Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Absolutely loooove college! Got off woth a 4th year tonight though :confused: BUT YES COLLEGE IS THE EBST. Im only home early tonight cos the RAs cancelled all the parties :( and the fire alarm was set off my house party :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I got sorted as a Hufflepuff! On Pottermore, that is, not in real life... for now. I wasn't too sure what to think at first, given the persistent notion that they're a "load of duffers, them" and all, but they do have a badger, so overall I'm quite happy.

Pottermore is serious business. Happily, it's the only serious sort of business that's been going on in my life for the past week or so. Relaxing's awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

IM TALKIN TO NOEL. WHAT A GREAT EXXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

IM TALKIN TO NOEL. WHAT A GREAT EXXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a sup in you?

Got a sup in you?

NO. NOEL IS A B3OUR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

NO. NOEL IS A B3OUR.

Do we have a drunk soccy? :P

Do we have a drunk soccy? :P

I was chatting to noel on skype last night though.... it was a great exxperience :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Sold all of the books I had on offer in one go.... 75 euro in my pocket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I'm moving into my college house home today!! :D WEEEE!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got my face on the front page of the local paper and on the cover of the college prospectus on the same day. Good times. :cool:

Got my face on the front page of the local paper and on the cover of the college prospectus on the same day. Good times. :cool:

Which paper? So having a gawk at it later :cool: Cant promise I wont laugh though...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Which paper? So having a gawk at it later :cool: Cant promise I wont laugh though...

Limerick Chronicle. :) It's on the "real" cover, inside the advertising page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

This may seem small compared to awesome things like moving back to college but... Junior cert results tomorrow :D can't wait :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Love how planning things work in my life.
    I said to my friends earlier we should all do something tomorrow, a couple hours later I get a chain text "Garden party in deise_girls garden" Fair nuff says I, even tho I didnt volunteer my garden but shur :L
    Then I just said it to mam like 7 peeps would be coming over for nearly all the day tomorrow, "Ahh okay"
    So little stress <3

So much <3 for the JC btw, giving me a day off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Found 70 euro on the street. I like to think of it as an early birthday present from a careless stranger...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Bought some cool clothes and books today. :D
    Including:
    crop_AC912FD3-DA2E-8813-32C29670EF83EA19.jpg
    4407.jpg
    Among others.
    (on a related note: aaarggh - I've no money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

No more wisdom teeth :D

The operation went really well, they said I reacted well to it , I was high as a kite afterwards, everything seemed so funny.

Not much pain now, but I'm armed with some pain killers if it does start to hurt.

Limerick Chronicle. :) It's on the "real" cover, inside the advertising page.

That out today or tomorrow? I shall have a gawk! I will report back when I see it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Had a fun evening with my best friend who I haven't seen since the end of summer drinking hot chocolate and discussing every minute detail of recent life, and anticipating...JC RESULTS 2K11. Wow I feel like such a baby...but yeah, I'm rather curious about the whole results thing, possibly a tad nervous >.> But regardless, tomorrow night is going to be awesome. :D

Slow Show wrote: »
    Had a fun evening with my best friend who I haven't seen since the end of summer drinking hot chocolate and discussing every minute detail of recent life, and anticipating...JC RESULTS 2K11. Wow I feel like such a baby...but yeah, I'm rather curious about the whole results thing, possibly a tad nervous >.> But regardless, tomorrow night is going to be awesome. :D

Good luck :D Lil sister feelin the exact same! You'll fly em!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

seanbmc wrote: »
    No more wisdom teeth :D

The operation went really well, they said I reacted well to it , I was high as a kite afterwards, everything seemed so funny.

Not much pain now, but I'm armed with some pain killers if it does start to hurt.

Do you only get wisdom teeth removed if they're painful or what? I'm not sure and I've never asked anyone who's had them removed before.

My yaaaaaaaah moving back to Cork Thursday morning and my room mates sorting out Internet this year which means it's one less thing I've to deal with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

First day of college tomorrow (Deja vu) I'm excited... but scared... but excited

That out today or tomorrow? I shall have a gawk! I will report back when I see it :D

It was in the shops today, but sometimes the free edition is delivered to houses on Wednesdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Do you only get wisdom teeth removed if they're painful or what? I'm not sure and I've never asked anyone who's had them removed before.

My yaaaaaaaah moving back to Cork Thursday morning and my room mates sorting out Internet this year which means it's one less thing I've to deal with :D

Mine were impacted, not growing the way they are supposed to, they'd end up undoing all the othodontic work I had previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    First day of college tomorrow (Deja vu) I'm excited... but scared... but excited

Oh lawdy, same here. And I have to get up at like 6am to get the train. Hrrrngh. Going to need about a litre of coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

First day of induction, or first day of actually doing work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My France roomie was actually on fb chat for the first time in forever. How I miss our abusive conversations <3

Robby91 wrote: »
    First day of induction, or first day of actually doing work?

First day of induction. Lectures start on Monday I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

With that blood all over it? 0_o

With that blood all over it? 0_o

The blood was in the Limerick Chronicle, the Examiner and the Mirror. :D

There were much cleaner pictures in the Mary Immaculate College Annual Guide and the student handbooks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Couldn't sleep so I was going back through random pages in the soundtrack thread and came across Duke Special! I had forgotten how much I love his music! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I think I may have met my best friend. Ever. She is the coolest person ever and is literally my twin in all aspects. I FÚCKING LOVE HER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I will never forgive you. Even if I encouraged it. :(

</3

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    She is the coolest person ever and is literally my twin in all aspects.

Apart from you guys not actually being siblings...

Apart from you guys not actually being siblings...

Dry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

UV paint party was waaaay better than the foam party!

Walked home from the Lodge at 2am, stopped at the shop and got a can of coke and a packet of haribo! Win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I think I may have met my best friend. Ever. She is the coolest person ever and is literally my twin in all aspects. I FÚCKING LOVE HER.

Lies. If there is a definitive "coolest person ever", it's this guy.
    jimi-hendrix-40-years.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm going to see Dolly Parton tonight and I can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

My friend is going to celebrate her JC results :pac:
    And about the results... I got three A's, 1 D, 1 B and four C's :D I'm unbelievabley happy about that :D Amazing for me at least :L

:eek: I am so jealous!!

First day of college was good. Couldn't be more different to UCD. There's only 54 people in my class and we spent the day just doing ice-breakers and stuff. Tomorrow we're doing a culinary mystery tour thing and I'm the leader of my team. Then Friday we're all going for a class lunch together and lectures/freshers week next week. Kind of made friends with someone which is good. Basically so far my experience has been opposite to what it was last time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Wooooooooooooooo!!

Delighted with my results :D

2 As, 7Bs and a C I might appeal (but probably wont because it's a waste of money and it doesn't mean anything) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I love logging on and reading the arrrggghhhhh thread to read soccy and Noels drunken posts!.. They were once so innocent, how they grow up so fast :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Wooooooooooooooo!!

Delighted with my results :D

2 As, 7Bs and a C I might appeal (but probably wont because it's a waste of money and it doesn't mean anything) :P

Well done! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

One more day of induction down, and further evidence (:P) to suggest that we're going to be doing development for Android devices in first year, which should be interesting :3 So far, everyone in the class seems fairly reasonable (although, admittedly, I probably spent more time with some girls doing e-Office Admin than with the Software Dev folks but eh)

That, and the group I was in won the table quiz for the IT students, which was nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Shot the shit with Ros na Rún's John Joe last night. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

We were assigned lab partners for my optics module which i thought was retarded...until i saw my partner. Hello beautiful south african boy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Have been worried about getting supplemental results since, eh, I sat the exams. Was a bit of a joke tbh, because I only crammed for them the week they were on, with absolutely minus real-preparation. I went into one of them with quite a lot of gin-in-me, due to some early morning nerves.

Anyway, got results today. Happy as Lar. My system works, got a 1st in both. LOL. And my results aren't capped because this was my first time sitting the exams. Queen of the failures. BOOM! :D HI 3RD MED OFFICIALLY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

G'wan bythewoods! Proud of you. :D

Although, don't you do BESS? >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

That's what I meant! Sometimes fake tan makes my fingers greasy and I... type funny.

Huh huh, I'm so ditzy. <3 being a BESS babe!

• Advertisement
Advertisement