Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I'm ronery.

Maybe watching Team America: World Police will cheer me up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

well no i wouldn't say i'd like people to be panicking. I just would have thought news like this might have garnered more attention in the good old newsfeed.

Not that anything is likely to happen even after the declaration. but life in the south must be awful tense at the moment.

According to reports their as calm as a summers day. Apparently there well prepared and the war between then has technically never ended so they are always on alert. Sure at the border their currently shooting at eachother. No doubt in the last 48hrs things have defo tensed up but nothing that's going to scare them

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Spent 5 minutes arguing with a bouncer over my ID. After walking away i realized i gave him my Disneyland pass...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Taking the day off from everything because I've had an immensely productive yet simultaneously horrible week and I'm just drained after it (I haaaaate school holidays when you're obliged to study, there's just no point) but I just want summer so badly, this day is giving me a taster of how wonderful it is to laze around all day and watch films and read and listen to music and just aaah summer is so far away. Need it now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yet again I've taken on way too much. I'm away until Wednesday, then straight into work on Thursday morning pretty much nonstop until Sunday because one of the guys had a baby and I've to cover. I also have to make a cake for 60 people for Saturday night, have two presentations next week that I haven't had a chance to start and then need to try and sort out work placement for college which is also going to put my actual job in jeopardy. I'm so unbelievably stressed that I doubt I'm going to enjoy the last two days of being away. I hate this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It makes me sad that out of all my fb friends there has only been one person who popped up in my newsfeed posting about whats happening over in korea. I mean here is a rogue state with access to nukes declaring war. Ridiulous as the n. koreans are and how empty the threat ould be. You'd think the threat would at least garner some attention. Yet everyone is more concerned with what cormac is getting up to on tallyfornia and the injustice of pubs being closed are people aware of anything?.
    North Korea making threats is almost as boring at this stage as the EU entering a new sort of monetary crisis. If they fired a nuke they'd be blown to kingdom come by the US, and they know that well. Sure, they might shell a few islands or fire a few torpedoes and then deny it like a naughty child. But nukes? They're all bark and no bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I hate the LC. I hate that I simultaneously do and don't want to audition for a musical and it kills me to even think about it. I hate my procrastination stopping me from studying. I hate studying itself. I hate overanalysing everything. I hate under analysing other things. I hate being awkward and shy. I hate being loud and stroppy. I hate people not listening to me. I hate it when I say stupid things. I hate being inside my head.
    Rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Oooh dear. My little sister just said she'd like to start going to Wezz...

and-so-it-begins-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

...oh, and for a second arrgh in a row, my absolutely decrepit, half blind, half deaf pet bunny rabbit for the last 14 years died last night.

Like, he's better off and all now tbh, but I'm sad today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've hit a wall with this module again. I really just don't know anymore whether it's just this one module, or whether I'm not cut out for this course. The thought that even if I scrape a pass in this I'll have a second semester of it in September and if I fail that I'll basically have wasted four years of my life is genuinely distressing.

And yeah I know, stick at it, head down, persevere, if you want it bad enough you'll do it, yadda yadda yadda. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I was playing a soccer match night and there was a group of little knackers on the sideline. That was grand until I ran past them one stage and they started shouting "Jimmy Savile!" at me, followed by "kiddy fiddler" amongst other things. I think I need a haircut...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Exams.

I am so unprepared and I have exams in two weeks, I am seriously freaking out at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Job hunting is horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I was playing a soccer match night and there was a group of little knackers on the sideline. That was grand until I ran past them one stage and they started shouting "Jimmy Savile!" at me, followed by "kiddy fiddler" amongst other things. I think I need a haircut...

keep it long if that's what your'e happy with. if some future dole scobes have nothing better to do than slag your hair well then screw them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Well, you are a Handsome Divil...

• Advertisement

Im not trying to make it sound like im better than you. But all i want is for you to care for the music. have a bit of pride in the way you download it. You wouldn't go and buy a clone of the best selling phone out there or the top sports car because you know it wouldnt be as great as the real thing so why download music in a rubbish way. just spending an extra 5 minutes to find the song your looking for in real mp3 rather than just taking the first version that appears on YouTube.

I used to be one of those people but i developed a great love for the detail of songs that i love to hear every beat, bass, drum and knock, thanks to my uber favorite Artist. My table should be vibrating from the beat, my legs will feel the rhythm climb up them . Do people not care about how your body and soul should be sucked into the sound of the music. just floating away. have people forgotten? Is it just a case of oh i like this song i will download it so i just listen to it. do people not want to be passionate about their music and what it means to them. My music is my voice. I will describe the kind of person i am, and show me who i am.

Fair enough if my music is not to your liking DONT Judge it. Its apart of our lives and makes us who we are. Just listen to the detail the way it moves in surround sound formation moving from one ear to the next taking you away from your problems just for that short while to let you escape.

So thats why i asked you to stop downloading youtube video and start looking for the high detailed quality mp3 or AAC. Im not trying to be better than you im just asking you to have some pride.

/rant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Jhcx wrote: »
    Im not trying to make it sound like im better than you. But all i want is for you to care for the music. have a bit of pride in the way you download it. You wouldn't go and buy a clone of the best selling phone out there or the top sports car because you know it wouldnt be as great as the real thing so why download music in a rubbish way. just spending an extra 5 minutes to find the song your looking for in real mp3 rather than just taking the first version that appears on YouTube.

I used to be one of those people but i developed a great love for the detail of songs that i love to hear every beat, bass, drum and knock, thanks to my uber favorite Artist. My table should be vibrating from the beat, my legs will feel the rhythm climb up them . Do people not care about how your body and soul should be sucked into the sound of the music. just floating away. have people forgotten? Is it just a case of oh i like this song i will download it so i just listen to it. do people not want to be passionate about their music and what it means to them. My music is my voice. I will describe the kind of person i am, and show me who i am.

Fair enough if my music is not to your liking DONT Judge it. Its apart of our lives and makes us who we are. Just listen to the detail the way it moves in surround sound formation moving from one ear to the next taking you away from your problems just for that short while to let you escape.

So thats why i asked you to stop downloading youtube video and start looking for the high detailed quality mp3 or AAC. Im not trying to be better than you im just asking you to have some pride.

/rant :)

I always look for higher quality music files if possible. From reading your first few sentences I thought it was going to be about piracy.

I've done it in the past but I actually wouldn't mind if torrent and warez sites were outlawed completely now. People aren't entitled to free music and artists are suffering as a result. I'd rather buy the music and support the musicians, having been exposed to the bigger picture.

Sorry for going slightly off tangent there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Okay I spoke too soon. After CPR and everything sadly the second and third kittens didn't survive, I think they were too big and Charcoal (the mammy) was too small. We still have little Mini me though, she's the only one out of the 3 that was all black like Charcoal, the other two (who we named Buttons and Simba) were black and white.

I shall upload a picture of mammy and baby soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Okay I spoke too soon. After CPR and everything sadly the second and third kittens didn't survive, I think they were too big and Charcoal (the mammy) was too small. We still have little Mini me though, she's the only one out of the 3 that was all black like Charcoal, the other two (who we named Buttons and Simba) were black and white.
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully Mini will persevere :) Picture should be suitably adorable!

I feel like I'll be one of those people that come out and reflect that yeah Sixth Year was the best school year of my life but dear lawd there are some sh*tty parts to it. My life is nothing short of a shambles at the moment and I don't even know anymore. Failing to make sense of anything. Assuming foetal position.

• Advertisement

So, going to fail my exams....yep.

So, going to fail my exams....yep.

Not as badly as me, don't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I went to Limerick for the last few days as my roomie Ash had a free house and invited me up to keep her company for a while and also decided to throw a bit of a party for the PharmCrew aswell. Went up Wednesday and had an epic start when the lad I've kinda been with collected me from the bus,collected Ash and her friend and drove to her house. Class, I thought. How wrong I was.

Got to my Ash's house, had bants for ages etc, slept, etc etc etc. Collected our friends from train and bus station approx 6pm Thurs and myself and Ash's roomie,N. Grand. Got back to Ash's, got dressed blah blah. All the amis arrived, and N had a lot of drink,Jack D, vodka, a 70cl of Smirnoff Ice- notgood.

Anyways, it hit ~9.30pm and she was fair drunk and knowing what she's like-crying drunk- I told her to stop drinking, that she wasn't to be crying tonight, advice she swiftly ignored.

Got to Angel Lane, grand. Got a text to say I was needed because N was so drunk. Collected her, brought her downstairs, PAID for water for her, anything to help get her sober.

She was bawling crying and giving me abuse that I don't like her as much as my other roomies, that I make no effort with her when I'm the one in the apartment who tries the hardest. Always inviting her with us if we're going out, asked her to live with us next year, travel down on buses and trains etc. She started roaring at me,despite I was the only one who cared enough to waste my night trying to help a drunken fool who already had ignored my advice. I was getting fair mad at this stage because it's typical her.

She then goes that she's worried about me. And I'm like "What? Why?! I'm grand, dafuq you on about?". She then informs me that she's been looking up my Boards posts for months and reading them all behind my back and showing my other roomies.

I'm ashamed to say I flipped out. Total invasion of privacy. I spend my time, so much of it since the start of the year, trying to help this low self esteem fool, working so hard to help her and in return, she spies on me.

Words cannot describe how angry, hurt and upset I am. I did nothing but try be nice to that girl and in turn, I get abuse hurled at me, roared at and my efforts thrown back in my face.

Study month is going to be great.

/rant

Why do we listen to people. i should stick by my own rule "if its gone its Fcking gone deal with it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Leaving a significant portion of my project to be completed on the last two days was a terrible idea... why do I let this **** happen? :mad:

EDIT: I just noticed my post is the first on page #666 (for those with 15 posts per page)... is this bad? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Listening to that 16 year old with terminal cancer on The Saturday Night Show has left me in tears. I can't even imagine what it's like to be handed a death sentence at such a young age (Not that being handed one at any age is any better). Just thinking of all the things involved in growing up that I took (and still take) for granted that he'll never get to do. Even the simple things in life like sitting outside on a nice day, feeling the sun and the breeze on your skin. Imagine never being able to do that again. How do you even begin to comprehend that? Life is so strange and unfair at times, it really doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Listening to that 16 year old with terminal cancer on The Saturday Night Show has left me in tears. I can't even imagine what it's like to be handed a death sentence at such a young age (Not that being handed one at any age is any better). Just thinking of all the things involved in growing up that I took (and still take) for granted that he'll never get to do. Even the simple things in life like sitting outside on a nice day, feeling the sun and the breeze on your skin. Imagine never being able to do that again. How do you even begin to comprehend that? Life is so strange and unfair at times, it really doesn't make sense.

Having met Donal and trying to train him at a rowing camp, he truely is a legend. There is not one person in Tralee who does not know and appreciate the person that he is <3 I remember him not being able to do some of the activities due to his leg but still being a cheeky fecker, messing continuously and having the bants.

He is an inspiration. Words cannot describe how he has changed the lives of the people he's met.

Family weddings make for baaaad hangovers :(

49 hours in work next week should be a yeah but everyone is a night shift, and instead of them being spread over five days there are two half shifts which makes it six five am finishes on the trot. I expect to look and feel like something out of the walking dead come next monday morning.

EDIT: due to a lovely 3pm phone call. six days has turned into seven plus the four in a row i've just had. Just as i texting people to make plans for my lully day off too. Darn me being too nice to refuse to cover. 11 day working week for the win! :(

Watching home and away and they show next days(Weeks) episode and its like "You can't do that!"

• Advertisement

Watching home and away and they show next days(Weeks) episode and its like "You can't do that!"

/avoids RTE Player/

Cheers. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    /avoids RTE Player/

Cheers. :)

Na i think your lucky on RTE they show the credits. Its the Aus version thats the problem.

Made my pastry too sticky, and I'd no flour to change it. All went in the bin, dammit!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Uhh I cant deal.
    I need a bigger brain or head or something to fit the million things I have swirling through my mind right now

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I am so sick if everything! I have a throat infection and a constant head ache, I don't sleep anymore due to constant worry that I'm going to fail my LC and let myself and family down, my Irish oral is next week and I want to focus on that but teachers decide now is a great time to pile on the home work and more exams and don't get me started on my geography project! I just want to do the lc and have it over with and let me move on to the next stage In life. I feel like i have completely out grown secondary school and its a strange place to be now and i certainly will not miss it. I want summer holidays and I want them now.

/rant

I've walked myself into a love triangle and I'm about to rip myself apart emotionally I'm weak at this. And all this talk of cancer lately is starting to scare the crap out of me, feeling bumps and pains on my back and have no idea if I'm over reacting or should go to the doctor. Don't think I can handle putting myself into a state thinking about death. Bad enough people keep talking about making a will. I'm too young to be wishing my future away Id like to live for good while I'm scared of death life just suddenly gone? "Just going to sleep" eh fk off please :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've walked myself into a love triangle and I'm about to rip myself apart emotionally I'm weak at this. And all this talk of cancer lately is starting to scare the crap out of me, feeling bumps and pains on my back and have no idea if I'm over reacting or should go to the doctor. Don't think I can handle putting myself into a state thinking about death. Bad enough people keep talking about making a will. I'm too young to be wishing my future away Id like to live for good while I'm scared of death life just suddenly gone? "Just going to sleep" eh fk off please :(

If it's a serious concern then go to the doctor; no point putting it off for ages, you'll only worry yourself into a worse state.

I'm so broke. I just had a bowl of microwave popcorn and a chewing gum for breakfast...

*continues job hunt*

EDIT: To be fair it's my own fault for being ****e at managing my money, but I currently have none and that's what matters right now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I've had far far more caffeine than I ever should have had and now I'm more hyper than a box of rabid squirrels also I forgot how to use commas

• Advertisement

Ah procrastination, it's been a while since we hung out! :)

I'm so broke. I just had a bowl of microwave popcorn and a chewing gum for breakfast...

*continues job hunt*

EDIT: To be fair it's my own fault for being ****e at managing my money, but I currently have none and that's what matters right now :P

I JUST GOT A PHONECALL ABOUT AN INTERVIEW!!! It's just in a supervalu but it's an interview and it's on Saturday and YAY!!!!!!

I JUST GOT A PHONECALL ABOUT AN INTERVIEW!!! It's just in a supervalu but it's an interview and it's on Saturday and YAY!!!!!!

Woooo! If my own interview was anything to go by you're more than likely in. :D

Sure might as well aaaarrrggghhhh while I'm here - orals are ruining my life, or are at least a mild-moderate irritant. Aaaargh etc.

Student raceday in limerick tonight. Work was as messy as I expected Hundreds of students in, each about 6 pints or vodka + red bulls past their limit.

There was a fairly awful incident. Some fella dropped his money and as he bent down to pick it up he lost his balance and fell forward into another student. nothing serious just a slight bump. so your man turns around and instead of just ignoring it , or maybe telling him to watch where he's stumbling , like a reasonable person since after all it was an accident. no, he instead bends down, clamps his jaw around your mans ear and tears half of this poor fellas ear off with his teeth.

So now this fool is gonna probably face an assault charge, fines and since it was student race day and both involved were students maybe the college could end up involved and he could end up expelled for all his trouble. all because some drunk fella stumbled when he reached for his cash and he decided to act like a thug.

Drink is slowly but surely losing all appeal it has for me. it causes nothing but bloody trouble.

on a sidenote seeing a severed ear in a cup of ice is quite a surreal sight.

bends down, clamps his jaw around your mans ear and tears half of this poor fellas ear off with his teeth.

:eek:

JESUS!

I thought it was just gonna be a bad scrap or something in the build up to that sentence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Wtf is wrong with people. Getting in a fight is one thing, biting someone's ear off is another. Alcohol or not that's unbelievable. Imo he deserves to be arrested for that and I hope he was and that the victim presses charges. I'm actually in shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

on a sidenote seeing a severed ear in a cup of ice is quite a surreal sight.

Did someone try to drink that too?

Mike Tyson would be proud!

Mike Tyson would be proud!

I was waiting for that comparison. :pac:

And on that, arrgh must ride off into the sunset.

Locked. New thread here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement