Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Villagers. Oh My God. What a gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Coming home to a warm bed, electric blanket I <3 you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

That was a class Paddy's Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I can't even deal with how much I'm loving college. The difference that I can see in myself here when compared to when I was in secondary school is unreal.

At home, I felt a little bit on the periphery, not an important part of anybody's life. I genuinely felt like if I had disappeared off the face of the planet, no-one would've given a ****. I don't know whether that's true or not, or could my view of home be affected by the problems I had there, but it doesn't change how I feel.

Here, I feel important and that in turn, makes me feel happy, included and that I actually mean something to people. I know if I missed a lecture or something, people would ask where I was or if there was a night out I couldn't go to, drunken texts and calls would be received all night long. As well as that, I love my course and I'm doing well in it, which is contributing to my happiness here.

This year has flown and I still love all my friends as much, if not more than I did in the beginning. Here's hoping that the exams all go well and that I'll have three more happy years here. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Life is good. Should be getting a car in the next few weeks, going to Paris next week and organising a group of people to go to Pukkelpop. Yaaaaaaaay :)

• Advertisement

Actually delighted with how Moot Court went which is great seeing as I thought I was going to puke before speaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Had an excellent date with a gorgeous American boy last night and I'm pure chuffed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

The Positive Mental Health week I organised went really well and people commented on how the place seemed happier throughout the week :D

The past few weeks have been pretty unreal too!

Feel great for the first time in ages.

Lectures finished Wednesday and a bit of Biffy in the o2 Thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Was having a crap day until one of my teachers stopped me the hall and gave me a big hug and a lollipop! Actually made my week :')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

I cam second in my school's talent show, first time I've ever sang by myself on stage so pretty pleased :D

AND HEY ITS EASTER HOLIDAYS WOO!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Feel great for the first time in ages.

Lectures finished Wednesday and a bit of Biffy in the o2 Thursday :D

I'll see you there :D And I was at Villagers too :P They were so good but Conor O'Brien looks like a cartoon character..! :P

I'll see you there :D And I was at Villagers too :P They were so good but Conor O'Brien looks like a cartoon character..! :P

Haha that is weird! I'll be the guy goin crazy in the pit :P Yeah he looks awful strange, some voice though. Was hoping they would do Pieces and To Be Counted Among Men, but no luck :(

Biffy should be a great gig but I would prefer if they did more of their old stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Just looking back over my listener information on Soundcloud, and my music has been played 40 times by people in Brazil, 52 times in Mexico, 23 in Japan, as well as more in other places.

It's so weird and yet so cool at the same time that stuff I do as a hobby reaches places I've never been to and people I've never even met.

tl;dr: I think the internet is a good idea and may catch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I had such a good weekend. Galway never disappoints!

Whenever I read Clearasil & Hormones in my head I always read it to the tune of Cigarettes & Alcohol by Oasis.

"All I need is Clearasil & Hooooormooooones!!"

This pleases me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

The most beautiful girl in the world (ie, my beautiful girlfriend) and I are going to Budapest on holiday in July :) Just booked it now :) Can't wait .. love you so much S****** Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ♥

Got my car today. Wheeeeeee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I just figured out a puzzle that 5 of my friends have been at for at least an hour, I got it in 2 minutes

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Got my car today. Wheeeeeee.

What did you get? Please don't be like every other female and say a blue/red/black or using some color as a descriptive >_>

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »

What did you get? Please don't be like every other female and say a blue/red/black or using some color as a descriptive >_>

2004 Nissan almera sport, 1.5l hatchback with 5 doors. Got it in silver. Just over 80,000 miles with NCT till next year and taxes until June for €2000. I'm delighted, it's lovely to drive, a lot nicer than the 2000 corolla I had been driving. We called her Gladys.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

The most beautiful girl in the world (ie, my beautiful girlfriend) and I are going to Budapest on holiday in July :) Just booked it now :) Can't wait .. love you so much S****** Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ♥

I miss bebo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    2004 Nissan almera sport, 1.5l hatchback with 5 doors. Got it in silver. Just over 80,000 miles with NCT till next year and taxes until June for €2000. I'm delighted, it's lovely to drive, a lot nicer than the 2000 corolla I had been driving. We called her Gladys.

Excellent! Up until a few months ago I was driving an Almera myself. Great work horse, treat her right and she'll keep driving no matter what.

I don't know what I'd do without my roommate, he's always there for me when I need him :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lol Gary Barlow tweeted me.
    Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

3 weeks into my Limerick adventure and finally acquired internet.
    It's good to be back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lol

He corrected your spelling :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lol

Pics or GTFO. :P
    EDIT 2: <--- :D

EDIT 1: I deleted your post for you deise_girl, but now that I know your real name and Twitter handle, let the stalkin' begin! <3

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO. :P
    EDIT 2: <--- :D

EDIT 1: I deleted your post for you deise_girl, but now that I know your real name and Twitter handle, let the stalkin' begin! <3
    Its okay I can appreciate everyone feeling the need to stalk me, I am a fairly unreal human being. Its just if people want to stalk me they have to do it right and not just have all the info handed to them! :)

• Advertisement

Its okay I can appreciate everyone feeling the need to stalk me, I am a fairly unreal human being. Its just if people want to stalk me they have to do it right and not just have all the info handed to them! :)

I like those shoes you're wearing.... ;);)

I like those shoes you're wearing.... ;);)

Thanks theyre my fave :)

Was almost in touching distance of Simon Neil for God & Satan and Biblical.

Jaggy Snake and Glitter and Trauma were possibly the most insane songs I've ever heard live!

Good gig. :)

Jaggy Snake and Glitter and Trauma were possibly the most insane songs I've ever heard live!

They played justboy and a day of! So much fun!!

Also, my school principal was at it too?! That was really random!!

Also, my school principal was at it too?! That was really random!!

I hate you both. :(

I had to make do with Colm O'Sullivan on Today FM playing Biblical followed by Rubber Lover from Marmaduke. :P

Sounds like a class setlist though. They do 57?

I got a mini lil chocolate duck from a lovely guy in my class this morning, who came over just to see me. Happy out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Dad bought 3 raffle tickets from a lad in work yesterday and he found out this morning that he'd won 2 prizes. One is this giant teddy bear with a load of chocolates and stuff and a dairy milk toffee popcorn bar which sounds......interesting. The other one he won was an Easter egg in the shape of a football with Westmeath written in it in white chocolate.

Chocolate overload

I had to make do with Colm O'Sullivan on Today FM playing Biblical followed by Rubber Lover from Marmaduke. :P

No 57, still waiting for that!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2013/the-o2-dublin-ireland-bd8912e.html

Pretty damn good! I'm more of an Infinity Land/ Puzzles fan but man, they sounded incredible!

Living Is A Problem was amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

No 57, still waiting for that!

"57" used to be a serious live standby -- saw them five times before, and they played it every time, and Thursday was the first time I saw them and they didn't. Setlist.fm has it as one of their most-played tracks, and I bet it's seriously underestimating, due to a major gaps in their early gigs (of which there were a metric shedload).

First time I saw them -- and the last time they played Cork -- it was their closer, and I went seriously mental. :) But apparently it's been out of the set since about early 2011.

• Advertisement

Don't be hating on me too, because I come to bring you the glad tiding that "Rick in the Afternoon's" interview with them in up on the RTE player, and is a barrel of laughs. Real mutual admiration fest between Cormac Battle and Simon Neil! And after a cold open of "Black Chandelier", then the interview, they played an acoustic version of "Biblical" live. Just popped into the studio while they were en route to their soundcheck, apparently! (And while I listening on my crappy portable radio travelling up on the bus, headed to the same place...)

"Justboy" was quite amazing. Great singalong for an "oldie"! The crowd seemed to know at least one song from before Puzzle...

You must have been next to the house-right "ego ramp", then. I was a bit to the left of that: great spot. :D Except of course when Si was soloing on the other 'ramp. Though plenty of timeshare from Jimbo and Mike too. (All I saw of Gambler all gig was the top of his head...)

tumblr_mkdnhlWOPx1s95cfko1_1280.jpg

While we're on the topic, would you look at Benjamin!

EDIT: Sorry it's a bit large...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

40/40 in the Theory Test!

Delighted :D

I *finally* had my day's work placement in a pharmacy today and it was class. They had me doing jobs and work from the very start. It made me feel very important and capable! I genuinely feel like this is a job that I will love for years. And James, my Pharmacist man, said that I was more than able and that I have great potential :D Beaming.

I will happily blister packs, count tablets/capsules, match labels to boxes and dispense drugs for the rest of my days. #PharmacyLove

One kitten born so far, it's like a tiny little Charcoal, pictures shall be uploaded :)

Also, for anyone with experience with cats giving birth (as I have zero experience :P), the first kitten was born about 3 hours ago and even though she's showing signs of labour like panting and pushing and stuff there still haven't been any more kittens yet. Is this normal?

Kitten number 2 has been born :) it's very weak and it took a while to get it to feed but it finally is. Yay for kittens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Speaking of cats, it look like I'll be living with one again in a month and a half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Just ate a large orange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement