Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

So warm.....can't sleep! :( Its been like this for the past few days, stifling at night! Or maybe I'm just imagining it!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Fell asleep at one last night, woke at half eight. Im going away for a few days and i'm supposed to be getting the 10 o clock bus. I don't have so much as a sock ready to pack and yet I'm sitting here not freaking out.. MUST DO SOMETHING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I've been having a fabulous day :pac:

Half a tooth fell out in the middle of breakfast, I was awake half the night (which only consisted of 4 hours before getting up for work anyway) feeling sick due to either the kidney infection or antibiotics I'm on, my GHD decided that it just can't go on any more, work seem to have decided that the only source of heat in the place, a teeny tiny electric radiator, is not needed any more, and I probably have to work the next 6/7 days in a row.

And its only 10am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My mouth is getting worse. I've found even more ulcers this morning. It's so painful any time I move my mouth so talking, etc is no fun at all. I can't even eat at this stage. If they're not better tomorrow I think I may cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm no doctor, but if I was I'd advocate rinsing your mouth with vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Or Bonjela, hey why not both?

flyswatter wrote: »

Or Bonjela, hey why not both?

The shop near me only had weird paint on type bonjela which just ended up burning the mouth off me. Cost 9 feckin' quid as well. I've been trying salt water which tastes lovely.

If its not better later on I may try the vodka :P worst comes to worst I'll forget about my pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've used vodka before and it did the job on two or three ulcers. Just swish it around like mouthwash for a minute or so. Your face will turn bright red and you'll grimace with pain but it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    The shop near me only had weird paint on type bonjela which just ended up burning the mouth off me. Cost 9 feckin' quid as well. I've been trying salt water which tastes lovely.

If its not better later on I may try the vodka :P worst comes to worst I'll forget about my pain!
    Try baking soda, just dab some on the ulcers, hurts like a bitch but it'll neutralise the acid. Gargling liquid antacid should work too. Also honey is a good antibacterial agent and I hear it's good for pain as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

I think that's the point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Hunger and boredom, a dangerous combination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cheap Argos Mics: Cheap for a Reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Been waiting for dinner all day and it was so disappointing. It's a cruel world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I bought 2 new games today. And I lost them on the way home :mad: knew I should have taken the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cloud493 wrote: »
    I bought 2 new games today. And I lost them on the way home :mad: knew I should have taken the bus.

Aw man, what games were they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Aw man, what games were they?

Kid icarus, and mario kart 3DS :( I had them in a paper bag, and it was raining, so the paper at the bottom got wet and ripped, and I didn't notice till I got home. Retraced my steps, but they were already gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cloud493 wrote: »
    Kid icarus, and mario kart 3DS :( I had them in a paper bag, and it was raining, so the paper at the bottom got wet and ripped, and I didn't notice till I got home. Retraced my steps, but they were already gone.

I fully condone using an R4 card right now, that's balls

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Where I work, they do "standbys", basically they're not sure whether they'll need me or not to work.
    I find out the day beforehand which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to plan things.
    I'm on standby for tomorrow and I haven't been told whether I need to go in or not.
    My boss said she'll ring me in the morning (AT 8:mad:) to tell me what's what.
    So annoyed :L
    This week, I'll be either working 2 days or 5 days, depending on my standbys.
    HATIN' ON THE STANDBYS :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Rip Fishy :(

You were always there for me and will never be forgotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Women are a strange strange species :( -_-

flyswatter wrote: »
    I think that's the point.

It was to the point that it was unbearable though, I don't know if it was from the amount of ulcers I have, trying to get them all in the space of a few minutes or just that I had a reaction to it. They're been worse since.
    Lawliet wrote: »
    Try baking soda, just dab some on the ulcers, hurts like a bitch but it'll neutralise the acid. Gargling liquid antacid should work too. Also honey is a good antibacterial agent and I hear it's good for pain as well

Thanks, I'll give them both a try in the morning :)
    I've used vodka before and it did the job on two or three ulcers. Just swish it around like mouthwash for a minute or so. Your face will turn bright red and you'll grimace with pain but it's worth it.

Hmm sounds delightful. Unfortunately the only spirits that we have in house are variations of rum and I'm not quite sure if they'd have the same effect!

I think I might be allergic to the aquafresh toothpaste that you buy in lidl. From what I can remember a similar thing happened last time I bought it, to a slightly lesser extent, but that damn stuff is going in the bin in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Lads are worse trust me!!!

My throat is all sore and my heads getting stuffy please let it not be something coming on.work is mental so being sick would just ruin the buzz.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

On a similar note - I need somewhere to vent, but my usual outlets are known to the people I need to vent about. >_< Grrrraaaaaarrrrrggghhh.

My throat is all sore and my heads getting stuffy please let it not be something coming on.work is mental so being sick would just ruin the buzz.

No we're not damn you!! :mad:

No we're not damn you!! :mad:

Not in my experience.Lads are far worse though it could just be me being as bitter as a lemon today.also I seem to have duck all social skills with lads these days.

• Advertisement

Not in my experience.Lads are far worse though it could just be me being as bitter as a lemon today.also I seem to have duck all social skills with lads these days.

Maybe we both just find the crazies in the piles and everyone else avoids us because of it................Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa O_O

Maybe we both just find the crazies in the piles and everyone else avoids us because of it................Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa O_O

Methinks I may be crazy in the pile .....

