Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Awww Texans lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Chemistry is a load of bollocks. A load of bollocks that I just don't understand, and don't seem to have the capacity to learn.

Chemistry is a load of bollocks. A load of bollocks that I just don't understand, and don't seem to have the capacity to learn.

I've never used it for Chemisty because I never did it, but try the Khan Academy videos:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I did Chemistry for the leaving cert.I did weekly grinds for the two years and revision courses every holidays I used to get extra help off the teacher aswell.Leaving cert came and I thought I did ok and I poxy failed.

I repeated doing geography instead of chemistry in a year and got a b1!

Moral of the story is Chemistry is a horible big pile of evilness and the only good thing to come of it is chemistry cat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I did Chemistry for the leaving cert.I did weekly grinds for the two years and revision courses every holidays I used to get extra help off the teacher aswell.Leaving cert came and I thought I did ok and I poxy failed.

I repeated doing geography instead of chemistry in a year and got a b1!

Moral of the story is Chemistry is a horible big pile of evilness and the only good thing to come of it is chemistry cat!

And IHC's username. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I use to like chemistry, then it got all weird and abstract

Lawliet wrote: »
    I use to like chemistry, then it got all weird and abstract

That's how I feel about women.

Ba-dum-TISCH!

I'm here all week folks.

Yeah, there's no possible way for me to pass this test tomorrow, my brain just can't handle chemistry. Why the hell do I need even need to do chemistry? I'm doing structural engineering ffs, I'll never, ever need to know how to work out ionisation energy of anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

2 page Irish essay due tomorrow I've yet to start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Dammit i was just gonna post that song by Semisonic! :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tradceol

Started homework at 11 this morning and only finished now! Well until the cycle starts yet again tomorrow. I feel like I don't do anything other than for school :(

My mouth was in so much pain a few minutes ago, I couldn't even spit while brushing my teeth.... I literally had to let it dribble out of my mouth and hope that the majority hit the target. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I spent all last night texting and ringing a very drunk friend who took a load of sleeping pills. He started making less and less sense as the night went on, kept saying goodbye and that someday we'd see each other again when we're both cartoons. When I realised what he'd done he just kept telling me to leave him alone and get out of his life.

I think he's okay now, but I can't get over how close it was. That I could have been the last person to speak to him. I've never been so scared in my life.

Awh pet I hope your ok, that's a horrible horrible position to be put in xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And IHC's username. :pac:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLA YEA! :D

(even though I actually hate Chemistry now :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

So, there's this guy I've known since September 2009; he knows my name but up until this afternoon I didn't know his. Sure, I asked him his name twice in the first week of meeting him but immediately forgot on both occasions. Ever since then I've had to awkwardly greet him with a "Hey man" or a prolonged "Welllll", cursing my crap attention span while at the same time desperately trying to figure it out. This guy shares the same subjects as me, usually ends up doing the same modules as me, so I bump into him on a frustratingly regular basis. We're practically friends ffs.

Today, he stumbles in late to a class and reveals it to the tutor:
    David. Fúcking David,
    one of the most generic and popular names in the world, yet I spend about 32 months wishing I knew his name and trawling through friends lists on Facebook looking for his face and a name along the lines of Ethan or Malacky or Domingo or some damn name that's a lot less ruddy common than '
    David
    '. Grr.

That has happened to me so much. The trick is to go "what's your name again?" and then when they tell you, go "Oh no sorry I meant your surname!". LIKE A BOSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Making a cover letter is so difficult. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Just back from a week with my boyfriend in England... already miss him terribly and it's over 6 months before I get to see him again :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've been trying so hard to study for the last while but I'm certain that I will fail the exams I have over the next three days.I'm dreading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Mindless idiots are the only words to describe some people. I was on my way home at around half past 8 and a group of about 10 aged 11-15 were running from one side of the other and then pretending to beat each other up in the middle of the road, in front of cars. It looked so real that they were kicking the shíte out of some lad and causing cars to suddenly break, how there wasn't a pile up or an accident I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Going to the dentist in the morning for a check up. I don't like the dentist, so afraid I'm going to be told I need a bajillion fillings.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

So today confirmed it: I do in fact faint every time I have to get blood taken.

Also not looking forward to getting the results of this blood test. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

My best friend is having a seriously rough time at the moment. It's so hard having to watch her deal with, and while I am trying my hardest to help and be a support to her, there's only so much I can do. Plus I just had to break the news to her that her granny mightn't last the night. So wish I could be with her right now! :(

Grrrr.... O2 still haven't put the money I transferred from my bank account onto my card... and now their site is down until 6am... and Play.com are hounding me for money, they now want me to ring them, but I can't ring them unless I'm sure there's money on the card, and they're only going to hold my order for about another day!

"orders are held for 3 days, at which point the order will be cancelled and will have to be placed again."

I can't place the order again! The product was only available up until sunday. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I thought I was done with not being allowed in places because of my age, but one of my favourite pubs has changed to be over 21's. I'm extremely annoyed at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Download festival lineup is look poo besides the headliners :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I thought I was done with not being allowed in places because of my age, but one of my favourite pubs has changed to be over 21's. I'm extremely annoyed at this.

The Front Door? Yeah I'm quite annoyed too. By the time I am actually 21 I'll more or less be finished with going out in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Putting shiftin' pictures on facebook/any form of social network should be illegal. Oh ma gawd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

One of my friends in college is in the same situation as me, previously did first year of another course. We have talked about fees and stuff before. She just posted this on facebook

"Robbing bástards adding an extra 1800 to my college fees for doing first year again!!"

Eh, ok? What were you expecting, to endlessly do first year of every course ever and not have to pay? I don't understand how people can do stuff like that and not know they're going to have to pay...

Plus 1800 isn't that bad, the cheapest in UCD is like 5000.

I really don't get people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

You're not 21 yet? :eek: I always assumed you were older than me for some reason...

It's one thing being in a room with a man that you hate but then having to hear him eat. Do you really have to chew with your mouth open? What's the the heavy breathing, you're eating not working out. Scrape the fork against your teeth again and I'll ram it up your nostrils. CHEW WITH YOUR MOUTH CLOSE YOU ANNOYING FÚCK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Slept through all my classes :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Scrape the fork against your teeth again and I'll ram it up your nostrils
    People do this? Last time I accidentally did that, it felt pretty horrible and I've tried to avoid contact between teeth and cutlery where possible :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I wish I had my own Batcave near the college campus. I want somewhere to waste time in peace, rather than wasting time while surrounded by loud students (who probably only talk about sex and drinking).

• Advertisement

Robby91 wrote: »
    People do this? Last time I accidentally did that, it felt pretty horrible and I've tried to avoid contact between teeth and cutlery where possible :eek:

They do,it's a horrible thing. Its like nails on a chalkboard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Some people have the most stupidest status's :L

Kill me, kill me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Parent teacher meeting is next week so evert teacher is piling on the tests as if no other teacher is doing the exact same thing! It doesn't help that our maths teacher moved our test from Monday to tomorrow, I was more prepared for it then than I am now for gods sake! Not too confident about it either seeing as it's a repeat test because everyone's was so bad the first time around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Parent teacher meeting is next week so evert teacher is piling on the tests as if no other teacher is doing the exact same thing! It doesn't help that our maths teacher moved our test from Monday to tomorrow, I was more prepared for it then than I am now for gods sake! Not too confident about it either seeing as it's a repeat test because everyone's was so bad the first time around.

Whats the maths test on outta curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deise_girl wrote: »
    Whats the maths test on outta curiosity?

Numbers and stuff....

• Advertisement

Numbers and stuff....

If maths was just numbers, we'd all be fine :(
    They had to introduce too many letters and science things

Yep. Thats when I gave up on maths. Doing my leaving pres at higher level. Opened the paper and didnt see a number for 2 pages. Down to pass I went :pac:

Yep. Thats when I gave up on maths. Doing my leaving pres at higher level. Opened the paper and didnt see a number for 2 pages. Down to pass I went :pac:

I ask myself each time I open my HL book wtf am I in that class.. Think my teachers gonna be asking me that soon too tbh :P

Btw its even more wordy now with project maths..

I ask myself each time I open my HL book wtf am I in that class.. Think my teachers gonna be asking me that soon too tbh :P

Btw its even more wordy now with project maths..

Them bastards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If maths was all arithmetic, I'd be a genius of Davidius-like proportions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

SAME. :( So many tests, I'm gonna have to do something about them from tomorrow...fun weekend coming up.

Though right now I love and understand maths. :D Ask me again after my test next week though, I always think it's fine until I do a test...>_<

Slow Show wrote: »
    SAME. :( So many tests, I'm gonna have to do something about them from tomorrow...fun weekend coming up.

Though right now I love and understand maths. :D Ask me again after my test next week though, I always think it's fine until I do a test...>_<

I forgot to tell you, that question thing about the gameshow host guy, the Monty Halls thing... We were shown a video thing of it today, I nearly chocked laughing so much :P I was all "OMFG I HEARD OF THIS IT HAS GOATS AND THE GAME SHOW GUY REVEALS A DOOR!!!!!" And then we were asked to ponder over it and give our answers tomorrow. Gonna knock 'em dead with this :P
    <3333 u emz

I used to think higher maths was hard, then I did college maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Wretched headache, my head is pounding... :(

I used to think higher maths was hard, then I did college maths.

I will never be able to make that comparison, therefore, LC maths is hard.

Altho, 67% in combinations, permutations and probability bitchezzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement