Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

He knows who I am, but I don't know who he is :-o
    Ya, its weird when your sitting at home minding your own business and then he lets you know that you "Passed by him" today at some random time.

:cool: Keep an eye out for a pair of glasses like those...

It won't be me.. MUHAHAHAHA.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

#SusanAlbumParty

It's the simple things in life that bring the most joy... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Keane played my favourite song last night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    #SusanAlbumParty

It's the simple things in life that bring the most joy... :D

no, write it in lowercase. #susanalbumparty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

We had a research report to write, it was worth half the marks for this lab module, the other half was an MCQ I got mediocre results in. I was really worried that everyone else's would be better than mine, as I think I'm one of the weakest in my class. But some of them didn't start the paper until yesterday, loads of people are way over the maximum word count, some people are leaving out a chunk of the experiment because they don't understand why it's relevant, and I saw a few people's discussions they were not very good at all.
    If this is the standard I'm up against, I suddenly feel a lot better. I might suck at exams, but dammit I can interpret and discuss data!

• Advertisement

I actually got a large chunk of our project done last night...

there's still a looong way to go over the next 5 or 6 days, but I'm relatively hopeful that we'll have something half decent to hand up...

*KNOCK ON ALL TEH WOOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Paid deposit and first month's rent on my new place today! Can't wait to move in, we have a garden with a tree and all :) I'll miss really this place but I won't miss the lack of heating, landlord walking in all the time, nails sticking out of the stairs or lack of overhead light in my room, and that's just naming a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Colm! wrote: »
    no, write it in lowercase. #susanalbumparty

Yeah, I read it that way as well. That way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Keane played my favourite song last night :D

Which one? Were they good? :) Saw them the last time they played and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

My exams didn't go as bad as I thought they did.

Well, I've only gotten 3 out of 7 back but they were the ones I thought I did worst in :pac:

Plus, I had a really good week and the next 3 weeks are jam packed with fun things :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Going to the cinema tonight.

With... a girl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

:) Mad craic was had in Maynooth.

leaveiton wrote: »
    Which one? Were they good? :) Saw them the last time they played and really enjoyed it.

A Bad Dream. :) yeah it was good, bit crowded but they played great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm home for the weekend and my nana gave me my birthday card and instead of getting me a present she put money in it and I'm like "YUS I CAN AFFORD TREATS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Going to the cinema tonight.

With... a girl :)

Hmm... Well, at least the movie was good..! :P

Guy I know posted this on Facebook earlier:
    Saw a homeless man in town gettin ready his blankets to go sleep and sharing a small breadroll with a puppy that belonged to him, being the freezing cold night it was, i felt sorry for him and bought him a supermacs meal and a can of dog food for the puppy. put a massive smile on his face and i felt good :)

Faith in humanity somewhat restored. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Provided I can get my passport sorted, New Years in Paris may be happening. Eeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

My dress came. Not only did I get a package which is class (love post), it fits and is So glittery. I'm going to be like a disco ball tomorrow, the look I was going for ;)

I just checked my bank balance.

I'm back up to where I was before I had to pay for a new laptop and college fees. :)

It's amazing what you can achieve by virtually spending €0 every week for a semester...

I just checked my bank balance.

I'm back up to where I was before I had to pay for a new laptop and college fees. :)

It's amazing what you can achieve by virtually spending €0 every week for a semester...
    So you didn't buy anything online then? :P

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    So you didn't buy anything online then? :P

Not that I can recall anyway. :P (unless I posted somewhere else that I was buying something, which I genuinely have no recollection of :o)

I think I've resisted all major urges to splurge for the past 12 weeks. :)

On the downside, rent is due next week, and then Christmas... and I had planned on getting another batch of podcast equipment in early January...

So soon I'll be posting in Argh about being broke again. :pac:

Not that I can recall anyway. :P (unless I posted somewhere else that I was buying something, which I genuinely have no recollection of :o)

I think I've resisted all major urges to splurge for the past 12 weeks. :)

On the downside, rent is due next week, and then Christmas... and I had planned on getting another batch of podcast equipment in early January...

So soon I'll be posting in Argh about being broke again. :pac:

I'm only messing. I looked at "virtually" and meant that as online. Meaning you may have actually spent money on the high street. :pac:

I'm only messing. I looked at "virtually" and meant that as online. Meaning you may have actually spent money on the high street. :pac:

Haha, no. Maximum spend per week has been 10 quid for the entire semester.

God bless robbing food from home. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Organizing a surprise party for my boyfriends 21st! :D Hopefully it'll goo off without a hitch and I wont spill the secret :P This sounds super gay but I'm on some mad mission to make the day as perfect as it can be, and I'm thinkin hey, I should be a party planner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

70ish-0 win in the first freshers game. What a great day, even an open invite to come down to their local U21s and train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

There's only one soundtrack for an essay on Swedish cinematography: ABBA.

Party boyyed with Palytoxin. #class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I have the best friends ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Was so depressed last night coz some of my friends weren't going out.
    And the some of them were at Christmas Daze in the college bar sorta place (and it's ticketed and I never got a ticket coz i was just too lazy to line up in that huge queue :p..)
    And it was half 6 and I was just like "ah lads.. i am not staying another night in.." and tyring to think of who I could manipulate to go out..
    And then out of the blue my friend in my course facebook messaged me offering a free ticket on a mystery tour to Galway :D

Best night evaaaar :D Even if I got kicked out about 20 minutes before the end for doing practically nothing like..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got my grant approval letter yesterday, they're covering 89% of my fees, I'm not entirely sure what that means, but seeing as I've already paid 50% myself it looks like I might get a refund which would be amazing, and then I'd have the extra money that I've been saving for the second half. This all means that I'll be able to pay off my credit card, pay back money to my parents and then still have a little bit left over. This is so amazing, I was expecting maybe a tiny bit of maintenance, not anything on my fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Finally got my shoes and other things I need for my sister's wedding on Saturday...most prepared bridesmaid ever! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Discovered €150 I didn't know I had this morning!

Discovered €150 I didn't know I had this morning!

I love finding money I forgot about, it's great!

Passed an essay I didn't think I would, now I won't have to redo it and I'll actually have time to do my other work :) yay!

I'm loving the way life is at the moment. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

My sister is getting married tomorrow :D:D

• Advertisement

It's always great when you're with the parents of your boring friends and you're like "so yeah I didn't do my homework once" and they're all like "wow you're crazy!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

It's always great when you're with the parents of your boring friends and you're like "so yeah I didn't do my homework once" and they're all like "wow you're crazy!"

I once drank straight from the carton

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Wonderful weekend was wonderful. Not even the thought of having to spend the next two days writing a dumb essay is bringing me down.

I'm now on Christmas holidays...

Nothing to do now until the 20th of January...

:D:D

I've become the hard man of Pharmacy. Kept my hand in a bucket of ice for five minutes and volunteered to be victim for Physiology labs. AND got a round of applause. Proud day :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Skipping PE.
    SUCHA buzz

EDIT: Oh god one of lifes greatest pleasures chilling with the bestie gossiping when everyone else is doing icky PE shizz
    SOOOO worth it

My work is actually starting to look do-able for this semester :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our LC hoodies should be arriving at the end of the week. I've been waiting to finally get one for the past 5 years, still waiting for the fact that we're in LC to hit me.

I've just remembered that there's a Starbucks opening near me, later on today. Yesss, gingerbread latte galore <3 :D

Frankie Boyle later. Fúcking lovely.

marko93 wrote: »
    Frankie Boyle later. Fúcking lovely.
    Hope for your sake you aren't in the front row! :D

Hope for your sake you aren't in the front row! :D

It was fine, we chose the safety of the 4th row. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I saws the Coca Cola truck tewday :D and I gots loads of free coke and a free BB's muffin AND I got my assignment done and handed in on time! :D Productive day if I say so meself :D

Rainbows are awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

For the first time in six months, I can sleep in on a Saturday. :D It's so weird to be actually properly looking forward to the weekend, the joys of not having to work and still getting paid for it. :D

Yes there might be a little bit of errr study and stuff to do but all in good time, it can wait until after I've appropriately recovered from the last three months. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement