be going to Amsterdam this summer, I now have a €150 non-refundable flight to deal with.
    :mad: :(

I just got a III for a lab report. And no feedback on where I went wrong. What the actual fuck? Thing is I know my answers were right because my friend gave me a copy of her demonstrators comments. And I spent ages researching the stupid thing because he never explained what was going on. I've been getting firsts all semester, but now this stupid subset of the department are ruining my average; first by refusing to mark one of my assignments and now they're giving shit marks to ones they do decide to correct. It's just so frustrating because I genuinely cannot afford to lose any marks here because the exam is going to be a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

was away in barcalona for a few days, and my fecking purse was stolen with like 200 euro in it -_- arsehole :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Pottermore is driving me batshit crazy. I keep dragging the key into the lock in Gringotts but it wont open. IT WONT OPEN. UUUUGGGGHHHHHH
    And yet I managed to get the key in immediately. :p thought you were gonna kill me there and then for getting it to work:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Dammit, I'm at work and my first exam is just over 24 hours away. Not asking for the time off was such a bad idea. Also got put in to work both next Saturday and Sunday, I spent so long emphasizing how much I neeeeed summer hours and now I really can't do all that, asking for it off is gunna look so bad :-/

Someone please tell me, why did I leave this assignment to the very last day? Seriously, I like this module. The assignment is cool. I'm actually pretty decent at what it requires. But instead of working at it for an hour once or twice a wek over the past 3 weeks I left it till today. :(

Oh failure. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Going through this break up is the hardest time of my life and that includes people dying,failing exams and family members getting cancer.

I really do feel as though my life has fallen apart.
    Trying to be friends is making it so much harder,all I want is him back.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Someone please tell me, why did I leave this assignment to the very last day? Seriously, I like this module. The assignment is cool. I'm actually pretty decent at what it requires. But instead of working at it for an hour once or twice a wek over the past 3 weeks I left it till today. :(

Oh failure. :(

lol, exact same with me although I hate the module and think it's aloada ****e.
    Oh and did I already mention that it's 90% of my module?

lolololololol, FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Hairdresser went crazy thinning out my hair...my hair is now horrible.:(

bought loadsa biscuits and made myself a cuppa tea thinking to myself "yay, this will maake it so much more easy to study.."
    yet instead im just scoffing down the biscuits, finished my cup of tea and I haven't even started back into the assigment but instead browsing facebook....

Getting a premolar pulled tomorrow, and then another one pulled next week - this is just the latest procedure in a long line of torturous dental appointments due to my ridiculously fooked-up gnashers... but no pain, no gain as they say =.= I shall just have to grin and bear it, but that's probably not a smart move, seeing as I'll be so gappy xP

Shhhhhiiiiitttttt!!!!

Just spent an hour and a half talking shíte with my housemates. I don't have time so why did I waste it?

And I just remembered I have to organise a meeting with someone over Co-Op and fill out my CV tomorrow, as well as getting this Assignment done and do an hour of radio. FUUUU-!!!!

People making fun of my height, again...
    I can take a joke as well as anyone else, and I've taken abuse for plenty of different things over the past while and just shrugged it off, but I'm sick of it now.
    I'm short. You're tall - GET OVER YOURSELF. I'm not a dwarf, I don't have any condition or abnormality that prevents me from being a "normal" size - I'm fúcking SHORT. It's not that funny.
    And yet people seem to think it's hilarious to bring it up. All the time. I used to try and laugh about it, but it's beyond a joke at this stage - it's just plain hurtful. :(
    Rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whats wrong with being short? :/
    People are weird

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement