Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Work due for Monday:
    - 1500 word report on Disability affecting the built environment. Printed.
    - Powerpoint presentation on Bulk, Young's, and Shear moduli.
    - MathCAD thing on aforementioned topic, plus hooke's law and a bunch of other stuff.
    - A load of probability questions.
    - 6 pointless spreadsheets which account for 20% of my computing grade.
    - Chemistry lab book to be completed.
    - An uncounted number of component projections.

And all this was piled on me in three days.
    I'll have to come into college tomorrow to do the mathCAD, as I don't have it on any of my home computers.

All Sleep deferred until Monday night. Goodbye weekend.

Work due for Monday:
    -Remember to bring in hardy bucks dvd to watch in majority of classes
    -Bring in chicken fillets for home ec module thing.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Hungry and in the library with no food. Stoopid main rest closing early today:( I also have to retype my Soc essay as I saved it on Microsoft Office instead of Open Office. (I dont have MO on my laptop) Nil impressed. I cant find information that I want either. Blaaaaah... I need comfort food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Hungry and in the library with no food. Stoopid main rest closing early today:( I also have to retype my Soc essay as I saved it on Microsoft Office instead of Open Office. (I dont have MO on my laptop) Nil impressed. I cant find information that I want either. Blaaaaah... I need comfort food!

You can open .doc files in Open office, no?

You can open .doc files in Open office, no?

If its saved as Microsoft office and you want to edit it, you cant unless you actually have Microsoft office installed.

If its saved as Microsoft office and you want to edit it, you cant unless you actually have Microsoft office installed.

Ive opened .docs in Libre Office (Open Office's succesor) and edited them plenty of times :) Dont worry!!

Ive opened .docs in Libre Office (Open Office's succesor) and edited them plenty of times :) Dont worry!!

It wont work for me :(

It wont work for me :(

Theres no reason it shouldnt? Perhaps try LibreOffice? Open Office isnt updated anymore AFAIK anyhow so you might as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Work due for Monday:

I want to punch you, with my fist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Work due for Monday:

You have no idea how tempted I am to ban you right now.

Work due for mon-weds

- All my culinary vocabulary that we've done through out the semester (about 15 words a week, most answers are paragraphs)
    - 1500 word meal review
    - Kitchen and larder portfolio, which is up to 20,000 words and 125 pages so far
    - Pastry portfolio which is 16,000 words at the moment
    - Exam Monday morning on everything we've done for the semester
    - Kitchen and larder practical exam Tuesday
    - Pastry practical exam wednesday

It's gonna be a fun few days!

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    - Pastry portfolio which is 16,000 words at the moment

I don't think I could write 20 words about pastries, never mind 16,000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Work due for Monday:

Dude... I hate your school -_-

Due next week:
    - 2 20 page work experience reports
    - 20 minute presentation on film genres
    - Irish debate prep
    - Essay on the history of Gaa
    - 2 art projects ( that will take me days to do each because Im a goddamn perfectionist :o)
    - 5 ECDL tests that I need to study for
    - Build a mini hydroelectric generator type thingymajig
    - Woodwork project

My school takes TY way too seriously, and Ill get in **** if I dont do the work -__-

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

Work due for Monday:

I want your life right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Work due for Monday:

If you're wise, you'll use the fire exit at the back to leave quietly.....

Work for Next Week:
    - Study for a Systems Analysis exam which I've never been fully comfortable with the material
    - Study for a Computer Graphics exam, a module which so far I've gotten 8/40% and will be hard pressed to get a compensatory fail in.
    - Study for an Object Oriented Development exam, which should be ok, but at the same time could rape me violently.
    - Buy christmas presents for my entire family, even though I've no idea what to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Download office starter; it's free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Work for next week:

4 exams, all worth 100% of their modules (no continuous assessment).

The first one, I have just figured out, has no less than 900 slides for me to attempt to get through. Of this I have gone through about 100, and understand, er, about 7. /o\

S'alright TY'rs, I'd probably moan if I was in your position too :pac: When you're sitting that ECDL though, just remember us poor college people :(

S'alright TY'rs, I'd probably moan if I was in your position too :pac: When you're sitting that ECDL though, just remember us poor college people :(

Im not really moaning, just pissed at the fact that this is supposed to be a year with less emphasis on written work, blah blah blah, and all we get is goddamn written work XD

I feel so sorry for all of ye with your 1,000,000 page essay things XD I dread these tiny little projects we get.. Gonna die in 2 years time XD

I'm actually not enjoying TY guys myself, more work then third year and physics and chemistry are bitches of subjects.

That said you college guys are much worse off then me, don't get me wrong I count my blessings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I haven't wrote more than half a page so far this year <3

Buuuut I failed careers, because I never did my presentation because we ran out of time in the class, like seriously, failing me because you were going to slow, Grrrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Complete and utter lack of motivation for my Christmas tests.... T minus 5 days to launch and absolutely no study done. Oh shizz!

• Advertisement

I have a music exam tomorrow...
    I know my pieces reasonably well, and the theory, but holybajaysus do I suck at leaning scales... I think I know about 6 out of the 12 I need to know.. Im a nervous wreck atm.. :/

I haven't wrote more than half a page so far this year <3

Buuuut I failed careers, because I never did my presentation because we ran out of time in the class, like seriously, failing me because you were going to slow, Grrrrrr :mad:

Oh no! Not careers!!!! Dun-dun-DUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!

That fail will hang over you for the rest of your life no you know?

"Do you take this person to be your lawfully wedded wife/husband(username = ambiguous sorry :pac: )"
    "I d-"
    "STOP EVERYTHING!!! THEY GOT AN F IN TY CAREERS!!!"
    "ZOMG!!!! I can't believe you kept this from me!!! How can I ever trust you again? It's over!!"

Y'know.... it occurs to me, that while I was writing the above sarcasm riddled post, I could have been studying.... ah well. :)

Cakesofrice...How do you think you'll EVER be able to hold down a job?! You're a menace to society...

Sorry, I'm sure you can excuse the college students being hormonal, Christmas exams are stressful you see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oh no! Not careers!!!! Dun-dun-DUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!

That fail will hang over you for the rest of your life no you know?

"Do you take this person to be your lawfully wedded wife/husband(username = ambiguous sorry :pac: )"
    "I d-"
    "STOP EVERYTHING!!! THEY GOT AN F IN TY CAREERS!!!"
    "ZOMG!!!! I can't believe you kept this from me!!! How can I ever trust you again? It's over!!"

Y'know.... it occurs to me, that while I was writing the above sarcasm riddled post, I could have been studying.... ah well. :)

I know it's pointless but that's why it's annoying me :/ All I had to do was stand up and say what I did on work experience and pass like

And my mother will think it's the end of the world and do that big rant thing she does and say "I didn't even want you doing ty *continues on saying stuff that doesn't make sense etc...."

I know it's pointless but that's why it's annoying me :/ All I had to do was stand up and say what I did on work experience and pass like

And my mother will think it's the end of the world and do that big rant thing she does

I'm pretty sure I probably failed TY. I told them in the end of year interview that it was the biggest waste of a year and I really regretted doing it >_>

Hasn't held me back in life just yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

We were put into groups to start a Spanish project in college. I had my part done since last Tuesday. The others did it last minute today and then submitted it without my work because I was at work at the time. Ffs like, I'm so upset over it cos they probably won't accept my work on it's own now and it's worth so much:mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lads, I got an E in my TY maths summer test. An E. It's a slippery slope

Lads, I got my first ever E in TY. Physics is complicated **** etc /cba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

the exam i thought would be a piece of caca milis tomorrow is suddenly starting to scare me.
    College exams are not like secondary school tests where I can do good if I study the night before.

I have learnt this now. Hopefully I can pass this semester and learn from my mistakes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Namlub wrote: »
    Lads, I got an E in my TY maths summer test. An E. It's a slippery slope

You had summer tests in TY :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lads how the hell do you use paypal, this is the most confusing crap ever :(

I just want to buy something, why must you insist on me making paypal when I have no clue what to do...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

If you've got a 3V you shouldn't need to register an account to use paypal? Unless you're trying to donate to another paypal account

_meehan_ wrote: »
    We were put into groups to start a Spanish project in college. I had my part done since last Tuesday. The others did it last minute today and then submitted it without my work because I was at work at the time. Ffs like, I'm so upset over it cos they probably won't accept my work on it's own now and it's worth so much:mad::(

I'm sure the lecturer will have no problem if you explain what happened to him/her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm sure the lecturer will have no problem if you explain what happened to him/her?

I emailed the project co-ordinator so hopefully she'll be of some help! The project is worth 20%, I really need to get it sorted!

You had summer tests in TY :eek:

Yep, and we had no textbooks to actually, y'now...study. I also did not own a pen or copy for the entirety of the year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Colm! wrote: »
    If you've got a 3V you shouldn't need to register an account to use paypal? Unless you're trying to donate to another paypal account

Yea no I was buying on ebay and the seller insists on paypal, gonna give up now tho I think, dunno what Im doing

Its bad when your in bed before 11pm on a Friday :p I also put too much chilli flakes in my dinner. Totally inedible. Note to self...never mix in about 100 chilli flakes with pasts when cooking it. It was horrible...

Whaddafuuuuuuuck? I just realised I've been playing skyrim, but I'm not sure how long I've been playing it. I have work to do, dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My feet are cold :(

The last time I had more than one day off was September. Going by how often work are asking me when I'm on Christmas holidays, I'm guessing it's going to be another while.

I'd love to be able to spend a few days doing absolutely nothing, and catching up on sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I need this poor kitten to find a home!!!! Why does no one want her!?

• Advertisement

I've had to resort to sleeping with ear plugs because the kid next door wakes up screaming crying about 4 times a night every night and wakes me. I'm tired enough without this shít. He's been screaming for 20 minutes straight at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Bah!! Y u sooooo distant?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

My new tv has saorview but it keeps messing up so I'm gonna have to try and fix the signal tomorrow.. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our Sky box is now banjaxed and they can't send someone out to fix it until Wednesday so we can't watch tv in the sitting room because the stations aren't tuned in on the tv itself because we watched everything throught the sky and I tried to tune them in earlier but I honestly had no clue what I was doing so I gave up without a lot of effort. :(

After a spot of casual browsing on Google Translate, it turns out I quite possibly said I was horny in my French oral today. Oh dear.

After a spot of casual browsing on Google Translate, it turns out I quite possibly said I was horny in my French oral today. Oh dear.

Were you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Google Translate isn't entirely reliable. You might have got away with it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

/lonely

Im building a cave
    /tunnel

The fact I was removing my jacket as I said it probably didn't help tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

"Je suis excité"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement