Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

PES 12 demo
    FIFA 12 demo
    Blink Album leaked

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    We were assigned lab partners for my optics module which i thought was retarded...until i saw my partner. Hello beautiful south african boy!!
    WE MUST BEFRIEND.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Class night :D

Like absolutely un-believeabubble :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Dolly Parton is a god!!that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You know you have friends worth sticking around for when they're still there after you act pissy at them and cop on afterwards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm just in the door from an unreal night, and I think I just had the best, happiest day of my life so far. 9 A's and a B lads, seriously, that was my wildest dream...It's going to take me a long time to come down from this high.

Today was a good day. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

\o/ Slow Show! Same results as I got, back in the day.. So I predict you'll do a year of med, drop out, work for a year, do TP, transfer to maths.. >.>

Absolutely delighted for you, well deserved, and I know you won't be the kind of person to get arrogant and lazy on the back of your results, so this bodes well for LC '13 methinks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Aoibheann wrote: »
    \o/ Slow Show! Same results as I got, back in the day.. So I predict you'll do a year of med, drop out, work for a year, do TP, transfer to maths.. >.>

Absolutely delighted for you, well deserved, and I know you won't be the kind of person to get arrogant and lazy on the back of your results, so this bodes well for LC '13 methinks. :)

true that. go to college and have the best tTIME EVER.

GO TO UL

>>
    <<

And, erm.. Try to avoid drunken posting when you do get to college. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Orientation today :-D hello arts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm just after installing UPC. Internet at last. \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I won guestlist to the Gears of War 3 launch event \o/. Got it through boards, going to be unreal :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

seanbmc wrote: »
    I won guestlist to the Gears of War 3 launch event \o/. Got it through boards, going to be unreal :D.
    I'm rather jealous of you at this very moment of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Just joined the uni gym with one of the girls (she's from Tyrone and we get on great. I love her 'cause she always understands my Irish slang, even when no one else does! :pac:). Feels so good to be starting back into an exercise routine as I did f all during the LC! Now all we have to do is plan our workouts so we avoid the times the lads in our halls go! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Skintwin wrote: »
    We were assigned lab partners for my optics module which i thought was retarded...until i saw my partner. Hello beautiful south african boy!!
    WE MUST BEFRIEND.

Back off. MINE!

Boom. No physics lecture tomorrow. GOLDEN WEEK!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

The yaaaaaaaaah is strong in this one...
    >.>
    <.<

Well, induction's over and done with. Timetable is a bit hit-and-miss - starting at 9am every day, finishing at 6pm on Mon/Tues (but the last lecture on Tuesday may be moved) but I finish on Wed/Thurs/Fri at 2pm/11am (I think)/2pm respectively, which is rather nice.

And there's a foam party on Monday night for Fresher's Week, and the 9am lecture is not happening on Tuesday (the 2hr practical immediately after may not be held either), which is just perfect! Everything's coming up Milhouse Robby91!

Then there's 4 hours of programming (and nothing else) on Wednesdays so...
    954.jpg

Finally... got my graduation booking form from LCFE (haven't decided whether I'll go yet), but I assume I get a certificate so \o/

Interview for the ideal part-time job next Friday. Woop! :D

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Interview for the ideal part-time job next Friday. Woop! :D
    oooh! where? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Internet.... IN MY HOUSE :eek:

• Advertisement

Skintwin wrote: »
    oooh! where? :D

My college library! It'd be morning work (pre-lectures) shelving books etc. I'd absolutely love to get it, so hoping my experience matches what they're looking for! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I has double stuffed oreos!! \o/

seanbmc wrote: »
    You could totally bring me........ JUST SAYING.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Best of luck with the interview Aoibheann, really hope you get it! It sounds amazing!

I'd really love a job though, my half-hearted search over the summer didn't work, and I don't have much hope of getting one while in Dublin (and to be really honest, not that much time - this year is a huge step up in work from last year!). But in third year we have to apply to companies for work placement (it's part of our degree), and I'm not sure actuarial firms will be rushing out to hire a student who's only jobs to date have been stocking shelves in a pub and cutting people's grass while they are away on holidays :o

But it's not until next year. And last year's class, every single person managed to get placed in a firm, so there's hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm getting my braces off, I'm getting my braces off :D

If you're looking for a job, a lot of places are starting to hire Christmas temps now! Penneys are for one (online applications), as well as Lush on Grafton St (CV and cover letter to be dropped in to the store). I'd expect to see places like River Island etc starting to hire soon, so keep an eye on their sites. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I've just potentially increased my income by ~40%, from its already very good level. This will allow me to potentially save up for next year while paying my way through this year. If I get Schols and everything pans out as well as it could, I could conceivably end the year with enough money to pay my way through the rest of my degree, including food, clothes, etc. So happy! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Changed my Friday horse riding lesson to the adult lesson on a Thursday evening and I <333 it soo much. Theyre all like in their 30s but theyre so nice to me and the lesson is with a different instructor (coz the one that taught me Friday also teaches me Saturday) so its really good getting a different insight!

Just the whole being gone from after half 6 till 9, the aul homework gets fair neglected <.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

deise_girl wrote: »
    Changed my Friday horse riding lesson to the adult lesson on a Thursday evening and I <333 it soo much. Theyre all like in their 30s but theyre so nice to me and the lesson is with a different instructor (coz the one that taught me Friday also teaches me Saturday) so its really good getting a different insight!

Just the whole being gone from after half 6 till 9, the aul homework gets fair neglected <.<
    My photography course does that to me on Tuesdays.

I'm after just putting on FM104 for the first time ever through the TuneIn app and I joined at a conversation discussing, ahem, downstairs hair maintenance! What do ye Dublin stations get up to at all! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

The milk in the fridge goes out of date on my birthday.

Woo!:D

The milk in the fridge goes out of date on my birthday.

Woo!:D
    You always know you're getting close to your birthday when that hapens! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

We went to the pigs ear for our class lunch. SO good!

Edit: I also just checked my timetable. If I've read it right i have a half day on Tuesday and Fridays off! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

6a01310f9ede0b970c014e8a295dd9970d-800wi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Today is my last day as a child. Farewell sweet memories
    /cries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Passed my repeat, hello second year!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

I'm going to the aquarium tomorrow :D And it was my idea, so my class are delighted that I saved them from a six hour tour of a monastry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I laaaaaav school. It's super tiring and I've firmly established myself as the weird old person, but it's so awesome! Doesn't even compare to my old school. Downside: I'm consuming copious amounts of caffeine. Fifteen shots of espresso yesterday. And 8.30 - 8.00 is a LONG day. Not enough hours in the day really. But still, yay!

Coffee in Arabica is goooooood stuff. Looking forward to whatever happens next week.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Coffee in Arabica is goooooood stuff. Looking forward to whatever happens next week.

I wonder who brought you there......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Got my ticket sorted for Sunday, eeek :D So excited and nervous now!

I wonder who brought you there......

Backhand marketing, hah :pac:

Actually went there myself, believe it or not :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Everything's going to be ok. Woooo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ireland!

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Ireland!

No one in the world could have beaten our scrum today :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Iced Earth have re-released Dante's Inferno and made it available for free... 16(ish) minutes of pure awesome :D

EDIT: Holy ****, this is weird... new vocalist is meh (at best) for the first 1:30 (or so) of the song, then suddenly turns it around... the original recording is still better, but this is still pretty damn good... :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

16 hours of sleep well earned.

Debs was gas. I've no hangover. Sometimes even I think I'ma god. Some bants on the dancefloor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Life in general is just class at the moment. I'm fitter and healthier than I have been in years and I'm enjoying my new course. And I seem to have finally learned how to balance having the craic and going to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

enhanced-buzz-24546-1287593148-13.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

:eek:

Why is this a yaaaah? Shame on you MarkD09!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

MarkD09 wrote: »
    enhanced-buzz-24546-1287593148-13.jpg
    We were watching that in school. So hard to stifle the tears :(

Advertisement