Methinks I may be crazy in the pile .....

This is my crazy pile -_-

Balls to it. We'll find matching crazies :D

The only reason lads come across as crazy is because we're driven demented by the craziness of feckin' women!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The only reason lads come across as crazy is because we're driven demented by the craziness of feckin' women!

To be fair, I turned the crazy corner long before women came into the equation.
    /twitch

• Advertisement

I came into work today to discover that the new bar menu we're doing in the evenings means that we're open until half 10 on week days and half 11 on weekends for food. I really can't see the point in doing it on weekdays. By half 9 we're usually dead. No more getting off early for me anyway. Also we've another staff meeting tomorrow which means I've to come in on my day off. Ugh.

Damn. Looks like my phone won't be delivered until Wednesday. It's only being processed now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

So I woke up at 8 to see if I'd be needed in work... Waited til 8.45 before deciding FOOKIT they don't need me and went back to bed. Grand. Was shopping in town and realised I missed a call from work and had a voicemail. They want me to come in tomorrow on STANDBY, meaning I'd have to do the whole wakeup early **** AGAIN. ON A DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OFF. :mad: Needless to say I said NO. I'm off. *grumbles*

Was buying leggings online and in the 20 mins I was browsing on the site they sold out.Dag nabbit.Can't believe that happened.
    GRRRR.

I really really really want them!

Was buying leggings online and in the 20 mins I was browsing on the site they sold out.Dag nabbit.Can't believe that happened.
    GRRRR.

I really really really want them!

Are they magical leggings?

Galaxy Leggings.

http://www.boohoo.com/leggings/rachel-galaxy-print-leggings/invt/azz63806\
    Theese are 14 euro but sold out.

http://www.blackmilkclothing.com/collections/leggings/products/galaxy-purple-leggings
    These are 75 Australian dollars but in stock.

Do you see my conundrum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I typed up a really long PM on my iPod in response to someone looking for Leaving Cert-related advice. Clicked send and it wouldn't work, an error (505 I think) thingy came up. Thankfully it was all still there when I clicked back (it's always like that on iPods, probably on computers too but I'm still almost surprised when it is). So I copied it to send later, and left the iPod down. Came back later and copied something else to paste - pretty much a sentence so it was tiny compared to the PM. Now I have to redo the entire PM. Major aargh.

Someone needs to make it possible to get back information when you accidentally undo the copy by copying something else. Happens to me too often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Galaxy Leggings.

http://www.blackmilkclothing.com/collections/leggings/products/galaxy-purple-leggings

Do you see my conundrum!

YOU MUST BUY THEM. They are awesome, I must get my gf to buy them, so I can sit and stare at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Well that was 8 soul killing hours at work today. It's like eternity in that shop, horrific. Thank gosh I have something to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Galaxy Leggings.

Do you see my conundrum!

As far as i know leggings like that are in penneys atm for like €8, I bought a pair a few weeks ago, not sure if theyre still there or not though :/

• Advertisement

Indiego wrote: »

As far as i know leggings like that are in penneys atm for like €8, I bought a pair a few weeks ago, not sure if theyre still there or not though :/

Oh deadly,I'll have a look thanks.im tempted by the Black Milk ones because they're well made and last but I don't know how much wear I'd get out of them realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Ate very out of date salad cream by mistake and now I feel sick. Last time I try be healthy and eat salad!

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Ate very out of date salad cream by mistake and now I feel sick. Last time I try be healthy and eat salad!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

UGH!

I actually got a dose of the dry-heaves after reading that.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

UGH!

I actually got a dose of the dry-heaves after reading that.

:eek::eek::eek:

Think how I felt, it was 4 months out of date :(

Togepi wrote: »
    I typed up a really long PM on my iPod in response to someone looking for Leaving Cert-related advice. Clicked send and it wouldn't work, an error (505 I think) thingy came up. Thankfully it was all still there when I clicked back (it's always like that on iPods, probably on computers too but I'm still almost surprised when it is). So I copied it to send later, and left the iPod down. Came back later and copied something else to paste - pretty much a sentence so it was tiny compared to the PM. Now I have to redo the entire PM. Major aargh.

I did the exact same thing again earlier except it was for answering Meowth's ridonkulously long list of questions in the Playpen. This time there was no error, the page just reloaded itself when I went back to that tab.

*Twitches*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    I did the exact same thing again earlier except it was for answering Meowth's ridonkulously long list of questions in the Playpen. This time there was no error, the page just reloaded itself when I went back to that tab.

*Twitches*

You said you wanted a lot of questions :P You asked for it :P :pac:

sowwie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Two Pokémon talking to each other?! :eek:

tZOS8.gif

:pac:

My laptop speakers seem to be f**ked. When nothing's playing it sounds like there's static in the back (faint but audible) It's even worse when wearing headphones with quiet music.

If you can imagine the kind of static that used to be on old cassette players back int' day.

Meowth wrote: »
    You said you wanted a lot of questions :P You asked for it :P :pac:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="White"]sowwie [/COLOR][/SIZE]

We have a different definition of a long list then...

Jokes! :P I loved all the questions it was just an aaarrrgghh when my fantastic answers were lost. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Two Pokémon talking to each other?! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement