Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Je suis chaud >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Hot water bottle on feet=feet burn
    Feet on hot water bottle=feet burn
    No hot water bottle=what's that thing where your toes fall off? Like gangrene but with the cold...well yeah that.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

No hot water bottle=what's that thing where your toes fall off? Like gangrene but with the cold...well yeah that.

Fluffy socks and then cuddle the hot water bottle. Duh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Frostbite? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

So, what was essentially meant as a personal journalling blog was found by a friend. :(

I've now made it completely private but he definitely saw it and the stuff I had written. Sh*t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Jackobyte wrote: »
    So, what was essentially meant as a personal journalling blog was found by a friend. :(

I've now made it completely private but he definitely saw it and the stuff I had written. Sh*t!

How does he know it was you? :/

Fluffy socks and then cuddle the hot water bottle. Duh :P
    Can't sleep with socks on :(
    Frostbite? :/

I so knew that :cool: It was on the tip of my tongue :P

Solution: Forgot that I was at home and not in Galway and that I do in fact own an electric blanket.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Aw that sucks. Once you put it up on the internet someone's bound to find it at some point. We found a very personal thing from one of my friends accidentally, don't think she ever realised we found it, but she wouldn't be happy if she knew we saw it :/

If it's a close friend then don't worry, anyone with a bit of respect won't go telling everyone about it.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Aw that sucks. Once you put it up on the internet someone's bound to find it at some point. We found a very personal thing from one of my friends accidentally, don't think she ever realised we found it, but she wouldn't be happy if she knew we saw it :/

If it's a close friend then don't worry, anyone with a bit of respect won't go telling everyone about it.

True. I know plenty of people on boards really dont like me even though they dont know its me they dont like :pac:

How does he know it was you? :/
    The speed at which he found it when I made a case of making the entire blog as vague as possible leads me to believe he had access to my email account (have changed password)
    Aoifey! wrote: »

I had made sure it was as vague as possible in the blog. I didn't reveal my name, age or country I was from. I knew it'd be read by someone,, I had just presumed it would be someone who doesn't know me personally as it was pretty much untraceable to me.

In the blog, I stated why I've been going to counselling sessions for the last 2 months. He knew I was going and he probably knew why, but not to anywhere near that extent.

• Advertisement

The speed at which he found it when I made a case of making the entire blog as vague as possible leads me to believe he had access to my email account (have changed password)

I had made sure it was as vague as possible in the blog. I didn't reveal my name, age or country I was from. I knew it'd be read by someone,, I had just presumed it would be someone who doesn't know me personally as it was pretty much untraceable to me.

In the blog, I stated why I've been going to counselling sessions for the last 2 months. He knew I was going and he probably knew why, but not to anywhere near that extent.

:(

Have you asked him?

What kind of loser hacks into their friends email and goes onto a really personal blog? Even if he told anyone they would think far less of him than they would of you. Chin up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This sh*t has got to f*cking stop. From about 9pm last night until definitely 1am(when I finally fell asleep) the cnuts upstairs were stomping around. Like seriously wtf are ye doing that makes so much noise. Are ye jumping up and down on the floors? Just f*ck off. Great, ye don't have exams, fine, f*ck off home to whatever halting site ye're parents are from and leave the rest of us in peace.

/rant

Have you asked him?

What kind of loser hacks into their friends email and goes onto a really personal blog? Even if he told anyone they would think far less of him than they would of you. Chin up.
    He said he found it through trawling through loads of google pages after searching the date of the posts and "Wordpress" cause I had mentioned I was blogging. I don't believe that though. I've tried that, even including the name of the blog and it still doesn't appear in the first 10 pages. And the name isn't a very widely used word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

****ing hell, got to sleep at like, 3am last night, then this Polish fella off adverts I was making a deal with called me at 5am asking where I was for our deal. Who the **** meets at 5am jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

He said he found it through trawling through loads of google pages after searching the date of the posts and "Wordpress" cause I had mentioned I was blogging. I don't believe that though. I've tried that, even including the name of the blog and it still doesn't appear in the first 10 pages. And the name isn't a very widely used word.

If you include your email address in the google search, name of town/school/counsellor does that come up? :-/ It would be horrible of him to find it through your email account :(

Heater off = Too cold
    Heater on + window closed = Too hot.
    Heater on + window open = Too cold

WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Having a minor Physics-related freakout. Whyyyy do I always just assume Physics will be fine until the week before the Christmas exams and then panic? :(

If you include your email address in the google search, name of town/school/counsellor does that come up? :-/ It would be horrible of him to find it through your email account :(

Nope, no relevant results. even including the horrible typo I made in it fails to bring it up in google results.

In the post, I didn't actually mention the counselling. I just explained why I was feeling down, but for anyone who knows I am seeing a teacher in the school on a counselling basis, which he did but didn't know why, the connection would have been pretty obvious.

I was super careful with anything I wrote in it. I made sure it was virtually untraceable. There is no mention of my school, town, country even... There are no names mentioned anywhere in it either. I even left the name section in the account details blank and I signed off posts with just "J."

Paraphrasing from the blog:
    I do not want to be recognizable to people I know in real life, as I may mention them in this blog at some stage, so for the moment, I will remain anonymous. I am a boy, in his teens and in the process of learning to cope with life and the associated emotional turmoil. Most of my free time is spent online and I sometimes chance my arm at photography and technology in general. I'll leave it at that for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm home for less than 24 hours and I'm booooooooored! Nothing's going on!

I seriously hope the holidays aren't this uneventful for the duration...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Oh ****...
    I feel like crying...
    I've just come to accept something I've been denying for god knows how long, and I'm not really sure whats going on with me... Im pretty sure this is something serious.. But It probably isnt. So now i feel stupid. Nevermind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Someone I know died today and he's only like 19 and it was such a terrible way to go and like I feel so bad for his family but more-so him because like... I can't even say how it happened because it'll be really obvious to anyone who may have known him if it's mentioned but like.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Its horrible to hear about young people dying. A friend of mine died during the summer ans the odd time Ill be walking through town and I could swear blind he'd just walkesd past me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Self confidence dwindling...
    Something happened yesterday which made things a whole pile worse.
    And now I can't decide whether I'd like a mug of tea or not.

Caught somewhere between real and trivial troubles...

I think I'll have the tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Just found out that my friend who died, his mother is abroad on holidays and can't make it back today. :( I feel so terrible for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

My brother is a spaz. I was doing stuff on my laptop while watching the munster game, then he came in and demanded I let him choose the channel on the TV. If he had asked, I wouldve had no bother letting him have it, but because he demanded it....
    Then he disconnected the internet right in front of me(loosing me about €20 and 2 hours work), kicked the chair out from under me that I had my feet on and then turned off the TV..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Four layers of clothes and three duvets yet I'm still cold. If I could afford one I'd invest in an electric blanket. Or better yet, invest in accommodation that has at least one radiator that damn well works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Four layers of clothes and three duvets yet I'm still cold. If I could afford one I'd invest in an electric blanket. Or better yet, invest in accommodation that has at least one radiator that damn well works.

The one I got in tesco was like €20 if that's any good to you?

I wish I had a talent.... for anything.....

Should really stop watching videos of people playing guitar on Youtube. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Oh I know that feeling. Being useless at pretty much everything really sucks. :(

I've been told I'm a good writer but there's no way I'd have the patience to sit down and write a novel or anything. And even if I did it'd probably suck.

On another aaargh note, I'm having this thing for my birthday tomorrow night (kinda like a fake 21st, since it was my 21st last year but I didn't celebrate it.) and a good few people I was relying on coming aren't able to. I'm terrified that no-one will show up and I'll just be sitting in a pub singing "Happy birthday to you" to myself.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    The one I got in tesco was like €20 if that's any good to you?

Not sure if it would be worth the trek to Dublin to pick it up. :P

But they're that cheap? Might get one tomorrow so. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Me:YOOOOOOOOO!

Her: "Dude, you have a girlfriend"

Wait, what? Since when does that mean I cant speak to other females?

This is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Not sure if it would be worth the trek to Dublin to pick it up. :P

But they're that cheap? Might get one tomorrow so. \o/

Yep I got it last year but saw them again recently. They're the most wonderful inventions.

Oh I know that feeling. Being useless at pretty much everything really sucks. :(

I've been told I'm a good writer but there's no way I'd have the patience to sit down and write a novel or anything. And even if I did it'd probably suck.

Oddly enough, I've been told I'm a good writer too, but personally I think I don't have the imagination any more to write anything decent (used to be creative in the past.... )

I'd give anything to be moderately competent at a musical instrument though..... But these hands... they just no good son, they just no good.

Fup it.... back to playing air guitar and lip-synching to itunes and feeling like a GOD! :pac: :pac:

Should really stop watching videos of people playing guitar on Youtube. :(
    Talent's overrated. Being reasonably competent in a number of areas ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Same, I was talking to someone during the week and they were telling me about the instruments they played as a child and how they love dancing, I'm just there like 'yeah I can't do anything'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Lawliet wrote: »
    Same, I was talking to someone during the week and they were telling me about the instruments they played as a child and how they love dancing, I'm just there like 'yeah I can't do anything'

I go to college with a girl who can teach piano,plays guitar,bass,violin and the harp.compeates and wins in singing contests.Can speak fluent Irish.Is a really good dancer and can act.Lets not add in shes slim and pretty and too nice to be properly jealous over it.

Damnit some people get all the luck!:o

You all exist. Deal with your day to day problems. You come out at the end of every day.

That in my opinion is talent enough.

Namlub wrote: »
    Talent's overrated. Being reasonably competent in a number of areas ftw

Yeah..... things I'm reasonably competent in......
    • Procrastination
    • Sleeping till noon
    • Not attending lectures
    • Bitching and moaning

EDIT: I'm actually at ninja-master level in all the above, not just reasonably competent. :pac:

:pac: :pac:
    Lawliet wrote: »

I'd have been like "Yeah....um.... I can..... um..... tune a TV."
    And they'd have been like "Tune a TV? Excuse me while I take my clothes off." :pac: :pac:

You were the fastest sperm. Always remember that.

All of us are born winners. SO ACT LIKE IT.. :cool:

• Advertisement

It's times like this I wish I was a twin, just so I could reply "Nah, I was probably second then as well. FML." :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I really wish I could play some kind of instrument too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I used to play accordion but it was too expensive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

*Randy's head explodes*

:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jumpguy wrote: »

*Randy's head explodes*

:P

comicbanjo.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I've been playing my big red twanger.

I used to play the tin whistle and accordion when I was a wee nipper and could avail of primary school instruments for free. Now I just clap my fingers against my knuckles to produce a pleasant tapping sound. In another universe I'd be some DIY icon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I played accordion too! :D I was 'good', but that's just, *ahem*, accordion to my mum... :P

Now I can half play drums (wouldn't call myself gifted..), and I can juggle three balls, and that is my entire set of talents... :)

Yeah..... things I'm reasonably competent in......
    • Procrastination
    • Sleeping till noon
    • Not attending lectures
    • Bitching and moaning

EDIT: I'm actually at ninja-master level in all the above, not just reasonably competent. :pac:

:pac: :pac:

I'd have been like "Yeah....um.... I can..... um..... tune a TV."
    And they'd have been like "Tune a TV? Excuse me while I take my clothes off." :pac: :pac:

Balls to all that. Become an axe murderer. Fight to the end.
    Be the best you can be and dont let anyone stand in your way
    Hail to the king baby :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

wrong thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement