Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

http://oceanup.com/2011/september/30/one-direction-huge-ticket-demand
    As insignificant as it is.
    SO STRESSED OUT

I need 6 tickets, theyre all counting on me :/ I have 3 laptops and a phone going at 10am tomorrow tho.. Here hoping :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

UL TBH.
    Nah, WIT's where it's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I just don't even know anymore. I'm tired, so very tired.

I think I'm alienating quite a lot of people. I don't know what to do. I'm not doing it on purpose, but I am...if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

So tired, can't sleep, work in the morning.
    Doesn't make for a very happy Skintwin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I woke up feeling pretty okay this morning. Then my mum rang. And she wonders why I never answer my phone.

• Advertisement

I dont even know if I have tickets. As of now I have 6. 3 and 3. But we used the same credit card and billing info for the 6 and we're now after reading "Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster at its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card." So my friend, after I spotting our mistake rang up ticketmaster customer care with her dad and the woman told them that the management will be there Monday and they can decide to cancel the transaction or not, but that we'd get an email Monday if they were too. And not to ring again coz they cant be persuaded otherwise but that we were only 2 over the limit and that there probably would be more serious offences of like 8 or 10 over. But then they asked could they just change the billing address and card number etc and she said no. |:

So yea we have 3 tickets for defo, and Ill know by midnight Tuesday if we have 6 :/ Feckin sake, thought these nerves were done with... Gonna end up being a proper cat fight for whoever gets them.. Tho personally think me and the friend who act booked them deserve them the most...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

deise_girl wrote: »
    I dont even know if I have tickets. As of now I have 6. 3 and 3. But we used the same credit card and billing info for the 6 and we're now after reading "Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster at its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card." So my friend, after I spotting our mistake rang up ticketmaster customer care with her dad and the woman told them that the management will be there Monday and they can decide to cancel the transaction or not, but that we'd get an email Monday if they were too. And not to ring again coz they cant be persuaded otherwise but that we were only 2 over the limit and that there probably would be more serious offences of like 8 or 10 over. But then they asked could they just change the billing address and card number etc and she said no. |:

So yea we have 3 tickets for defo, and Ill know by midnight Tuesday if we have 6 :/ Feckin sake, thought these nerves were done with... Gonna end up being a proper cat fight for whoever gets them.. Tho personally think me and the friend who act booked them deserve them the most...

Eeh they'll cancel all 6 if they decide to cancel the order :/

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Eeh they'll cancel all 6 if they decide to cancel the order :/

Noo coz it was in 2 separate transactions, she did it 2 mins after me on another computer with a diff account just the same credit card! The woman said we'd only lose 3 |: Well I hope..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tbh youd never know with ticketmaster what theyd do. Could be 0,could be 3, could be 6.
    I learned a long time ago to never try and get everyones tickets. Too much hassle. I get mine & maybe 1 more. Everyone else can sort themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

deise_girl wrote: »
    Noo coz it was in 2 separate transactions, she did it 2 mins after me on another computer with a diff account just the same credit card! The woman said we'd only lose 3 |: Well I hope..

I dunno normally they'd cancel them all cos they think its touts trynna sell all the tickets on for above the rsp!

• Advertisement

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Tbh youd never know with ticketmaster what theyd do. Could be 0,could be 3, could be 6.
    I learned a long time ago to never try and get everyones tickets. Too much hassle. I get mine & maybe 1 more. Everyone else can sort themselves

But then you'd be on your own? :confused:
    Ticketmaster and concerts suck. Never again tbh, if I make it to Tuesday without fainting/heart attack/severe anxiety we're doing well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Never bothered me. I was on my own for Glastonbury this year. Much better without other peoples scedules & you always find people! (I got kidnapped by Geordies & force fed beer)

I dunno normally they'd cancel them all cos they think its touts trynna sell all the tickets on for above the rsp!

Might be easier at this point to get none....
    So all week I remained not getting excited coz Id have to wait till Saturday to know, now I must not get excited and wait till Monday some point, and they mightent even send it to my email, they could send it to my friends so I wouldnt find out till even longer. Ho hum pigs bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Mega Chin wrote: »
    I got kidnapped by Geordies & force fed beer

Poor you. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Forever? :eek:

Nope not forever. Provisionally for a few months but we'll see what happens. Could be longer / shorter. Who knows... Seeing as how you're on a year out you should come too!!! :P
    Namlub wrote: »
    Take with you? :(
    I need details, how long are you going for, where are you going etc.

Going back to where I was before. I have some friends there and really loved it. Going to study the language for a little while and we'll see. Come along if you like!!!

Feeling well scared about it right now though. My stomach is sick. I have a little romance running in the sidelines too which just puts everything into a different light and honestly it's that that is making me more nervous/scared about going back than anything else. So many what ifs...
    :(:eek::confused::eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm disgusted, I was looking for something to wear tonight and found the nicest dress I've seen for ages in A Wear, and it was so pretty on, but it had one of those really short flippy hems and I'd have been afraid to even sneeze for the whole night because it would have shown too much. I am now wearing an inferior dress from Penneys...

Also I am in no mood for town in the rain and the effort of getting ready, bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Nope not forever. Provisionally for a few months but we'll see what happens. Could be longer / shorter. Who knows... Seeing as how you're on a year out you should come too!!! :P

Going back to where I was before. I have some friends there and really loved it. Going to study the language for a little while and we'll see. Come along if you like!!!

Feeling well scared about it right now though. My stomach is sick. I have a little romance running in the sidelines too which just puts everything into a different light and honestly it's that that is making me more nervous/scared about going back than anything else. So many what ifs...
    :(:eek::confused::eek::(

Best of luck ohthebaby, I really hope it all works out for you. Have you left college or are you just taking a year out or going to decide in a few months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

4 and a half hours of sleep is now catching up with me. Today was quiet unproductive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Lost my pencil case in UL with my very expensive tech drawing pens and markers :(

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Best of luck ohthebaby, I really hope it all works out for you. Have you left college or are you just taking a year out or going to decide in a few months?

Thank you! I've just taken a year out so we'll see what happens. I'm a bundle of nerves but also so excited but scared but will be happy. It's all go in here this weather with people dropping out, starting new courses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Chest Infection. Aaaaahhh ****.

ahahahah some drunk guy hopped into the bacj of the cAR asking for a lift to bishopsstown and I'M the one that gets given out to fork telling him to get the fuck out (exact wors) lawds

ahahahah some drunk guy hopped into the bacj of the cAR asking for a lift to bishopsstown and I'M the one that gets given out to fork telling him to get the fuck out (exact wors) lawds

How much have you had?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

One of my oldest friend's mum's has been battling cancer for about ten years. After having gotten over breast and arm cancer it has now spread to her brain. While they're kind of hopeful I just can't help but worry about how much chances decline each time you get it especially with it in the brain. She's only 19, her sister is 15 and her brother is 10. My heart is breaking for them and there's nothing I can do to help.

Cancer's a bítch.

How much have you had?
    I spent approx 0 euro at the actual 18, pre drinks ftw
    but i aplolgise for the typing, youll all get the gist of my story though...apprently theres no excuse fot swearing in front of my parents

but i aplolgise for the typing, youll all get the gist of my story though...apprently theres no excuse fot swearing in front of my parents

Too much, I take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

you're some gas woman! :pac: You were too right namlub, too right! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

WHY did I say I'd work tomorrow? I'm up to my eyeballs in the French revolution. :mad::(:(

I'm just mad/upset at nyself...

I've left and I've just realised that I left an old, fully charged phone turned on in my bedroom that contains quite a lot of messages that I'd rather my family didn't see. Oh no. This is going to be so so so awful. ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I've left and I've just realised that I left an old, fully charged phone turned on in my bedroom that contains quite a lot of messages that I'd rather my family didn't see. Oh no. This is going to be so so so awful. ****.

Phones die :D

Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh sleeping tablet hasnt worked >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

:( Can you tell a technophobic family member that its broke and needs to be turned off and on to work again? If it has a pin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Where in your bedroom did you leave it? Will they deff find it?

What is it with parents and wanting to snoop through phones and facebook..such an invasion of privacy! I had an appointment a few months ago, and my mum dropped me off. I decided I'd leave my phone in the car, so I turned it off and shoved it in the glove compartment.

When I got back in to the car after, I went to turn on my phone, and found that someone (mum:rolleyes:) had already tried to turn it on, but couldn't access it because of my pin code. I mean ffs, I was 18 at the time, a little respect for my privacy wouldn't go astray!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

My match is off, for the second week in a row!

Damn rain! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

My laptop's being really stupid! :(

I think it's since I tried full screen view on the browser... The end of the page is shoved under the taskbar if the window is maximized :( Like this:

12a5a.png

So I can't see any of the notification things like the one in this picture! And I don't know how to fix it :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Crap Birthday :(

• Advertisement

I think it's since I tried full screen view on the browser... The end of the page is shoved under the taskbar if the window is maximized :( Like this:

12a5a.png

So I can't see any of the notification things like the one in this picture! And I don't know how to fix it :'(
    Have you tried closing the browser and opening it again?

Rightclick the taskbar, click properties, tick the "Auto-Hide the Taskbar" box, apply.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Have you tried closing the browser and opening it again?

Yeah I tried it there, but no such luck! :(
    Rightclick the taskbar, click properties, tick the "Auto-Hide the Taskbar" box, apply.

That does help kinda, but ideally it would be back to the browser window ending just at the top of the taskbar when full screen is off and the window is maximized normally, so they don't overlap.

It's not thaaat big a deal, it's just a bit of an inconvenience :P

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

12a5a.png

HAve you tried another browser like Chrome or Opera?
    Or indeed another app? Or does this happen with all apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Getting a cold. :( The last thing I need!

• Advertisement

HAve you tried another browser like Chrome or Opera?
    Or indeed another app? Or does this happen with all apps?

Nahh, sure internet explorer is the best!! :D

It happened with folders and windows media player too!

Buuuut there's nothing that restarting the computer doesn't solve :cool: Problem solved :)

Nahh, sure internet explorer is the best!! :D
    Firefox FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I feel so sick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

4pm: Oh I know what I'll do, I'll do my homework! Gwan Slow Show, making mature choices since 1995.

4.15 pm: Doing English homework dutifully, almost somewhat appreciating Adrienne Rich (almost, most men aren't thaaaaat bad Mrs Rich).

4.20 pm: OMG not all of my personal responses are in my folder, we can't have that, better go hunt for every single one of them and arrange them in chronological order.

4.40 pm: Return to English homework, write two lines, realise I hate everything about the next poem on the agenda, and decide that it's time to do some obair bhaile as Gaeilge.

4.45 pm: Looks at Irish homework that would be difficult enough to do in English, resists the urge to cry, and decides it's time to French it up.

5.00 pm: This is hard, Google Translate would be useful. Nothing could ever go wrong with Google Translate...

Ninety minutes later I'm still here...this wouldn't be such a bad thing if it didn't happen every single Sunday. Skul sux guyz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Slow Show wrote: »
    4pm: Oh I know what I'll do, I'll do my homework! Gwan Slow Show, making mature choices since 1995.

4.15 pm: Doing English homework dutifully, almost somewhat appreciating Adrienne Rich (almost, most men aren't thaaaaat bad Mrs Rich).

4.20 pm: OMG not all of my personal responses are in my folder, we can't have that, better go hunt for every single one of them and arrange them in chronological order.

4.40 pm: Return to English homework, write two lines, realise I hate everything about the next poem on the agenda, and decide that it's time to do some obair bhaile as Gaeilge.

4.45 pm: Looks at Irish homework that would be difficult enough to do in English, resists the urge to cry, and decides it's time to French it up.

5.00 pm: This is hard, Google Translate would be useful. Nothing could ever go wrong with Google Translate...

Ninety minutes later I'm still here...this wouldn't be such a bad thing if it didn't happen every single Sunday. Skul sux guyz.

Scary how that's almost exactly how I used to "study" for the leaving..... I'll tell you something though, no ones notes were as organised as mine by the time the exam came around....shame I never read half of them. :pac:

I once heard Adrienne Rich's poetry being described as "like putting your testicles in a vice.". And that was by an English teacher who was on the Countdown to 4/06 programme on 2FM every year. :P
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Alas, I've been telling myself the same thing for the past four weeks..... that graphics book I spent 60quid on still lays untouched on my desk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Went out in Dublin last night and I remember ridiculously little of it. Must remember to eat something before I go out next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

MP3 player was put in the wash :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Have to register for Spring semester back at UL tomorrow. Looks like it's back to absolutely dire lectures very, very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh friends :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement